Queuebicle QBC is broken?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by TurRaider8v, Dec 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Ginger

Ginger New Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +13
    Add me to the bandwagon of folks with QBC issues. Mine is a persistent pop-up error that reads:

"QBC has accidentally tripped Amazon.com's (not MTurk's) automated login trigger. We're working to fix this issue, in the meantime please DM ChrisTurk and let him know this still occurred."

I tried messaging @ChrisTurk weeks ago about a QBC error that thankfully righted itself somehow, and I never got a response. Is the expectation that there will be no QBC support going forward?

Are there any viable QBC alternatives out there?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  2. Funkyshot

Funkyshot Turker

Ratings:
    +110
    Interesting... Anyone reading this also know how to solve this error and not saying anything? Just curious.

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Unable to get QBC to work, just getting this error. upload_2023-1-5_10-23-39.png

Can't power it on/off, just stays a blank screen. Was working fine last month but I haven't touched it since. Guess QBC is dead?

• Yikes Yikes x 1
  4. WillowWolf

WillowWolf Mischief Managed

Ratings:
    +39,578
    Trying to post an update link here, unsuccessfully, but there's an update in the help section.

• Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  5. Ginger

Ratings:
    +13
    Thank you for the heads up, @WillowWolf! Here's the link to your update thread for others who've posted here:

Edit: Never mind, the forum coding that causes QBC to become auto-hyperlinked is causing the URL to not format correctly. It's the thread just above this one in the same Help & Guides section of the forum. Thanks again for the update!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  6. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,115
    Mine's been working fine but I haven't been using it for quick batches. Maybe QBC isn't really broke but MTurk is broke? I get an error when I do penny hits without QBC so there's more going on here.

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  7. classy meme

classy meme Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,933
    I'm temporarily using turk guru - costs half of what QBC does but you get what you pay for. QBC alts would be nice as I'm not into turk guru.

Edit: I just want to say that right now and for the last couple years at least, turking is impossible just by regular panda and human speed. You need apps because otherwise I'll be making $0.50/day. Hell even with help I'm not doing much better. I need QBC's replacement yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  8. TurRaider8v

TurRaider8v Active Turker

Ratings:
    +115
    I'm getting this error now and QBC won't work:

"QBC has accidentally tripped Amazon.com's (not MTurk's) automated login trigger. We're working to fix this issue, in the meantime please DM ChrisTurk and let him know this still occurred."

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. You have to be logged into Amazon

9. Ginger

Ratings:
    +13
    I'm glad you were able to get it sorted! My error was persistent for days until I cleared all browser cookies/cache, restarted my computer, logged into Amazon.com and MTurk separately, and finally I opened QBC again and just let it sit there for several hours. I would periodically click on "Refresh Login" on the QBC settings tab, and after about 6 hours (I tried refreshing the login approx once per hour), the error finally resolved.

Initially I was concerned that I'd have to leave QBC running in perpetuity to avoid tripping the error, but I cautiously closed and restarted it and it's been fine for a few days. So in case anyone else gets the "accidentally tripped Amazon.com's automated login trigger" error, give the above a try!

• Like Like x 1
  10. classy meme

classy meme Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,933
    Tried everything. It shouldn't be this hard. Nothing works. It's stuck forever "setting up" on the watchers page. Every time I restart it it begins setting up and scanning the earnings anew. Really very aggravating.