01/14 - M Madness Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ThisPoorGuy, Jan 14, 2019.

?

Mayo vs Miracle Whip vs Marmite. GO.

1. Mayonnaise

98 vote(s)
    68.1%
  2. Miracle Whip

31 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. Marmite

15 vote(s)
    10.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    upload_2019-1-14_0-25-38.png

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  2. AfterDarkMark

AfterDarkMark Turker

Ratings:
    +118
    New Requester Profile!

CIIR Mechanical Turk [AEIS1XBEG8X4L] Choosing the quality score for an answer in response to a question. - $0.07 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $2.80 / hour
    00:01:30 / completion time
    Pros:
    None really. Interesting I guess. If they paid better they would be worth it.
    Cons:
    Reading full instructions takes forever. Kind of wanted to test the water though, since it's late and have seen these a couple of times.

First, there is a coding issue or something that makes some undoable right now or unsubmittable at least with the right answers, so beware (sometimes certain bubbles being selected will not allow you do go to the next task - there are four tasks per hit. Seems to be kind of random as I was testing this defect/ error or whatnot and sometimes the bubble corresponds to the right answer or is one off the right answer that makes it not advance, and sometimes it's the opposite bubbles).

That being said, these are really underpaid. 1:30 per is an estimate of an average time if you were cruising. Might be able to do a little faster skimming, but even at a minute or a bit more, they are underpaid. If there weren't four tasks per hit, these would be great, Kind of depends on the length of the responses that you get also as some are brief, others are lengthy paragraphs or more.

I did a few just to see if they are approved. But even when I did one in a minute, seemed to be one later that would go towards 2 minutes, so IDK. If approvals are almost guaranteed, then I guess I could skim and do them in 45 seconds to a minute on average, but really don't like taking that chance on a new batch.

Might be alright filler hits, but honestly pay like this is just really shitty and I hope workers stay away as much as possible until this guy comes up on wages. It does happen. As I try to say here and there, wages do move sometimes if requesters aren't getting what they need quickly enough, so we actually do have some power..

Qualifications: nfl6 bikhod workers DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) > 90; Total approved HITs > 5000; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1;
    To read CIIR Mechanical Turk's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 2
  3. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Look at that 30 pointer in the wild.

• WOW WOW x 1
  4. HardWorkingTurker

HardWorkingTurker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,932
    I need tea. BRB

• WOW WOW x 1
  5. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  6. ObsidianSage

ObsidianSage Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,154
    Good morning/night. Insomnia has its grips on me ugh

• Love Love x 1
  7. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
  8. HardWorkingTurker

Ratings:
    +4,932

9. hvnnvr

hvnnvr Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,132
    :emoji_tired_face:

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
    UNIST research Lab [A33DF2RIN4AVGZ] Create 2D gestures for unlocking a mobile device (must be completed on a mobile device) ( $1.00 + $0.50 bonus) - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $27.48 / hour
    00:02:11 / completion time
    Pros:
    Easy to complete, very short
    Cons:
    Lots of blacklisted patterns, may take a minute to get one to be accepted.

Qualifications: overall DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US; lexicalPolicy DoesNotExist ;
    To read UNIST research Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

11. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  12. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    upload_2019-1-14_3-48-41.png

rude

• LOL LOL x 2
  13. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    CIIR Mechanical Turk [AEIS1XBEG8X4L] Choosing the quality score for an answer in response to a question. - $0.07 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $5.60 / hour
    00:00:45 / completion time
    Pros:
    Its a University affiliated project, so most likely safe.

Incredibly detailed quals (Location, approved minimum, approval %, and a bad worker disqual) suggests the requester knows what they're doing on the platform & definitely gives a good indication these are "safe" HITs to do since they intend to disqualify workers who do a poor job instead of rejecting/blocking them. That's a huge plus.

The task is formatted nicely enough, though it could use some improvements. Simply zooming out fixes a lot of the issues w/ the task being too big for the screen.

Instructions are daunting, but incredibly detailed. Once internalized they don't really require going back to reference, the tasks are mostly making judgements on English Q&A sessions so there is plenty of room for nuance & your own decision making IMO. Again, the Requester seems ready for that & has set up the task so they can simply disqualify anyone who doesn't align w/ their expected answer ranges so no reason not to give it a shot.
    Cons:
    The hourly is, frankly, crap. With a script these would be in the min-wage area but they require high levels of English proficiency and then you have to parse out what is often insane internet speak for some of the questions.

Even then, the workload is very high and its annoying that the Requester has shoved 4 tasks into one HIT. Honestly if they cut it down to 3 these would probably be a fair filler batch, though I realistically think it should be 2 at this price.

Honestly, the requester is most likely paying poorly because a portion of the budget will be tossed into a fire pit to screen out bad workers so this should hopefully move to a closed qualification if its an ongoing project & the reward could be fixed by eliminating waste.

Qualifications: nfl6 bikhod workers DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) > 90; Total approved HITs > 5000; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1;
    To read CIIR Mechanical Turk's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 2
  14. hvnnvr

hvnnvr Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,132
    @HardWorkingTurker ~2:18 That progression line in the wrong setting will make me want to do bad things...

:emoji_zipper_mouth:

15. A6_Foul_Out

A6_Foul_Out Organic Meme Panda TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +23,954
    • LOL LOL x 1
  16. HardWorkingTurker

Ratings:
    +4,932
    You don't like it?

:emoji_smiling_imp:
    Baaaad you say?

17. hvnnvr

hvnnvr Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,132

:emoji_rolling_eyes:

Eh just override the review length restriction. Slam into the DB to get all your points what's the worst that can happen? We used to have default maxlength until someone made it so we can't have nice things.

• LOL LOL x 3
  18. hvnnvr

hvnnvr Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,132
    :emoji_wink:

19. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
    Now you got me into a techno/deep house mood.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    It was actually a bug, if anything was in the requester advice field on the new TVJS it would reject it for being "too long" even if it was only 1 character lmao

• WOW WOW x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.