02/08 - Wow It's Wednesday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by gurlondrums, Feb 8, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bianca B

Bianca B New Turker

Ratings:
    +11
    If this is the case, there is no reason to leave that out of the email they sent. Simply saying give us your social security number because the EU wants it doesn't clarify anything.

• Like Like x 2
  2. lapetitebaker

lapetitebaker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Ji Sok Choi [A25XYT6EMPKWP8] Read a scenario and answer a few questionnaires ($1.2 for 8~10 min)(~ 9 minutes) - $1.20 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.23 / hour
    00:03:57 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Total approved HITs <= 50000; rhsnlk98 >= 100; Exc: [-1721761548-404287] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;

To read Ji Sok Choi's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. AJV

AJV Active Turker

Ratings:
    +428
    What if we dont have to give out SS I am looking at the form and when I check off "I don't have a Tax Identification Number" the areas above it when it asks for TIN or SS get greyed out and look optional? Under that the "City of Birth" is highlighted in red saying required and all the info after that looks like is required too.

4. Tawalu

Tawalu Turker

Ratings:
    +232
    Fun Behavioral Pollster [A1QR9OJZTV7MZJ] Short Survey about Firms(~ 2 minutes) - $0.35 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $20.00 / hour
    00:01:03 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Exc: [850465184-404266] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 >= 100; Total approved HITs >= 50; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;

To read Fun Behavioral Pollster's full profile check out TurkerView!

5. lapetitebaker

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Melissa McDonald [A3MAL0XMARTX8E] Protest Attitudes(~ 30 minutes) - $2.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $25.64 / hour
    00:05:51 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 5 hours ago)
    Qualifications: rhsnlk98 >= 100; TP Panel: -727007145 1 N >= 100; Location In US;

To read Melissa McDonald's full profile check out TurkerView!

6. AJV

AJV Active Turker

Ratings:
    +428
    I think TIN is the same as SS in US. So we all have a TIN if we have SS? Like everyone else, I don't want foreign countries having SS , it's bad enough having to give it out to places in the US. Amazon itself definitely has my SS because I got the 1099 from them like 2 weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  7. johnxyz

johnxyz Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +1,674
    MUSC Foot and Ankle Research [A10L19LOB0TY2Z] Conjoint Analysis of TAA vs AA Costs - $1.50 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $19.49 / hour
    00:04:37 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Comprehension checks

Catchability: Terrible (HIT Last Seen: 2 hours ago)
    Qualifications:

To read MUSC Foot and Ankle Research's full profile check out TurkerView!

8. AJV

AJV Active Turker

Ratings:
    +428
    DAC7 eligibility

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. johnxyz

Ratings:
    +1,674
    Cognition, Values, Behavior [A38TZ68J8UWBH7] Cues of trust in science(~ 3 minutes) - $0.60 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $24.00 / hour
    00:01:30 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Expiring Soon (HIT Last Seen: 45 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: rhsnlk98 >= 100; Exc: [401714908-404284] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

To read Cognition, Values, Behavior's full profile check out TurkerView!

10. johnxyz

Ratings:
    +1,674
    Altsuss [A1ATES40ZPE477] Academic Research(~ 15 minutes) - $3.00 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $20.85 / hour
    00:08:38 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Comprehension questions
    Brief writing

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 47 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [-493321352-404190] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;

To read Altsuss's full profile check out TurkerView!

11. lapetitebaker

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Cognition, Values, Behavior [A38TZ68J8UWBH7] Cues of trust in science(~ 3 minutes) - $0.60 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $22.98 / hour
    00:01:34 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 7 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [-431335455-404285] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Cognition, Values, Behavior's full profile check out TurkerView!

12. carrie35

carrie35 Turker

Ratings:
    +23
    folks, i got tired of beating around the amazon bush for the correct info on this. i contacted my congress critters for help explaining all of this. might not hurt for others to do the same. seems amazon is setting itself up as a taxing agent for the EU. let's get to the bottom of this and get some answers.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Trucker

Trucker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,406
    Night All.

[​IMG]

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 3
  14. cldk1776

cldk1776 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,091
    On the DAC7 I didn't enter my SS# because it appeared optional the way I read it. I still received a "Valid" message after submitting it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. sunny

sunny Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    it's definitely not mturk/amazon. they definitely don't want to deal with any of this crap. yellen agreed to some shady data sharing agreement w/the eu around march 2021, which was when they secretly snuck in the drastically lowered de minimis payment threshold of $600. basically, this is something that none of these platforms (airbnb, etc.) want to do.

16. sunny

sunny Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    congress could put a kibosh on this nonsense since this stupidity was unilaterally agreed to by yellen in march 2021, which is around the time they snuck in the drastic reduction of the de minimis payment threshold from 20k to 600. but amazon and other platforms like airbnb def don't want to be in this position. the eu is holding a gun to their heads and they have free reign for the time being. since the executive branch agrees with the goals of the eu's global tax regime, they signed off on a data sharing agreement with the eu, so you're right to contact your congress ppl since congress is the only entity that could halt this crap.

17. sunny

sunny Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    upload_2023-2-8_23-14-33.png

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegD...peenne/swd/2022/0226/COM_SWD(2022)0226_EN.pdf

'oecd agreements' = data sharing agreements made with oecd member countries, such as the us. notably, i don't think canada agreed to this as they are not listed in the country dropdown menu. the treasury secretary is the de facto representative for the us in the oecd.

18. revmelber

revmelber Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] Listen to a hiphop-rap song and answer a survey about it. - $0.13 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.00 / hour
    00:00:52 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Likes Hip Hop / Rap / R&amp;B >= 1; Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95;

To read AudioKite's full profile check out TurkerView!

19. SamAnt

SamAnt Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +12,925
    Most likely it's a different department, it would be like the DMV asking the Property Tax office for the number of bed/baths your residence has. They would get the information eventually but it would probably take forever and after lots of red tape. It's simply faster to ask us.

It's probably meant to be extremely broad to prevent people for lying about it. We already know there are tons of people on Mturk SAYING they are in the U.S. but aren't. The SSN is merely the fastest way to verify and not saying what they want it for brings down the chances that people will lie about it.

Think about it like a screening question. If a survey asks "Do you have 2 children?", it's indicating that's the demographic that it's looking for and people will SAY they have 2 when they don't just to do the survey. If the survey asks "How many children do you have?", people are more likely to tell the truth since they don't know what is being specifically looked for.

20. sunny

sunny Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    lol you're right. as per the eu law, they have to gather this information, even if they already have it. then they have to validate/verify it. the eu law originally required BANK ACCT NUMBERS for everyone, but now only eu residents are subject to that requirement, i think, at least for the time being.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.