02/16 - Thirsty Thursday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    masters hits have gotten crappier anyways, and some of the really good masters requesters are gone, the older master workers said that from 2012 til 2015 was the best time to have masters, they made way more money.

2. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +11,423
    moar liek @Randomnaps amirite gaiz

:emoji_sweat: ... k, off for some food, Always Sunny and vidya. :emoji_v:

• LOL LOL x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  3. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    :vampire:

• Love Love x 1
  4. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    goodnight Flank Hardgroin

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Ten

Ten Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,149
    So this is the first year I'll be using Mturk to pay for a semester of community college. Should be interesting to have an actual goal for the money other than take-out, booze, and video games.

• Like Like x 3
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  6. Fullofbooks

Fullofbooks Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,221
  7. Ten

Ten Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,149
    It will run most games. You might need to get a graphics card because some games run choppy or not at all if you use onboard graphics, though I would suggest you make your own PC if you have the know-how because it will save you money.

8. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    That desktop she linked already has a pretty good video card in it AMD RX 480 4GB

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fullofbooks

Ratings:
    +1,221
    I have NO idea how. haha. I would def be willing to look up and replace the graphics card. I didnt even know for sure if everything was upgradeable because I have so little desktop experience. I was hoping this would get me some know-how from upgrades and such. But i dont need to play the absolute newest games at max settings.

10. Klitch

Klitch Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,135
    My roommate recently got one that looks JUST like this. Should work great for a ton of games

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fullofbooks

Ratings:
    +1,221
    Alright. I think I will make that my goal. Can get it and a super sweet curved monitor for 1k. I was planning to spend over $600 on a laptop and it just seems silly. I keep having to replace them and miss playing games. :D

12. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    That desktop is actually quite good for the price, so much so I'm surprised for a pre built. Building a desktop is like legos for adults, but you couldn't go wrong with that choice you linked, really

• Like Like x 1
  13. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    IMO Masters is :emoji_poop: on a stick other than the captcha thing

14. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    The only issue might be the build quality and party quality of the stuff inside of it ect.

It is marginally cheaper then what you would pay to build it yourself most likely though. The i5 6400 + rx 480 should be enough for most games.. You might need to pick up more ram and slot it in though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fullofbooks

Ratings:
    +1,221
    Thanks so much. I tried to compare, look at lists, and read reviews. I am going to go with this one then. :D Exciting. Already 50% to getting it and the monitor. *eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Duly noted. Thanks. I kinda planned on having to update RAM. :) Just wanted to make sure it wasnt terrible because I have no idea what to look for exactly.

16. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    As @Randomacts touched on above, the only issue you might run into is like a shit power supply or something, but that's easy and cheap to replace if it goes belly up

17. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Yeah personally I would still build it myself but this isn't awful.

The stock rx480 cooler is 'okay'.. I think my only real worry would be the power supply but you should be fine with the current parts on that power supply.

Assuming they didn't put something cheap enough that it kills the whole system when it dies lol.. but if that was the case it would have awful reviews on amazon.

(On a side note this PC is only marginally more powerful then my 6 year old build with my i5 2500k @4.8ghz that I recently added a rx 480 4gb to as well)

18. Fullofbooks

Ratings:
    +1,221
    I think I did dig up a few reviews about power supply. I dunno what would be a "better" one but honestly would rather just go right in with a really good one. I don't often spent $1000 on stuff so if I buy this pc and monitor I want it to not crap out. O_O haha

19. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    I think since i don't know fk all about all that puter stuff when i am ready to order a new one I'll toss a pizza gc or a hit up for TH to find me a PC haha

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  20. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    Me and my knowledge "Does it turn on.. check Does Turk open...check good to go buy this one"

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.