HIT API Beta

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by ChrisTurk, Nov 5, 2017.

1. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    HIT API Beta
    This is only for worker.mturk.com! You must also be logged into TurkerView for it to work.

[​IMG]

The idea is to give folks more digestible data from the website. Envisioned use cases:
    • Shared Requester Accounts - Some HITs might blow chunks, some might be great, this will help differentiate
    • Variety Requesters - Some Requesters (Rekogs come to mind) have a variety of HITs and each one has its own unique pay rate. While a general profile overview is helpful, if you look at these kinds of Reqs on TO they end up being blood red because, well, everyone wants to review a crap HIT. This helps solve that problem, again w/o removing the full data profile completely.
    • Declining pay scales - the lookup key is built with the base reward amount in mind, so if a Requester lowers (or raises) the pay on their HITs the API wont feed you inaccurate data. I think this is a fantastic way of "fixing" the stale data problem TO suffers from (and TV will suffer from eventually) without outright discarding historical data in the Requester's aggregate.
    upload_2017-11-5_17-16-22.png

Updating
    Your script should update automatically, but if you prefer to get the changes right away you can do this:
    [​IMG]

Feedback
    Bugs, suggestions, improvements. HIT me with them please so I can improve this from its current state.

One big problem the site has right now is that aggregating data between Requester & individual HITs can cause pretty large discrepencies on small value HITs (penny HITs). Example:
    [​IMG]
    Obviously all 3 reviews are for the same HIT, but the requester aggregate is an average of $11.50/hr (because it calcs the average reported hourly) whereas the HIT aggregate takes the total completion time and calculates the average pay for that. The math:

R_AGG = (12.00 + 18.00 + 4.50) / 3 = $11.50/hr
    H_AGG = (3600 / ( (3+2+8)/3 )) * 0.01 = $9.00/hr [note: even more inaccurate because the result of the completion time average is rounded to a full integer value (in this case 4 vs 4.33~) which exacerbates the issue]

I am not a math wiz, if anyone has ideas to bring these values closer to each other while fitting within the constrains of the DB toss 'em at me. I only just noticed this problem about 10 minutes ago and its 1AM so I have given it zero thought, please be gentle if the answer is stupid obvious HAHA (jk I don't care).

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017