[TODAY 12th of NOV] Guess the correlation and get up to $10

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Abdullah, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    GUESS THE CORRELATION GAME on Monday 12th of Nov at 1 PM ET.
    HIT Information:
    • Requester ID: AGEIRIHRRYV6P
    • HIT title: [Play immediately] Guess the correlation and get up to $10
    • Time: 12th of Nov (i.e., Monday) at 1PM.
    • Expected HIT length: less than 30 minutes.
    • Qualifications Required: HIT Approval Rate (%) for all Requesters' HITs greater than or equal to 95 , Number of HITs Approved greater than or equal to 500 , Location is US , study2_guess_the_correlation has not been granted
    • You have to do the HIT from a computer (laptop, desktop). Mobile devices are NOT supported.
    HIT expectations:
    • We will submit the HIT at 1 PM ET. You will need to catch the HIT to participate.
    • Each session will require 48 workers for the HIT to start.
    • Workers who join the HIT late (after all the games have started) will receive a message like this: "Sorry, all games are full." Those workers will be paid $0.1 for showing up, and they will also be able to participate in future sessions (will be announced later).
    • Workers who are unable to play because we did not have enough participants to start the game will be paid $2 base pay for their time, and they will also be able to participate in future sessions.
    • You are allowed to participate at most once (i.e., either today at 1 PM ET or one of the future sessions).
    If you plan to participate in our HIT, it is critical that you try to show up on time. If you use tools to auto-accept HITs, please also make sure that you will start playing immediately after you accept our HIT. Otherwise, you would delay the start of the game for other participants.

If you show up and not participate because the game is full or because there weren't enough people, we will pay you for your time, and you will still be able to participate in future sessions of the HIT.

If you would like to stop receiving notifications from us, please let me know and we will remove you from the list and you will still be able to participate in the HIT

• Like Like x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. BluAngel

BluAngel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Thank you for the notice. I will try to "catch it". My only feedback would be if you end up getting too many accepts and then people dropping the hit at 1pm then it may be in your best interest to first run a "interested" hit for a small monetary value to gather interest to the game. Then run a second hit with the actual game so that only those interested Turkers can be allowed in the game.

3. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    Thanks for the suggestion! we actually used to do that, but the same problem persists. Some Turkers would indicate their interest, then: 1) will not show up; or 2) auto-accept the HIT and never start the experiment on time. That's why we still submit more HITs than we need (i.e., when we need 48 participants simultaneously, we will submit 60 HITs). We are building a panel of Turkers IDs that took our HITs seriously, and only those will be qualified for our future HITs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  4. BluAngel

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Is it up? I don't see it. Is there a link?

5. jajeawar

jajeawar Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,412

I've had my panda on it since 12:30 no bites yet? So maybe they didn't post it yet?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    We submitted the HIT at 1pm sharp. All HITs already been accepted and all experiments with the 48 participants have started already.

7. BluAngel

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Well, I knew that wasn't going to work out for me. I had my panda set and ready long time ago when you made the post. This was a waste of time and effort for me but good luck to you anyways.

8. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    Sorry you weren't able to catch it this time. So far, we've been running pilots. the real experiment (i.e., 4 sessions a day, 12 sessions total, each with 48 turkers) will be announced later today and conducted throughout the week. Hopefully, you'll be able to participate in one of the future sessions!

9. jajeawar

jajeawar Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,412
    Sorry.

10. Belkor

Belkor New Turker

Ratings:
    +37
    Well I tried to catch one but these go quick. You've got a very popular HIT here. :emoji_relaxed:

• Love Love x 1
  11. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755
    Finally caught one this time. Thanks

• Love Love x 1
  12. NobodyImportant

NobodyImportant Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,698
    Does your panel of serious turkers include those that performed well in previous HIT's? :)

13. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    Yes, all people who did the room assignment or previous guess the correlation tasks!

• Like Like x 1