[Solved] Panda Crazy and [Acc x/y]. Unable to grab certain hits anymore.

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by TheFitCajun, Aug 6, 2018.

1. TheFitCajun

TheFitCajun Active Turker

Ratings:
    +464
    When you are catching hits on Panda and you have "[Acc: 0/0]" at the bottom of the job window, what is the second number for? Is it how many hits were found, while the first number is how many were accepted? I have a job being searched and it's "[Acc: 0/100]", leading me to think something is wrong with my ability to grab said hits.

2. Girl Polar Bear

Girl Polar Bear Queen of the North

Ratings:
    +45,742
    it shows the HITs that you were not able to catch but somehow PC knows they were at there. for example, if you setup a C-Sats search panda, you will see that a lot, like 2/45 or 1/100. Your PC was late to catch them but not late enough to see them.

Also it may mean the following, some requester did a really terrible job and did not use quals to avoid people for re-taking the HIT. Since you did the HIT before you cannot accept the HIT but PC does not know, so it will be like 0/1212. It also happens a lot in C-sats where you are only supposed to take one HIT per batch.

OR you are blocked but PC does not give purple stuff anymore but you are counting those numbers.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I was busy cleaning up my queue but it would also be worth reading through the manual. Some of it is out of date but it is mostly right.

http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/

The panda colors for example no longer function now that www is dead.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheFitCajun

Ratings:
    +464

That sucks. I thought maybe I could be soft blocked or something, now I don't know how to tell if I am. It's with the Noah chat hits. I've done a good bit of them every day last week and even received bonuses (so I take it they like my work), but all of a sudden I can only grab one in a blue moon today. It's seeing a lot of hits being posted apparently, but I'm not grabbing anywhere near the rate I was last week.

5. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    If you are blocked or unqualed it will turn purple. It just isn't possible to know what it is without double checking to see if you would be qualed. If you are qualed and it is marked as not qualed you are blocked.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheFitCajun

Ratings:
    +464
    Ahh, okay. So the colors do still function properly? I thought you were saying they don't work at all anymore. I guess I'm not blocked or unqualed, then.

7. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    The only color you will ever see is the purple color. We used to get a proper 'blocked' flag on mturk but that is no longer true so you will only see 'notqualed'. This can only trigger while the hits are up and if it triggers saying 'noqualed' while mturk says you should be you are blocked.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheFitCajun

Ratings:
    +464
    So, something weird is still going on. I keep seeing the hits popping up in Overwatch, but my panda is not finding anything and when I click on the hit in Overwatch I get the "No hits available" error. However, if I quickly search for the requester (in this case Noah), the hit does show up and I do not appear to be missing any quals according to the page. Here's a screenshot of when I search for the requester and the hit showing I meet all requirements:

9. WildFlower

WildFlower Survey Slinger FF Champion II

Ratings:
    +4,950
    Well, I mean, in the case of Noah, yeah, you might be blocked. He does block without much explanation, that's a known thing with him at this point. Once upon a time he was a really great requester. You have to pick and choose with him in the last year or so. Doing good work for him or receiving a bonus would not necessarily preclude you from being blocked, it might be why you got blocked, meaning he wants other people to work on those hits.

https://turkerview.com/requesters/A1GZULXPTPEB8R
    https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/A1GZULXPTPEB8R