01/27 - Screaming Saturday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by skittles, Jan 27, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. classy meme

classy meme Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,260
    What a day to have ears.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,321
    dinner was clam chowder. also TIL this from google results -

Chowder vs. Soup: What's the Difference? While soups can be thin and light, a chowder is characterized by being rich and thick. Like stew, it contains large chunks of meat or seafood and vegetables, notably potatoes.Feb 5, 2021

difference between chowder and stew - Chowder. A chowder is typically chunky, filled with ingredients like potatoes, carrots and seafood in a thick liquid. The ingredients are often chopped into smaller pieces than you'd get with a stew. The word comes from the French word for cauldron (chaudron), which is the vessel fishermen used to cook their soup in.Dec 3, 2021

---------------

but a cooking website contradicted all that with this -

The difference between chowder, soup, and stew is that chowder is a soup made with broth that is thickened with flour and cream, with seafood and/or vegetables mixed in. Soup is made with water or broth and can host a variety of ingredients like pasta, vegetables, fruits, grains, meats or seafood. Stew is for cooking cuts of raw meat and vegetables that are sprinkled with flour and sautéed first before being covered with broth and slowly cooked to thicken the broth and tenderize the meat.

The difference comes down to the base liquids that chowder, soup, and stew are made from and how those are manipulated to create different textures and flavors best suited for their featured ingredients.

---------------------------

so I still don't know but oh well :lol:

I might be back later but I'm taking a nap bye!

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 2
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
  3. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,724
    I like cooking with corn starch more than flour. it's easier, you use less and can't taste it.

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  4. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,724
    well, except for biscuits and gravy. flour is a must in sausage gravy because it's the other half of the flavor.

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  5. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,438
    1 hour left for dibs!
    if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

6. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,438
Thread Status: