1. With the changes to MTurk's payment systems I'm recommending people take a moment to consider securing their on-site banking information from userscripts. TVJS has already been updated to explicitly prevent it from accessing sensitive pages, but workers should strongly consider permanently blacklisting scripts from running on pages containing banking information.

    [Guide] Globally Blacklisting Scripts From Running on MTurk's Bank Account Management Pages will show you how.

    Dismiss Notice

01/10 - Finned Friday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Jan 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeaceNSushi

    PeaceNSushi Turker

    Messages:
    86
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +22
    Title: Add Metadata to video clips | PANDA
    Requester: Musicbed [A2X14MBUHKFBNH]
    TurkerView: [ $13.54 / hour ]
    Description: Watch the video clip and write a clip description, add tags, choose the correct categories that match the video, and sort the tags. Only prequalified workers can complete these clips. Also, for quality, around 1 in 5 clips will be sent for manual review the rest will be auto-approved so you can get paid quick. So pay attention and do your best! If you need help understanding any of the tasks, watch the tutorial video here:
    Duration: 1,440 Min
    Available: 122
    Reward: $0.54
    Qualifications:
    • FS-Approved Workers Exists
    [3HVLA9UQN492OSWENMED67AJ2GV6UZ]
     
  2. EinherjarV

    EinherjarV Active Turker

    Messages:
    352
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +341
    [​IMG]
     
  3. IcyTundra

    IcyTundra Well-Known Turker

    Messages:
    2,080
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +2,094
    Ours is the same. It only has super-high and very low heat. It's a finesse system we have with drying clothes. I hang a lot of stuff up :)
     
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. EinherjarV

    EinherjarV Active Turker

    Messages:
    352
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +341
    [​IMG]
     
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. Gront

    Gront Turker

    Messages:
    265
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +15
    Guy Voichek [A32I89VRCTGONF] Judgment and choices, potential bonus(~ 5 minutes) - $0.35 | PANDA


    Unrated

    <24 hours

    Unrated
    $8.13 / hour
    00:02:35 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [1289152932-191009] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;
    To read Guy Voichek's full profile check out TurkerView!
     
  6. Gront

    Gront Turker

    Messages:
    265
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +15
    Dengfeng Yan [A15MD2MJ2G4F0F] 2 min survey(~ 3 minutes) - $0.20 | PANDA


    Unrated

    <24 hours

    Unrated
    $8.89 / hour
    00:01:21 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

    Qualifications: Exc: [189886792-191003] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;
    To read Dengfeng Yan's full profile check out TurkerView!
     
  7. awdrf

    awdrf Well-Known Turker

    Messages:
    4,634
    Ratings:
    +4,821
    Guy Voichek [A32I89VRCTGONF] Judgment and choices, potential bonus(~ 5 minutes) - $0.35 $0.40 bonus | PANDA


    Good

    Unrated

    Unrated
    $12.86 / hour
    00:03:30 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    -If you don't receive the bonus, this isn't great.

    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [1289152932-191009] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;
    To read Guy Voichek's full profile check out TurkerView!
     
    • Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  8. SunlitSunflower

    SunlitSunflower Survey Slinger

    Messages:
    11,446
    Ratings:
    +11,777
  9. SunlitSunflower

    SunlitSunflower Survey Slinger

    Messages:
    11,446
    Ratings:
    +11,777
    SUCH A QUITE FRIDAY.
    Please, someone, shake this up.
     
  10. SunlitSunflower

    SunlitSunflower Survey Slinger

    Messages:
    11,446
    Ratings:
    +11,777
    Quiet. I can't even
     
    • LOL LOL x 1
  11. RicanGuy86

    RicanGuy86 Survey Slinger

    Messages:
    4,021
    Ratings:
    +7,756
    [​IMG]
     
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  12. IcyTundra

    IcyTundra Well-Known Turker

    Messages:
    2,080
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +2,094
    For Neil Peart... :(

     
  13. Lindazzz

    Lindazzz New Turker

    Messages:
    9
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, THEY should bring up a chair, not the customer.
     
  14. thefantasyicon

    thefantasyicon Active Turker

    Messages:
    290
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +258
    Dear MTurk Worker,
    Thank you for participating in our experiment.
    You got a total payment of $22.0, of which we already paid $0.50. Now we pay the remainder, $21.5.
    Below we explain you how this was done.
    It would be very important for us that you update your feedback in MTurk worker forums, as we value transparency of earning rules on MTurk.
    Thank you for participating.
    Have a great week!
    Best regards,
    The Research Team
    ****The bonus was computed by adding what you got from the main part of the experiment and the questionnaire.
    From the main part:
    You were randomly paired with another participant picked at random.
    Given the actions that you both chose, you got 40 action points.
    From your guess, you got 98.2 guess points.
    One of these was chosen randomly to determine your final points. In your case you got 98.2 final points.
    As explained, these points were converted to a lottery: earning you the bonus with 98.2% probability and $0 with 1.8% probability. The outcome of this lottery was randomly drawn using python code.
    Given you the stakes group you were sorted to, your potential bonus was of $20.
    The outcome of the lottery was 1 (1 = bonus, 0 = no bonus) which means you got $20 as bonus from the task itself.
    We rely on randomness due to its theoretical and empirical properties and this is the standard in our field of research.
    We already paid $0.50 of the $2 completion fee. We added the remaining $1.50 to the bonus, which we now pay.
    Adding all this, this makes up for the total you had above. Please contact us if there is any discrepancies.
    Your total payment was then $1.50 + $20, paid now as a bonus, + $0.50 already paid to you.
    Please contact us if there are any discrepancies.
    DG ECON was the requester!
     
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 3
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  15. IcyTundra

    IcyTundra Well-Known Turker

    Messages:
    2,080
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +2,094
    I hear ya. Have traveled with disabled cousin and when I broke my knee husband had to help me into "ADA" compliant hotel tubs - which were in no way ADA. One hotel put us on the second floor with no elevator and called it ADA. Sigh.
     
    • WOW WOW x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. thefantasyicon

    thefantasyicon Active Turker

    Messages:
    290
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +258
    @IcyTundra
    Tell me what you think of THIS one:
     
    • Love Love x 1
  17. afallstarxfall

    afallstarxfall Well-Known Turker

    Messages:
    2,920
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +261
  18. IcyTundra

    IcyTundra Well-Known Turker

    Messages:
    2,080
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +2,094
    Like it.... was on a Neil Peart kick tonight but yours reminded me of some Unprocessed we've been rocking...

     
  19. NBadger

    NBadger Mod of Cat Gifs

    Messages:
    14,209
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +39,290
    The template is lovely even though I’m cranky the button doesn’t match TV’s colors

    ...also is that the real email bc if so it needs a copy edit
     
    • LOL LOL x 1
  20. thefantasyicon

    thefantasyicon Active Turker

    Messages:
    290
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +258
    They had me(even though the drummer is ass) right up until the devil has possessed me part.
    Wasn't I talking to you about Neil Peart like 2 days ago when I posted a Rush video?
     
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.