03/04 - Thundering Into Thursday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Mar 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalledPillow

WalledPillow Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,634
    I'll add it to my list then :). Have a good night!

2. WalledPillow

WalledPillow Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,634
    Cool jam!

Lol! You and your dog seem pretty cool to me!

• Love Love x 1
  3. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Thanks!

Not my dog, but we had a few goldens so usually use them as my avatars. Our last one was 17 when we lost him - and we haven't been able to get another dog yet. Someday soon though. Just need a bigger yard!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    I love goldens. They are so sweet and loyal.

• Love Love x 1
  5. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    I've had three that lived to ripe old ages and they were the best. Great around kids, loving, would bring you a ball back all day long and jump in any puddle or water :)

• Love Love x 1
  6. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    I've never owned one myself, but I want to. My Aunt had one when I was growing up. She lived out in the country, and I would spend my summers out there with her and the dog. Fishing, hunting, exploring the woods, etc. That dog was my best friend and always by my side when I was there to visit. The dog passed while I was in school and not there to visit. I'm glad it happened that way. I don't think little me could have taken that event in person.

• Love Love x 2
  7. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Our golden loved the woods (so many sticks!) and puddles and fishing - jumping into pretty much any water. I'm glad you got to have one as a friend growing up. What was their name? Our last one was Mochi. He was the best. Loved tennis balls, sticks, water, running through brambles and just being there next to you at ALL times. We still miss him every day and it's been a number of years.

8. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    Her name was Bree. I named her when I was a young kid. Still in elementary school. I had to be very careful fishing because she would jump in the water after my cast of the reel, and the poor thing got a treble hook lure a time or two in her lip. Ditto on loving the woods/sticks/balls. I would have to pick burs out of her fur all the time because she'd go all rambo in the woods.

• Love Love x 1
  9. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Oh jeez - yeah we would constantly have to watch Mochi - or he would take off down the dock and jump in. Same with fishing. And burrs - omg - so many burrs. We spent so much time picking burrs out of his feathers. He would just CRASH through brambles too and we would be like - no! Didn't matter what was in the way - if he saw a stick or a ball - it was all over - he'd just go for it. lol

He used to sit at the top of our steps with a ball and drop it down the steps, then run down the steps, grab the ball and do it over and over again. I can't tell you how many times I woke up to thunk, thunk thunk thunk thunk, patter patter patter of feet and then thunk thunk thunk again. We tried to take all the balls and put them up at night but he seemed to find them or have some stashed away lol

10. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    Def not a lazy dog. They are high energy. Made a great partner for a young boy. I've always wanted to get one myself since she passed. She died of congestive heart failure at like 8 or 9 years old. She only lived half of her life, but hopefully didn't suffer too much in the end. My Aunt had her put down while I was not there. There was nothing that could be done for her, and nobody wanted her to suffer.

• Love Love x 1
  11. Spilota

Spilota Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,543
    Random question, where did you get the name Mochi from?

12. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Yeah, we have friends that had a young Golden (6 or 7) that died recently and they were heartbroken. It was sudden with no warning. I'm glad your Aunt could be there with her and that you had such an awesome buddy as a kid.

Not going to lie though, you have to be ready to throw a tennis ball.... a LOT <3

• LOL LOL x 1
  13. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    A puffed rice food we used to make and loved :)

Weirdly enough, when we moved to Maine we met two other people with dogs named Mochi. It was so random!

Also I think Ekks has a bunny named Mochi too! We didn't realize it but I guess it's a popular name!

• Like Like x 1
  14. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Spilota

Spilota Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,543
    PSA: As of 30 minutes ago it is Friday lol

• LOL LOL x 2
  16. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Do you know it? The food?

17. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
  18. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    The thread isn't locked!!!! This is chaos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LOL LOL x 1
  19. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    It's okay - if night folks are still chatting about something - the mods aren't going to lock it. But we can switch over to the new thread :)

20. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    I have both open in tabs. I'll switch over.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.