4/4- Too Sexy Tuesday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by malysa, Apr 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maia

Maia Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +1,851
    I was gonna reply to mdeem's comment about not getting paid for jury duty and be all infuriated, but this ish I would do for free.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    I also turned my emails back on for Prolific and haven't gotten a single email since I did that, which was several days ago. So I guess don't disable notifications if you want to keep them

3. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Kayla Young [A201W5WF0T1H09] Research survey about your opinions - $0.90 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $ / hour
    00:05:04 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 2 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 500; HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US;

To read Kayla Young's full profile check out TurkerView!

4. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,548
    I haven't gotten emails from prolific in a few years even though I have the button clicked.

• Like Like x 3
  5. APFan

APFan Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +584
    I was called one time, over 20 years ago, and I just didn't go or reply. Nothing has ever come of that, but also it was out of Detroit, so maybe they've just had other fish to fry.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  6. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Oh I thought you were saying you kept it active to see what studies are available to you. I was trying to see if any of the Pie hits post before I see them or if I have been excluded

7. malysa

Ratings:
    +5,548
    reply, nah I meant my windows notifications. my email already annoys me enough already.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Is that the browser extension then? I never get any notifications from Prolific, I have to keep the tab active and manually look at it

9. malysa

Ratings:
    +5,548
    yep. the extension is extremely helpful, especially since it even alerts you when your in the middle of another HIT.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ~geri~

~geri~ Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,130
    Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,
    You've received a bonus from Frew147 for work related to 391JB9X40BJUE0I8OAPX4FJ2ZWCKMT.
    The value of your bonus is: $4.00 USD
    The Requester included this note:
    Thank you for participating in the microtask experiment.
    You have correctly solved 8 tasks, which earns you a bonus compensation of $4.00.
    Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 6
  11. ~geri~

~geri~ Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,130
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  12. Soul

Soul Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,391
    I told them I had really bad anxiety and don't feel like i'm in a position to make a decision that'll affect someone's life.... and they still told me to bring in a doctor's notice lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Everyone wants out of jury duty, I don't think its very easy to make up excuses without something to back it up. Not showing up is def not recommended unless you want to risk paying a large fine or worse

• Like Like x 1
  14. malysa

Ratings:
    +5,548
    So this is Connect's most recent response on reddit which was released about 15 hours ago:

We are working very hard on this, both on getting an alternative in place as well as getting a resolution from PayPal. I want to reiterate that the issue with PayPal is specific to our account and therefore other apps that use PayPal may still be working. We don't know if its technical or non-technical in nature (although we suspect its the latter) and we just haven't gotten an update from them despite our efforts. But we do understand the severity of this and are looking to get a resolution for our participants as soon as humanly possible. Thank you all!

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ~geri~

~geri~ Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,130
    Can you go get a note from a doctor?

• Like Like x 1
  16. SamAnt

SamAnt Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +12,925
    Have a pregnant? :emoji_smile:

[​IMG]

Seriously though, I've been called more times than I can count. Hope that you don't get called in when you call is just about the only way to not have to go. It's super boring, so take a book or something to entertain yourself. Most the time will be spent either waiting to be chosen for a jury selection or waiting for the judge/lawyers to finish talking about what the jury can hear/see. If you get chosen, it'll be like a super long TrialbyData with long timed waiting sessions interspersed into the trial narrative. Also, hope that you get a short case if you do get chosen.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    I can partially sympathize with Connect bc dealing with Paypal customer service isn't an easy task for lots of reasons. But at the same time, they have to be moving a good amount of cash regularly which should give them some level of priority

• Like Like x 1
  18. malysa

Ratings:
    +5,548
    The pound is at 1.25 today.

• Like Like x 3
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 3
  19. Bergen

Bergen Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,545
    I've only been once. I got dismissed by the prosecutor from a DUI/drug dealing case because I had a family member in prison on similar charges. Another guy got dismissed because he told the prosecutor that drugs should be legal. So I don't know how to get out of jury duty altogether but you can find ways to get dismissed during jury screening with your answers to their questions.

• Like Like x 2
  20. AshaD223

AshaD223 Turker

Ratings:
    +30
    Research Participation Uni Basel [A28NBG3WN4UX6L] Evaluation of games (bonus payment possible)(~ 15 minutes) - $2.00 $3.25 bonus | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.02 / hour
    00:17:29 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 6 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [407860528-411408] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; Location In US;

To read Research Participation Uni Basel's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.