03/16 - Mighty Duck Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ThisPoorGuy, Mar 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,114
    Title: headphones | Accept
    Requester: andrew meyer [A27MITQOTS1AQW] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$20.77] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=4.79] [Fast=4.74] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=58] [ToS=1]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 0.10
    Duration: 30:00
    Available: 1
    Description: Searching for a bonus
    Qualifications: bonussearch DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
    HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.13

1 min, supposedly has bonus, has nothing to do with headphones

• Love Love x 2
  2. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    Also, one good thing today with all of this.

we hired a new employee not even three weeks ago. Then all this happens. So far she seems really good. Above average good. When she got back from lunch today and I told her about our plans to close I could see the look in her eyes...the fear of no income.

I told her that for the next two weeks our business will cover her wages for the days we aren't open, and to be careful with her money, and to look into what emergency options they have for unemployment payments if her hours and wages are cut, so that if we HAVE to not pay her full time wages after two weeks due to lost revenue she is prepared.

She almost cried. Said she can't believe after such a short time we're paying her to not be at work.

But what else are we supposed to do? We can't do it forever, but at least for two weeks we can cover the wages, and then maybe only pay half time if we have to keep limiting hours in the office so it's not too brutal.

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Buntastic

Buntastic Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +23,740
    Yep. He was deemed presumptive and tested. Was told to quarantine. He went to church and sang in the choir.

• WOW WOW x 3
  4. Mica

Mica Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,133
    Cheetos are totes nostalgic my caregiver would walk down to the gas station for supplies always come back with m&ms and cheetos. We'd have to wait until he took of his jacket, hang it up and loot it for goodies. The things you remember!

• Love Love x 2
  5. rater9

rater9 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,920
    That is creepy! I thought you meant something like you lived in Washington state. Everything in Washington is on lockdown except grocery stores and a few drive-through type shops. Anything besides the coffee shops and drive-through restaurants like McDonald's or Jack-in-the-Box only. No dining in of any sort, all universities, private and public schools, all nursery schools are closed including daycare centers. Almost every company that I know of is now having their employees take laptops home and work from home for at least 2 to 6 weeks I heard on a news report earlier today that if you live in the state of washing your presumed to have been exposed or are positive for COVID-19 and that everyone should be self quarantined and/or isolated to one room of their home so that others in their home are not exposed. My caregivers are taking extra precautions and I am now allowed only three to come in or out of my home. No substitutes are allowed for any cause for my protection as well as the protection of other clients. I even had to cancel my doctors' appointment for this week so that I didn't catch something on the public shuttle getting to and from the doctor, let alone while I was at the doctor. We are in desperate need of hand sanitizer and unable to find any. That guy in Kentucky needs to go to jail for what he did. It doesn't matter that he is now donating his stash of 18,000 (?) bottles of hand sanitizer.

• Love Love x 2
  6. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    At least THAT makes sense. This was just senseless ash hole behavior and I wasn’t amused. People just leaving carts next to their cars and driving off.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tracy Wethington

Tracy Wethington The Bone Crusher

Ratings:
    +22,085
    [​IMG]

8. THFYM

THFYM Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +23,050
    Little shit, bet he didn't even sound good. Nobody wants to listen to a dude with a respiratory virus.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • WOW WOW x 1
  9. Tracy Wethington

Tracy Wethington The Bone Crusher

Ratings:
    +22,085
    I'm supposed to have one of my first procedures done at the end of this month and then surgery next month. I really hope that doesn't get cancelled. :( At this point...I think I'd rather take my chances.

10. Mica

Mica Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,133
    Since I've been schooling my daugher my earnings today is 2.77. Worth it, but man! is everyday gonna look like this (the answer is yes)

11. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    There's a bill that will (hopefully) be passed to pay every American adult $1,000 while everything's on lockdown and potentially another $1000 next month if it's necessary.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Buntastic

Buntastic Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +23,740
    Nope, Georgia. In the last 3 days we've gone from 60 to 120 positive cases. Hospital across the street is waiting for results on 23 more. Doesn't count people like me that arent "bad enough" to test.

13. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,114
    Title: Answer a survey about a new product | Accept
    Requester: Lukas Maier [ANXJL26II00CQ] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$13.29] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 0.60
    Duration: 50:00
    Description: Please help us with your opinion about the presented product (duration approx. 2 minutes, external link)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
    HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.13

1:25

• Love Love x 1
  14. Mica

Mica Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,133
    I am wondering if my daughters childcare will be expecting pay, since we are contracted in. But thats like 1100 a month here, its normal for these parts, but I am hoping they at least wave some of it. I wouldn't mind paying some to keep the teachers going, but a full amount would just be brutal

15. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    My state's only at 39 cases, but they're also turning people away for testing despite showing symptoms and it's actually kind of frustrating, but apparently we don't have that many tests either.

16. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    I do know that they are easing unemployment restrictions and waiting period (like no one week without pay) and everyone who has to quarantine due to the virus (if they have it or are exposed) can get disability. So that is SOMETHING.

Everyone will just have to be super careful with money for a little bit to get through this.

17. THFYM

THFYM Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +23,050

• LOL LOL x 1
  18. Mica

Mica Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,133

I think IL is up to 105. Wisconsin is at 47 up from 19 over the weekend.

19. afallstarxfall

afallstarxfall Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +878
    Title: Install a chrome extension for 4 days ($1 bonus per each day installed) to measure your work performance. | PANDA
    Requester: HCI Lab [A28S2SRZA50N0]
    TurkerView: [ $17.57 / hour ]
    Description: Install a chrome extension that will help you to keep track of how you spend time on MTurk (potentially helping you to avoid unpaid labor on MTurk).. You are asked to install the chrome extension to track how you are spending your time on the platform.
    Duration: 120 Min
    Reward: $2.00
    Qualifications:
    • CrowdCoach Exists
    • GigOverhead Setup Diagnostic DoesNotExist
    [3XIE13O7VB4PEFF4ADI2U28NYZNLXV]

20. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    @ChrisTurk