Workernator

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Kadauchi, Jan 22, 2023.

1. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    I wonder if it would be possible to establish some kind of communication with these researchers to give them some actual feedback into getting quality work from us versus their flawed ideas about how this all works. Its just going to keep getting worse for everyone if they continue trying to exclude workers based on their false assumptions....

2. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,115
    That's how Cloud Research operates, and researchers started sending me to Prolific two years ago. I had really hoped they would stay on their own shitty little platform, but they seem obsessed with destroying MTurk. Many of the researchers I've communicated with don't consider working with their handpicked pool of participants to be "real research". Amazon is really to blame for allowing their fuckery to continue and letting them throw the best workers on their platform under the bus.

• Like Like x 3
  3. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    As far as surveys go, I am making way more money daily on Prolific than Mturk. Survey offerings on MTurk has gotten to the bottom of the barrel

• Like Like x 2
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  4. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    Darn. I haven't done Prolific in ages. Just updated my profile and whammo...tons of work. I'm gunna be over there a lot more now! Tuition mooooonnnnaaaaaaayyyyyyy!

• Love Love x 1
  5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Turker

Ratings:
    +69
    Just reaching out here to see if anyone can help. I haven't been able to use PC Max or review HITs with Turkerview for a couple weeks now. I've logged off, installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, used different browsers etc. Nothing is working and I am hoping someone can help. I've asked in multiple places and haven't had any help at all. I'll pull up the side window and it shows the money I've made but no HITs are listed to review, it's just blank.

6. scout

scout Turker

Ratings:
    +125
    I just returned to MT after some time away. I finally have the invite for QBC and chose to catch up on the forum a bit before setting it up. Seems like a lot of people have had issues with it lately, and @ChrisTurk has disappeared which makes me feel uneasy about setting up a potentially broken and/or unmonitored service that may put my account at risk, so I decided to wait a bit to see what happens. But after reading this, I'm wondering should I take a risk and set it up now just so I can be grandfathered into it when yours comes out? I trust and appreciate all you've created for us so far over the years and look forward to seeing what you create next. I am worried that if I don't set up QBC now, I will have to be added to another waitlist when yours comes out, and this sounds like QBC will be transferred or grandfathered into yours in some way? Sorry, I'm just unclear if this is going to be a new version of QBC or if it's going to be a completely separate thing, and if it's the latter, how would QBC users be activated automatically? Thanks in advance if you get a moment to reply, I know you're super busy. :)

Would you please direct me to this thread? I'm wondering where Chris is not bc I'm nosy but because I finally got an invite to QBC but am hesitant to set it up if the creator is MIA and no longer responding to subscribers? I don't need details of his personal life, obviously. But, like, he's offering a service people pay for and disappeared. Did he just take a hiatus? Is he ever coming back? Or is he completely MIA? A hiatus is understandable. It's everyone else being being so secretive and dodgy about it that makes it seem sketchy, tbh.

I hope whatever is going on, he's safe and well; just taking a well-deserved break.

7. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Honestly I don't remember where that thread was or what was said in it.. not much, really

QBC still works, never had any issues with it. I still believe people's problems with it are entirely due to the MTurk platform going down several times every day

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kadauchi

Kadauchi Administrator Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +8,589
    QBC isn't broken. What appears to have happened (still testing an stuff no not 100% confident) is that MTurk now has an additional "PRE" that is the website temp unavailable message which is a longer lockout than the "PRE" just try again. Not sure what the exact limits are around this but it seems like MTurk may have started including dashboard requests in the request pool so when stuff is trying to sync their databases (QBC, MTS both) it'll have a much higher chance at causing the lockout.

Waitlist wise for this thing I'm not sure how it'll be done, I'll come up with something that works out. But yes QBC users will be able to use this out of the gate. I'm not quite sure how I'll activate it but it should end up being simple on your guy's end. A separate thing, but no extra cost.

I'm stalled a little bit right now on something but after I clear this hurdle development speed will pick back up again.

https://workernator.com/releases for current progress and signing up for an account will sign you up for emails when updates get released (which you can turn off later when I add the option) so you don't have to keep checking back.

I don't want to speak for CT so if it seems like I'm being dodgy, its because of that but he is alive and QBC has been getting some recent updates.

• Like Like x 10
  9. scout

scout Turker

Ratings:
    +125
    Thank you for taking the time to respond and clear those things up for me. I appreciate it very much.

CT being alive (hopefully well), and attentive to QBC is all I needed to know, so thank you again! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. scout

scout Turker

Ratings:
    +125

I thought I quoted this as well in my reply above but I guess not. Thank you :)

11. Ginger

Ginger New Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +13
    Cheers for the link, @Kadauchi - and a quick question: where on the Workernator site can we sign up for account to get those email updates as mentioned? Please forgive me if it's in an obvious place that I overlooked, but I couldn't seem to find a sign up page/form anywhere.

• Love Love x 1
  12. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    The sign up is just in the app right now. I haven't done much with the web side yet.

13. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    If this means downloading and installing the app and clicking sign up I tried and it just says failed to fetch.

• Like Like x 1
  14. savetheunlikely

savetheunlikely Active Turker

Ratings:
    +430
    Any tips for getting this to open for MacOS users? I've enabled the app in developer mode and also tried the control click + open to override, no luck. I keep getting "broken file" for all of the versions that I've tried. I'm assuming that it has to be a security setting on my end, but I've already overridden everything that I can find.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT; Nevermind. xattr got it done. All good now.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  15. Leonardo

Leonardo Turker

Ratings:
    +94
    same thing here

16. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    Should be working now.

17. HITTydus

HITTydus Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Can you explain exactly what you had to do? I have the same broken file issue when I try to open it.

18. lapetitebaker

lapetitebaker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,895
    In Terminal, enter “xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine “ (note the space at the end) then click and drag your app into the window to auto-fill the file path and hit enter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  19. Raymond James

Raymond James Turker

Ratings:
    +283
    I set up a new windows VM today to test out Workernator with my setup this week . Cheers @Kadauchi

20. classy meme

classy meme Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,933
    I'm not sure if late (or early?) but am also looking HARD forward to a QBC alternative. Right now am using mturk guru as my QBC just isn't working and even reinstalling I'm getting errors. Yes I've deleted folders manually too.