01/03 - Taco Friday!?

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Jan 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Because outdoor cats are liable to being run over, chased by dogs, shot by people who (rightfully) think cats are pests, and destroying the local ecosystem, one bird/small mammal at a time. Also.
    Screenshot_306.png

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  2. wynebrandi

wynebrandi New Turker

Ratings:
    +14
    Haha, that I do not know about. I switched to the crystal litter with my automatic cat box, but that was worse than regular cat litter. I have always used tidy cats litter. I heard someone on FB saying they used pellets, so I decided to try them out as well. Definitely worth the switch and better because there's less dust and you can use the rest for compost. Just not edible plants, obviously. lol

And I've been on here for a few weeks, but I just read all the posts while I'm waiting for work. It definitely seems like a fun crowd of people!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    upload_2020-1-4_0-12-33.png

we have a new frontrunner.. wtf even is this

• WOW WOW x 4
  4. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    Wat?

Not here they don't. Free range laws here. Cats can do wtf they want. Your neighbors might hate you but....they can't kill them nor can they haul them in if they KNOW it's your cat. Dat's illegal.

• WOW WOW x 1
  5. Random Jobber

Random Jobber No One Cared Who I Was Until I Put On The Bucket TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +9,593
    @Gerbilreaper can you please put the "WOW" emoji on her whenever you get the chance?

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    btw this isn't condoning killing outdoor cats, because that's awful, but just saying that they're pest animals.

7. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    I can't keep my cats in. Well, one is a stray who decided to let us take care of her. She never had a family before us and goes ape shit if she can't get out. Vet told me to just give up on keeping her in for her mental health.

And we kept Lucy in for five months after adopting her (she was also a street cat before us) and she went ape shit, too. Vet also said since I adopt older cats (on purpose) that sometimes they can't be retrained to be inside.

Both cats would literally kill us to make it out the door when we opened it to go outside. So we gived up, keep them vaccinated, and pray for the best.

8. wynebrandi

wynebrandi New Turker

Ratings:
    +14
    I use Pit Boss pellets. I bought the cat pellets that are actually in the litter section at Walmart to try it out first before buying a big bag of pellets. The Pit Boss are at Walmart for $20 for a 40lb bag. I have a Traeger grill and someone said they used those or Traeger pellets.

9. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    rats are pests.

Cats eat rats.

Not pests.

10. EssArrBee

EssArrBee Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +20,007
    My city gov't tried to do an indoor only law a while back and no one gave a shit. They just ended up making this feral cat program and started a catch & release program where they vaccinated and spay/neutered the cats. If you see one around the neighborhood with a clipped ear then it's from the program.

11. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    Cats wipe out bird and small animal populations and tend to not eat their kills. When left free and not maintained outdoor cats are a pest as any other. That's why it's so important to spay and neuter your cat especially if it goes outdoors.

12. NobodyImportant

NobodyImportant Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,698
    I had a few dogs that would go APE SHIT over beef liver, just the smell of it cooking and they would be bouncing off the walls. Meanwhile I'd be running outside gagging.

13. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Cats kill billions of birds worldwide/year. As well as small mammals that are helpful to the ecosystem in general. Cats are considered an invasive species in some areas, even, because they breed so fast and kill off native wildlife. Hence cats are pests.

I'm not a cat expert, so I can't really help you there, I just know it's best ( in most cases) to keep your cat safe and healthy indoors.

14. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    That all said, if I ever get up the guts to adopt kitties again, I will keep them inside. I just always end up with cats who have spent the first couple of years fending for themselves outside and never can convince the to stay inside (and have fallen flat on my ass more than once because the cat who wants out knocks me down when I'm trying to let myself out and I'm too old now to be falling down, so I'm not fighting the two demons I currently own who currently own me.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  15. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    I do not disagree, whenever possible, it's best. It's just not always possible depending on the cat psyche.

• Love Love x 2
  16. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    upload_2020-1-4_0-19-30.png

got some weird things going on here

• LOL LOL x 2
  17. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    [​IMG]

forget the cats I want to poop in the death star :(

• LOL LOL x 5
    • WOW WOW x 1
  18. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    Ah, yes. I was referencing maintained or tnr'd cats.

Yes. Wild cats are pests. Your friendly neighborhood vaccinated and fixed kitty is a pet.

I volunteer every year to pick up trapped feral cats and haul them into our shelter who fixes them then releases them back to the same place they were trapped to keep the populations from growing and keep new cats from moving in to that area.

Those are some wickedly scared cats. So friggin' sweet tho, even scared to death. I'll post pics next time we do this.

19. EssArrBee

EssArrBee Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +20,007
    I use one of those single burner outdoor cookers for the liver. First time I did it in the house and couldn't stand it. I have to do it in the front of the house or the dogs will go ape shit. They still do, but they are in the back where the damage is mitigated to shit they've already destroyed.

I used to do hamburger meat, but the price of beef has risen to the point that it's not worth it anymore. My vet told me to just use cheaper cuts as long as I drained off the fat.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    Wow. No way are any of my cats or pets getting a better pooping place than I have for myself. I'll upgrade my toilet before their's!

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.