Intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cynthia Anderson, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Cynthia Anderson

Cynthia Anderson New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi my name is Cynthia Anderson aka "Cindy". Just wanted to say hello. I have been using Mechanical Turk for a couple of years however I just started taking it serious. I know the basic's like how to accept and do a Hit. What I don't know is this whole script thing. Hopefully i can learn on here. Thanks!

• Like Like x 4
  2. ClassicChump

ClassicChump Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +3,051
    Welcome to the Hub!

If you haven't already I'd recommend downloading the chrome extension Mturk Suite https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mturk-suite/iglbakfobmoijpbigmlfklckogbefnlf?hl=en-US

Using it updates the Hits Page automatically and allows you to add them to the catcher function so that when they appear again it will automatically accept it for you. This only works well with a few hits at a time though.

It may not seem super intuitive at first, but I find that it's easiest to look at the "logged Hits" section of hit finder, its the one under "new hits" because as the page refreshes every few seconds, many of the hits disappear if they are taken.

The logged Hits section keeps them visible, so you can add them to the catcher, to do that, right click the title in hit finder, and in the dropdown box the section mturk suite will have "hitcatcher once" & you just click that. You also have to have hit catcher open in a separate window.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have; or you can post it in the daily thread https://turkerhub.com/forums/daily-mturk-hits-threads.2/

A new one is posted every day and that's where all the conversation, and all the great hits get posted.

[​IMG]

3. Lil Kitchen

Lil Kitchen Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +12,419
    Welcome to turkerhub!!!:flail::arms::leftyhyperflail::arms::yesyes:

4. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    Welcome to TurkerHub! :)
    [​IMG]

5. heatfan

heatfan Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,200
  6. SmokedKipper

SmokedKipper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,207
    Welcome to the forums :)

7. Buntastic

Buntastic Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +23,740
  8. NobodyImportant

NobodyImportant Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,698
    [​IMG]

Howdy Cindy, a lot of helpful folks here, I'm sure you will learn a lot during your stay, as hopefully we all do.
    Don't be shy and best of luck, and I hope you makes lots of cash :D