How do you leave negative reviews of Requesters when the HIT is done and gone?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by MDamion, Jun 3, 2022.

1. MDamion

MDamion Turker

Ratings:
    +21
    Below is what I wish to post Negatives on Requester with the name OB Researcher. I've contacted both parties with the same name and sent them the following...
    $2.25 HIT dropped from my Dashboard with no evidence I even completed the HIT. Since there are 2 Requesters with this name, I will post Negatives on both and let them sort it out. I was not paid for the HIT and I therefore assume am freely available to do whatevers until such time payment in full is received and will remove it's posting. Proof of work video link as follows:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdrs92el3go6vca/327-22.0528.1314 *(2.25)*-.mp4?dl=0
    Is there an easier way to locate the Requester and then post negative review??? Your help on the matter would greatly be appreciated.

2. MagicSnowman

MagicSnowman Turker

Ratings:
    +47
    Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] Jury Duty - The Kind You Can Do In Your PJs (DC5QBJ3)(~ 56 minutes) - $10.05 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $7.48 / hour
    01:20:36 / completion time
    Pros:
    Relatively straightforward; you won't miss ACs if you read and take notes.
    Cons:
    Underpaid for the amount of effort you have to put in.

Catchability: Very Low (HIT Last Seen: 3 hours ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; SurveyGroup [6448] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [11769525-367725] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Empirical Jury's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. test ing

test ing Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,014
    @MDamion You seem to have failed the attention check

"Which of the following is not a geometric shape?"
    You selected circle

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  4. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,116
    It's messed up the attention questions were before the survey started and they let him continue. He should have been bumped out right there and not been able to take the survey at all.

I guess you should be happy if you didn't get a rejection, but it's creepy your data can be manipulated like that by an outside source.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  5. Rook

Rook Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    I watched the video and you didn't read very carefully. You got a bot/attention check question wrong at the beginning and answered questions you didn't need to at the end. None of that should cause a HIT to drop from your dashboard though. I wonder if something is wrong on mturk's end. I did a HIT this morning, pressed submit and it acted like it submitted it but it wasn't in my dashboard. I saw 2 others complain about the same thing in return reviews for the next HITs in the batch. I returned them all. I'm not sure it's the requester's fault if it's not in your dashboard, that's more like a problem with mturk? Anyone know?

6. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    The dashboard is controlled by Amazon. Any scripts or extensions like MTS are just addons. If the task does not show up in one of the daily reports within the dashboard, it does not count. Also, keep in mind if you accept a HIT yesterday, but finish it tomorrow, it will show on yesterday's daily. Some people aslo forget that Amazon day change is at 12AM PST, so they may have accepted the HIT at 11:59 PM PST, but turn it in on 12:01 AM PST the "next day" and then wonder where their HIT went.

But I don't think anything I described above fits the case here. If you look at his video, the work he did was for Chris Petsko, not OB Researcher. There is either some confusion on his end, or he uploaded the wrong video for us to watch.

7. MDamion

MDamion Turker

Ratings:
    +21
    Yikes! Linguistics, How in the hell did I miss that. I take the HITs as one and done and very rarely, get it wrong (I had to edit that ;)). Sorry. Thanks for those who took the time. I'm dropping the link to the video.
    I accidentally numbered OB Research and Chris Petsko's HIT as #327 on different days. OB Research I do apologize. I have no way of proving I even completed the HIT. Unfortunately, if that video existed, it was overwritten. Either way, my bad.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  8. Rook

Rook Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, I understand how the scripts and the dashboard work. I'm in the EST zone and I do not do HITs in the middle of the night my time, so this would never happen for me. I still have no explanation on how I submitted a HIT but it never showed up in my dashboard. I messaged the requester about it and they paid me for my time on it. I don't think they had the answer either and they did tell me others were having similar problems so I don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  9. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    If this one requester you referenced was experiencing the same issue with other turkers, it must have been something local to his HIT. Perhaps he cancelled the HIT in the middle of you taking it or something funky like that. Not sure how all that works on the requester's side, so just speculation on my part. And it's Amazon, so I am sure they have glitches all the time. Awesome that the requester paid you though.