[Script] Queue Header Link

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Trickydude24, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Trickydude24

Trickydude24 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,206
    More often than I'd like, I find myself on the dashboard of mTurk wishing I could one-click my way back to my queue. Clicking a few times to get to my queue took up time and more importantly, PREs. While I could easily solve this with a bookmark (I have way too many as is!), have another tab open, or a million other ways, it was enough of an annoyance (and an excuse!) that I decided to create a really simple script to fix this issue.

So I created Queue Header Link, a very simple script that adds a link to your queue on the top header bar across all MTurk pages.

Screenshot -
    [​IMG]

Current Version - 3.1 [Dec 16th, 2019]
    Download Here - https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/32528-mturk-queue-header-link

Known Issues:
    - None

Releases:
    [Dec 16th `19] v. 3.1 - Excluded link from showing on MTurk's new payment system (for security reasons).
    [Feb 15th `19] v. 3.0 - Removed legacy www code. Tweaked script to run on all relevant MTurk pages, regardless of if MTurk's own native "Your HITs Queue" link exists.
    [Dec 12th `17] v. 2.0 - Redid parts of the script to accommodate for Worker changes, prepping for MTurk's forced switchover from www. The www portion of the code will be deleted next update, when it no longer exists.
    [Nov 24th `17] v. 1.3.1 - Renamed the script and adjusted descriptions.
    [Nov 20th `17] v. 1.3 - Added link to the top of all Worker site pages instead of just the dashboard. Requested by member @Rick&Morty.
    [Oct 6th `17] v. 1.2 - Fixed issue where the link also appeared in the footer of the worker site.
    [Sep 29th`17] v. 1.1 - Added compatibility with worker site's dashboard, fixed small bug where reference URLs stopped the script from working.

[Aug 22nd `17] v. 1.0 - Initial Release

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  2. klyde

klyde Turker

Ratings:
    +132
    This is awesome. Any way it could be added to the hits page we are working on? Not having those links or a search really sucks on the new worker site.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trickydude24

Ratings:
    +5,206
    Thanks for the feedback! Per your request, I have just updated the script so it will appear across all of Worker's pages. Enjoy! :D

• Love Love x 1
  4. klyde

klyde Turker

Ratings:
    +132
    You are awesome. Appreciate it!

5. klyde

klyde Turker

Ratings:
    +132
    Hate to be a bother but I noticed when I am on the hit I am working on, it does not show up. I am using Firefox but I checked Chrome and it doesn't seem to work there either. It shows on Dashboard and Hits Queue but not when I open the hit.

6. Trickydude24

Ratings:
    +5,206
    Whoops, not sure how I didn't catch that. My mistake. That will be fixed in the next version.

Speaking of...

Upcoming Update - Version 2.0 - Coming Soon
    I'm working on a partial re-write for the script, version 2.0, for a few reasons.
    1. The current script doubles-up the queue link with MTurk's built-in HITs queue link (which only appears on certain pages - not on the dashboard nor on the HIT page itself), as seen here - [​IMG]
    2. Different pages of the worker site are coded differently, so there is no universal solution - this requires some time to find what pages are laid out differently and to figure out how to neatly add a queue link appropriately.
    3. I want things to look like they belong, instead of just throwing a link willy-nilly in there.

What Is Already Done (Version 2.0)

• The Dashboard page will now follow the rest of the worker site in having a secondary bar under the navigation, which includes the new queue link location -
      [​IMG]
    • Removed HITs Queue link on pages where MTurk natively adds it - removes doubling-up of queue links.

What Needs Worked On (Version 2.0)

• Queue link on HIT preview - of course, MTurk decided to code the preview page and the accepted page differently, so this requires some tinkering.
    • Queue link on accepted HITs - technically already works, but looks sort of ugly with the existing HIT information bar, especially for batches - requires more tinkering.

There is no known date when version 2.0 will release - shouldn't be too long. Keep in mind, I make $0 doing this, so whenever I get some free time, I will continually update it and push version 2.0 out as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience and stay tuned!

PS - If you're wondering how my worker site theme is dark, check out the themes I created over at this thread! - https://turkerhub.com/threads/mturk-worker-site-dark-themes-beta.768/

• Love Love x 1
  7. Trickydude24

Ratings:
    +5,206
    !! VERSION 2.0 IS RELEASED !!

First of all, I want to say, thank you so much for 115 installs! You are incredible and the support is amazing. I know it's a really simple script, but I'm amazed that so many of you found interest in using such a script. It means a lot! :D Now, on with the update.

Your script should update automatically at some point if you already have an older version installed. You can check the header of the script to see if you have version 2.0.

Don't have the script? Download version 2.0 here - https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/32528-mturk-queue-header-link

What's Changed?
    • In my last post, I mentioned how I created a bar on the dashboard to input the link. Well now MTurk has added that bar natively, so I had to undo some work I did preparing for 2.0.
    • Some pages of MTurk has the HIT queue link natively built in - I tried to account for this and stopped the script from adding a second link (particularly on the HITs grid pages).
    • MTurk coded some pages differently from the rest, resulting in some creative ways to implement the HITs Queue link (particularly on an accepted HIT page - they removed the top navigation bar completely). I experimented with several different options before settling on what looks more natural.
    • The www code still exists, but will be removed in the next update when MTurk forces the change over to worker for everyone.
    As always, any issues, please let me know! MTurk is still modifying code, so it's possible things will break or behave weird. Thanks for your support!!

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. LLL

LLL Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,994
    Thanks BB! You're the best!!!

Seriously, thanks for all the hard work you have put into writing and then updating these scripts.

• Love Love x 1
  9. Trickydude24

Ratings:
    +5,206
    Thank you, that means a lot to me! :emoji_smile:

• Love Love x 1
  10. klyde

klyde Turker

Ratings:
    +132
    Thank you my friend. You are making the new site easier to use.

• Love Love x 1
  11. Trickydude24

Ratings:
    +5,206
    Version 3.1 released
    This is a small update that excludes the script from operating on MTurk's new payment pages (for security reasons).

You can also globally blacklist any script from running on those pages within Tampermonkey settings as well. Refer to this thread for more information - https://forum.turkerview.com/thread...on-mturks-bank-account-management-pages.2825/

Script should auto-update within the next day or so. Latest version is 3.1, updated December 16th, 2019. Let me know of any issues!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019