[Please Help!] Tips pls!

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Coljody00, May 10, 2022.

1. Coljody00

Coljody00 New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Good Morning,

I am in the UK. I have a 99.3% approval, 18,707 hits completed over the last 2 years. I use the finder (not great for me only picks up some) and i use the catcher on turkerview.
    I'm just looking to pick up more, my list is never usually over 150, most of them are rubbish ones! Is this because i am in the UK?

I have heard of other programs to use but will i be able to pick up more, even the hits i get are really low paying ones.

Please help me with your recommendations what to try next ?

Thanks

Jody

2. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,176
    I think being in the UK can work against you, but probably not as much as you think. Sure, some HITs are reserved for US workers, but I see a lot of HITs being posted without location quals, and sometimes if there are location quals, they include most of the English speaking countries together (e.g. US, UK, CA, etc...).

If you are not seeing a lot in your scrapper, I think you should look at your quals. Are you checking places like QualifEye to look for qualifications? I recommend you check there often and attempt as many of the tests you see posted as you can. Plus, pay attention to the HITs section at the bottom and attempt the ones you can get. This page is constantly updating as it scrapes Mturk frequently so check often. https://turkerview.com/qualifeye/

Unfortunately I am in the US, so this is just my take. Maybe someone from the UK will chime in to give better advice.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Coljody00

Coljody00 New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you for replying! I do check QualifEye, but haven't really picked anything up. I will check it more often. :emoji_smiley: