Need Advice

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by njoyelson, Jun 1, 2023.

1. njoyelson

njoyelson New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, I'm really bummed because I did 34 hits for Omid Davoudi and he rejected every one of them! This is how they must have felt way back when the stock market crashed. It plummeted my approval rate to 73% and my rejection rate to 26%. I basically can't do anything for anyone and if I'm understanding the stats correctly it will take over 450,000 approved hits just to function on here again. I wrote to the requester but have not heard anything back and I also disputed one of the rejections asking if I can redo them. I'm trying to figure out how to review them but I'm still in my 10 day period of training or whatever it's called. Where do I go from here, what do I do? Thanks for your time and any hints, tips or advice you can give :)
    Joy

2. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,141
    Look for safe requesters with no history of rejection and build up your numbers. MLDataLabeler is a good place to start. 34 rejections isn't something that will kill your account, you can dig your way out of this. I had something similar happen in my early days of turking.

• Love Love x 1
  3. njoyelson

njoyelson New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, that makes me feel better. And thank you to whoever moved me to the correct category I couldn't figure out how to do it :)

4. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,141
    Check your PMs. I sent you a couple you can do with your 73% rating and they have no rejections.

• Like Like x 2
  5. KelKoval78

KelKoval78 Turker

Ratings:
    +71
    Yeah he rejected mine too so don't feel bad. I knew better is my thing LOLi know wayyy better than to do those HITS I stay away from those but like always I do it anyways lol one of those things. And I am no way shape or form being arrogant or anything like that because when I make a mistake I'm the first to admit it. But the thing is I knew all my answers were correct. They were. 100%. I think the Requester is just a tool. But take the advice given to you about looking for safe requesters and don't try to rush everything all at once. Take your time. It's important to do that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. autoprt

autoprt New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    What I do if it's a new mturker i'm working with i only do 1 or 2 and submit to see if they reject or not. Some I truly feel reject so they don't have to pay you. If that is the case they aren't going to respond to you. Unfortunately contacting Mturk to complain is a total waste of time. Just keep building and the volume of good surveys done will eventually overcome the negative but you have to be careful though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wfrty13

Wfrty13 Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    I had a similar issue with GoComet. The instructions were easy enough but ... it can be hard to undertsand just what part of a line of text is a vessel and which is the route; there might not be a PO number with the correct starting numbers, the shipped on board date isn't always explicit, and one can never be quite sure of the extent for listing the material being shipped. IT is a low paying HIT but comes as a lot of HITs in the batch, So...
    I did some internet research and found
    1. USualyy the sign off date at the bottom is used as the 'shipped on board' date (which translates as the date the cargo is loaded on the ship) when a date is not actually labeled as "shipped on board"
    2. some vessel have numbers after them, some do not
    But still problems remain ...
    1. not all Bill of Ladings will have PO/SO numbers that start with digits specified in the instructions
    2. not of Bill of Ladings will use the term "shipped on board"
    3. One can never be sure of an instruction that reads "use the first line only" because one really doesn't know if that means the first line of the info, or the first line if there was not space limitations causing that first line to have to use a second line
    4. One might feel like they are guessing if they have to decide which numbers belong to a vessel and which belong to the route
    5. One might think an agent isn't the actual carrier and thus must search the documents for the actual carrier.
    So I asked the requestor some questions but am still waiting to hear back. Thse questions were:
    1. Since the internet suggest date at bottom (if it doesn't say date of inquiry) is used by the industry as 'shipped on board' date when there is otherwise no item labeled as 'shipped on board', will the requestor regard such as the 'Shipped on board' date?
    2. Since many Bill of ladings I did the HIT for don't have PO/SO numbers tarting with the required digits, will the requester accept PO/SO numbers that are found in the documents the HITS sometimes include with the Bill of Lading?

But again, I haven't heard back and its been a few days.
    My new strategy, became to submit one GoComet HIT a day to see if I can find some coherence on what the requestor's rejection is based on.
    There just is no feedback other than a general statement given as feedback on rejections. (and the instructions seem complete untl you try to do the HITS and run into finding that a PO/SO number on the Bill of Lading.

YEah, I did 30 or so Gocomet HITS and 80% were rejected!
    I would like to hear other's expereince with this requester.
    But for now, I've decided to not do any further GoComet HITS until I hear back from them but maybe, just maybe I'll do one a week to try to deduce what they are rejecting on because all though low paying and time consuming the requestor typically presents with 30-50 HITS.