February '17 Awards Voting & More

Discussion in 'Awards' started by ChrisTurk, Feb 28, 2017.

?

Who is your selection for February '17 TurkerHub MotM?

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.
Poll closed Mar 3, 2017.
  1. TurkedOut

2. WishATurkerWould

3. Randomacts

4. Bad Panda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    This thread will be a little different as it'll have the normal poll and a few new no-voting-necessary for funsie awards.

HIT Posters for this month:

MemberTotal PandA Points# HITs
    @TurkedOut 3,868870
    @WishATurkerWould 2,613362
    @Randomacts 2,520630
    @Bad Panda2,383466
    You're free to use any criteria you prefer to vote, I'm just trying to provide some objective metrics to help folks decide. Obviously if you felt someone's HITs in particular were helpful to you vote based on that :)

A user badge will be granted (there may even be a selection of them depending on how many cheesy titles I can come up with!) along with the normal $20 and contributor perks.. If those ever become a thing. Rewards will probably be paid out through mTurk for simplicity sake.

Voting will be open for 56 hours so everyone can get a chance to cast their ballot (and so the poll ends at a reasonable time). No campaigning public or private.

Misc Awards/Stats:
    I whipped up some small user icons for folks who interact w/ the post ratings a lot on the forums. Icons will be handed out each month semi-arbitrarily (I'll explain this below) for the users who receive the most LOL, Like/Love, and Useful/Informative post ratings. There will also be two icons for those who give the most Likes/Loves and LOLs. Again, just for fun and no real incentive beyond that since its kind of an abusable system.

The arbitrary part is because Hummingbirdee would have won 4 of the 5 awards if I did it solely by #s, so I gave her the one she was most dominant in and then went from there eliminating staff/folks who had also already won another category. You can see the totals by UserID here:
    upload_2017-2-28_22-50-41.png
    You can see the new icons (as well as a fully up to date list of ALL icons) here: https://turkerhub.com/pages/user-icons/

Hoping this persuades some folks to use the post ratings more accurately & in more situations :) The TL;DR is:

Most 'LOL' Received: @TurkedOut
    Most 'LOL' Given: @Hummingbirdee

Most 'Likes/Loves' Received: @RicanGuy86
    Most 'Likes/Loves' Given: @Alina

Most 'Useful/Informative' Received: @Randomacts

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2017
  2. TurkedOut

TurkedOut Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,450
    • LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. turk_it

turk_it Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +10,147
    Here have another LOL

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +11,423
    There was some sort of conflict between linking to Panda">@Bad Panda 's profile and the wiki page for panda in OP post. Thought of a way to fix it while I was cleaning, randomly. :lol:

edit: Aha, so it's for all mentions. I thought it might have been because it was inside a table. Looks like wiki synonyms and usernames don't play nice when they're both called at the same time.:emoji_thinking:

• Like Like x 2
  5. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    Where the f*&% am I ????

6. TurkedOut

TurkedOut Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,450
    [​IMG]

Thread Status: