01/10 - Mid-Winter Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by LumosDC, Jan 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. test ing

test ing Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,014
    Elizabeth Howlett [A3KV5BJ1V6DBH1] Consumer purchases of smartphones and tablets - $1.01 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.72 / hour
    00:06:14 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    No code

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 50; Location EqualTo US;

To read Elizabeth Howlett's full profile check out TurkerView!

2. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Prosocial Computing [A157CIQ2ZWBF0N] Answer a survey about your opinions on Covid-19 vaccines - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $15.32 / hour
    00:03:55 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 6 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 98;

To read Prosocial Computing's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. headcage

headcage Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,585
    I'm having surgery next Monday and they won't let me leave without a "responsible adult" to take me home but honestly I don't have anyone that can do that. They've already said no uber/lyft/taxis allowed and they will cancel my surgery if I can't find one. There are a few non-emergency medical transportation services here, but they are all closed on the 17th for MLK jr day. I honestly feel sick about this. I need to have the surgery done, and my availability transportation home is never going to change.

They also require a 24 hour pharmacy and even though I have plenty of CVS, Walgreens, grocrey stores, local pharmacies, etc all around me, the only 24 hour ones are 20 minutes outside of my way home, so that's an extra thing I have to figure out. I'm thinking of asking my supervisor at work, but I feel weird about it, and it's her day off, too. I will ask her if I can't come up with anything by Wednesday, but she't not the most personable person and I feel like she's already unhappy that I have to get a covid test and quarantine while we are already understaffed. Ideally they want someone there with me the entire time, but that's really not going to be possible, and so I also have the issue of what do I do with my phone and wallet while I'm in surgery? I've looked into care.com but I can't afford several hours and I wouldn't know exactly when I'd be ready to go home to schedule.

I don't have insurance and this is the first time I've ever dealt with surgery like this, and I feel like all of these hoops are making it near impossible, and really these aren't even issues that are no insurance issues. I can't be the only one who doesn't have someone to take me home? Even though it feels pretty humiliating to have to call people and ask about this and have them just say "figure it out." I also can't be the only one that doesn't live near a 24 hour pharmacy? Why doesn't the hospital have a 24 hour pharmacy? Why does it have to be 24 hours if my surgery is in the morning and I'll be home by the afternoon? This whole healthcare system is messed up. I guess if anyone has experience navigating any of this, I would appreciate it

• Love Love x 6
  4. Fearless Turtle

Fearless Turtle Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,401
    Does your hospital have a patient services/social worker department? That might be an option.. What about a rehab facility or nursing home? Not to go there, but to see if they have those services, there are a whole system of buses around my town that cart people around to medical that work with those two groups. Or a group - church, PTA if you have kids, neighborhood group, book club, local turker?

• Love Love x 4
  5. Fearless Turtle

Fearless Turtle Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,401

Also to get around the 24 hour pharmacy, would they be willing to give you the script a head of time and you can just show proof you have it filled?

• Love Love x 3
  6. Calyrica

Calyrica Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,422
    Telometrics Lab [A30WOBBUUQQIYO] How easy could someone fake these questions?(~ 30 minutes) - $2.00 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $12.04 / hour
    00:09:58 / completion time
    Pros:
    Mentions a bonus
    Cons:
    Lottery style bonus. The survey didn't mention at all how to get it.

Qualifications: Exc: [334799-334210] DoesNotExist ; TP Panel: -883603763 N >= 100; Total approved HITs >= 50; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Telometrics Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

7. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    ill shoot you a PM momentarily, i had an issue similar to this about a year and a half ago right after a quickly hastened move out of state from where i used to live

yes and no, prob is if complications come up after hours, you need to get a script filled. this is a major issue here where i am too, cause the only 24hr place *IS* the hospital and even then its like pulling teeth when i had to get a script run after hours. it took almost 2 hours in the ER waiting JUST for a trans-dermal shot script to be run and brought to me.

• Love Love x 2
  8. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,553
    Chase [A3JLNYODYWW5HZ] A Short Survey of Definitional Correspondence(~ 15 minutes) - $2.00 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $13.48 / hour
    00:08:54 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Expiring Soon (HIT Last Seen: 22 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [1188054246-339773] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 50; HIT approval rate (%) >= 80; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Chase's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. Surferdude

Surferdude Turker

Ratings:
    +28
    A [A30EB4BLJ6O6LR] Compare 2 options, explain your choice? - $0.11 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $1.79 / hour
    00:03:41 / completion time
    Rejected 1/1 HITs!
    Requester Feedback:
    Pros:
    similar to pickfu and easy
    Cons:
    The requester rejected my third it with them. I have completed over 1750 hits with a similar requester, pickfu, with no rejections and over 50,000 mturk hits. This requester did not even respond to my email. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Catchability: Impossible (HIT Last Seen: 31 hours ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 800; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; Location EqualTo US;

To read A's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 6
  10. Moridin

Moridin Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,904
    Richard Arend [A6DRVOWHBNNUK] Survey about Deciding when Uncertain - $7.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $48.74 / hour
    00:09:14 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 5 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Location In CA, GB, US; HIT approval rate (%) > 97; Total approved HITs > 5000; Completed my survey already DoesNotExist ;

To read Richard Arend's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  11. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,553
    The F Laboratory [A7GI4MUAC5KI] Scenario Survey ($0.50 for 5 mins.)(~ 5 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $23.08 / hour
    00:01:18 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Exc: [10697224-339794] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

To read The F Laboratory's full profile check out TurkerView!

12. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    The F Laboratory [A7GI4MUAC5KI] Scenario Survey ($0.50 for 5 mins.)(~ 5 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $26.09 / hour
    00:01:09 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Exc: [10697224-339794] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

13. OldBoy65

OldBoy65 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +916

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $15.00 / hour
    00:02:00 / completion time
    Pros:
    no writing, easy
    generous
    paid instantly
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 5 seconds ago)

14. BloominMeg

BloominMeg Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,390
    Aaron Bornstein [A3GVHH5JG068XG] Space Mining task - $6.00 $2.00 bonus | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $11.26 / hour
    00:42:38 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    long
    mind-numbing

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 62 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; Location EqualTo US;

To read Aaron Bornstein's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 3
  15. headcage

Ratings:
    +2,585
    I did talk to the patient advocates and really the main issue is that MLK jr day is a day off for basically everyone in my state. I don't exactly know why they even scheduled the surgery that day other than I need it very soon and maybe that's the only time they had besides actual weekends. I work at a mental health center and we use those medical transport systems you see all the time, but literally none of them are running on the 17th. I'm not part of any of the things you mentioned, but we do have a church down the street and we actually use it at work for events sometimes, so it might be worth talking to them too

That's definitely something I can ask. All of the staff in the surgeons office have been really nice, so I feel like they will try to make things easy for me if they can. Another thing I thought of was like if I use Walgreens, can I ask them to send it to the Walgreens near me during the day and give them the 24 hour Walgreens number if I need something during other hours? I will ask about that too. The two 24 hour pharmacies here are CVS and Walgreens, it's just that it's only one location each and they are both close to each other in one area of town. Thank you a lot for your messages and ideas

• Love Love x 2
  16. frickbag

frickbag Active Turker

Ratings:
    +30

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $26.47 / hour
    00:01:08 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 56 seconds ago)

17. headcage

Ratings:
    +2,585
    Thank you so much!

• Love Love x 3
  18. Calyrica

Calyrica Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,422
    Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Algebra Experiments for work related to 3PZDSVZ3J5Y7Z2294QB6UQDBUGGN4I.
    The value of your bonus is: $2.38 USD

The Requester included this note:
    Here is your performance bonus. Thanks for participating!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 7
  19. Calyrica

Calyrica Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,422
    Clara Lab [A12KOAGBBCULG5] (POTENTIAL BONUS) Answer an interactive survey about choices!(~ 4 minutes) - $0.52 $9.30 bonus | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $157.82 / hour
    00:03:44 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Not clear if everyone gets a bonus, since it says "potential bonus".
    Would have gotten more if my partner was competent... they got $13.50 because I was nice.

Qualifications: Exc: [340375-339786] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Clara Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

20. seewee7

seewee7 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,240
    I'm sorry I can't help with the experience part, but have you thought about contacting UT? Perhaps someone in nursing major would be willing to help, or they might give some type of practicum hours for it. Hospital management majors possible as well. Are you connected with a church in the area? Sometimes they can help as well. If you are not, I would find the biggest church in the area and explain your needs. Someone may have expertise in the insurance part of this to guide you, while someone else may be willing to give you a ride to/from places. I am so sorry you are dealing with this.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.