[Please Help!] Looking for some queuebicle help

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by texnguy, Mar 17, 2022.

1. texnguy

texnguy Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    In the image, I see the "Max Per Project" to the left of where you're signifying. The block is empty when I create my watchers. If I don't put something in, does that default to "0" or "1" (thus leading to the blocking after it spawns a panda)? Wondering if I change this to say 999,999 if it would result me more HITs being grabbed by my watcher.

2. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,082
    Leaving it blank or putting a 0 tells QBC to not create a parameter. From my two images, the Watcher (top) is left blank by default and the manual panda (bottom) has a 0 by default. I would think that if you set it at 999,999 it would essentially be the same thing because you would never achieve that many HITs. But perhaps there is some logic in the coding that if you set it to a high number QBC will toggle the panda off and on until you reach that number, assuming you're able to assign it to one of the managed groups (e.g. TV or YV) and it falls within those managed group parameters. Worth testing out to see if it works.

3. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,082
    @texnguy on second thought, scratch that. You wouldn't need these special watchers at that point because TV or YV will catch it (and everything else) if you set the parameters low enough to accommodate HITs such as Eran or MLDataLabeler.

4. texnguy

texnguy Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    Well, I considered that, too, but if i lower all the parameters it would catch all the crappy ones that I don't enjoy. These are the few penny hits I really don't mind. I'm good with a few random ones popping in while I'm doing a longer HIT because it's nice to break the monotony. Some of the other repetitious ones just get on my nerves. It did seem to work to put them in YV. I went with 999,999 in hopes of keeping it from adding these HITs to the block list like I've seen the TV hits do.

5. texnguy

texnguy Turker

Ratings:
    +7