10/27 - Threadless Thursday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Charlie Turksalot, Oct 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnxyz

johnxyz Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +1,685
    Daniel Rimkus [A2PT567U6CJ7QT] Survey on Rating of Hypothetical Products(~ 10 minutes) - $1.50 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $20.38 / hour
    00:04:25 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    25 products to rate, 1 per page

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 22 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Exc: [390616-390027] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

To read Daniel Rimkus's full profile check out TurkerView!

2. Mstogu

Mstogu Active Turker

Ratings:
    +112
    Cloud connect sent me an email saying they need someone in my demographics, so on and so forth--that is how I figured there was something like that. And one survey asked if I am on any other platform, I honestly said Mturk, they asked if I have seen this survey before. I wrote as far as I remember, no, but you know people forget and I am a bit extra forgetful at times. So far, I was not blocked by either. I have never got the same survey there and on Mturk. I think they are in the process of figuring that, so people will not take the same survey on both platforms. Just my wishful guess.

3. LordSteele

LordSteele Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,453
    so many surveys on prolific and connect asking for mturk id...

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  4. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    I'd be careful with those questions when you encounter them. My personal opinion.. exclude lists are a thing and survey reqs don't like "pros"

• Like Like x 1
  5. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Def some crossover, and mturk surveys redirecting to Prolific at end sometimes

6. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,141
    I'm pretty sure they have to sign up with their Connect platform but the TP panel people are on MTurk. I've only corresponded with requesters who have left them who generally consider the data they get through them to be too manipulated and not "real research". Certain requesters have directed me to their work on Prolific for well over a year. The MTurk bailout is nothing new.

7. LordSteele

Ratings:
    +8,453
    Kouchaki Lab [AITD5UBMZDT0Q] Survey About Perceptions & Experiences(~ 4 minutes) - $0.80 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.11 / hour
    00:02:39 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 11 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [390501-389912] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 50; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Kouchaki Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

8. MEC

MEC Active Turker

Ratings:
    +358
    K. L. Christensen [A1XXC98ZF17PIK] Choices Task ($0.50 for 2 minutes)(~ 2 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $6.59 / hour
    00:04:33 / completion time
    Pros:
    None, this was a waste of time.
    Cons:
    For the amount of questions required this was woefully underpaid. Then after the demographics I got the "your response has been recorded" and the final slide took my to Prolific. Going to notify the requestor because I was never given a code but there's one needed to submit.

Catchability: Expiring Soon (HIT Last Seen: 8 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Exc: [390591-390002] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; 70c0e7a8 DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

To read K. L. Christensen's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. LordSteele

Ratings:
    +8,453
    i meant specifically today though almost all the connect surveys i got today mention mturk

10. aydiarose

aydiarose Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    Kouchaki Lab [AITD5UBMZDT0Q] Survey About Perceptions & Experiences(~ 4 minutes) - $0.80 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $11.90 / hour
    00:04:02 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 13 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [390501-389912] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 50; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Kouchaki Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

11. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,141
    I think this is how I got my CR#2. I was honest when they asked me how many HITs I've done.
    My bad. Nobody's business. They have a ton of snooper accounts and I got my CR#2 from SurveyComet three months after I last did a survey from them.

12. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Ah. A lot of days I completely ignore Connect because I hate it

Interesting. Yeah its not necessarily new but definitely much more noticeable.

13. orionhawk

orionhawk Active Turker

Ratings:
    +789
    MAPELab [A2OAYVAUPOQDKE] Survey about preferences(~ 5 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $12.68 / hour
    00:02:22 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 13 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [12487719-390031] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; SurveyGroup [5776] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

To read MAPELab's full profile check out TurkerView!

14. Mstogu

Mstogu Active Turker

Ratings:
    +112
    I just don't lie as a principle. I tell the blunt truth. If they block, so be it. I will think it was good while it lasted. If I get a survey that I recognize in one platform, then I will just not do it. But yes, I am not a computer, I may forget I have done the same study before, especially if I did it a while ago.

• Love Love x 1
  15. test ing

test ing Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,014
    I'm willing to bet they probably got tired of asking support to help fix the issue with limits and ran to the other platforms without revising anything. Every other day a requester posts their horror stories about being ignored by support and giving up hope. These are the requesters who post online, but we all know from experience the dozens and hundreds that have gone missing could care less to share their experience online.

I feel like we can't win with them.
    Oh look, a brand new requester with a $2.00 survey!
    Clicks ACCEPT.
    "You have taken the maximum amount of blah blah blah" :emoji_joy:

At the end of the day they share those lists just like the template questions, and the "pros" decrease the value of their data set.
    SpeEdeRs WiLL bE ReJecTeD!:emoji_laughing:

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  16. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,141
    For me it was noticeable when I got CR#2. I've learned to work differently and I've already made more this year than last, when I finish what's in my queue I'll be $6 from my weekly goal of $200.

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  17. Mstogu

Mstogu Active Turker

Ratings:
    +112
    yes, they seem they do not care if workers can be on different platforms. but who knows?

18. BloominMeg

BloominMeg Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,390
    Is that only work on MTurk, or including Prolific and such?

19. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    I'm hitting about 200/week and sometimes less regularly lately (w/ Prolific, Connect), and that is much less than my weekly totals prior to the summer slowdown... prob gonna have to switch from Amazon's Turk to Amazon Warehouse

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  20. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,141
    This week, yeah. I only work MTurk and Prolific. I had a good batch week so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.