03/23 - Time For A Break Tuesday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Mar 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coffeeowl

coffeeowl I am the coffeeowl that says HOOT in the night

Ratings:
    +10,064
    Yale Cognition & Development Lab [A1B2ILT2409W4R] Psychology Study(~ 7 minutes) - $1.05 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $8.61 / hour
    00:07:19 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    underpaid. three videos. two short writing prompts.

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 18 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [-2072221390-283581] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 1000; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Yale Cognition & Development Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  2. test ing

test ing Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,014
    The 0% is always amazing to see. There should be some red flags triggered to put those requesters in immediate review.
    The odds of all work being unacceptable is probably less than a finding needle in a haystack, especially when the qual is that the approval rate of the workers is > 98%.
    I wouldn't mind if their data set included sources like "References: 3000 people scammed on mturk for my free data" :emoji_joy:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,139
    Ma Study [A1075SN9WRZR1R] [20 Minute Test] Video Quality Test 4 - $3.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $15.17 / hour
    00:11:52 / completion time
    Pros:
    Rate 28 videos.
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 1; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; Location EqualTo US;

To read Ma Study's full profile check out TurkerView!

4. rynron

rynron Turker

Ratings:
    +42
    Mary Steffel [A1CDMO0BD2YC8O] Judgments & Decisions Survey(~ 5 minutes) - $0.60 | PANDA

Unrated

<24 hours

Unrated
    $19.82 / hour
    00:01:49 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Brief, pays very well, approved almost immediately.
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 35 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [8897255-283564] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 50; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Mary Steffel's full profile check out TurkerView!

5. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 7
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
  6. coffeeowl

Ratings:
    +10,064
    siyu lu [A3U53LT06H4EUJ] How do you think about a person who reports self-made error or not(~ 10 minutes) - $1.00 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.37 / hour
    00:03:16 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 4 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [2041466988-283582] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read siyu lu's full profile check out TurkerView!

7. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    see my issue with the AMT % ratings like that, is that is super open to interpretation.
    have they rejected all the work? (if so, where are the rejection ratings?)
    have they just not approved any work yet?
    i really think there needs to be a slightly better version of that % rating (imo)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  8. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. coffeeowl

Ratings:
    +10,064
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    that movie was so cheesy yet so amazingly well acted by him

11. JOpitz72

JOpitz72 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +382
    I have a weird thing called Reactive Hypoglycemia. When I eat my blood sugar goes down instead of up. My body produces way too much insulin when I eat a tiny bit of food. My blood sugar will get really low (in the 30's and 40's) and then I pass out. Eventually my body stops producing insulin and my blood sugar level comes back up. I have a continuous glucose monitor and I have to get my A1C checked to make sure I am not trending to low with my sugars. With the vaccine they aren't sure how my body will react, so we are TRYING to get my A1C as high as possible before I get the vaccine, so if I can't eat because of the side effects I won't get too low. Once I am averaging in the 50's, if I get to the point it's hard to eat, then I can get into trouble. For example, having the stomach flu is really bad for me. I have to eat every 2 hours a protein and a fat, without carbs or sugar. If I am sick, then I can't eat. It's all very weird. And I thought I was the only person in the world with this until we found out one of my four sons has it too. Now because the immediate side effects of the vaccine could make me not feel well for a couple days, the doctor wants to be sure I am at my healthiest to get the vaccine. Hopefully, I am ok and the vaccine is easy peasy. LOL!

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  12. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    I mean for a man ACTIVELY dying of cancer at the time of recording Raul Julia did an amazing job. The only reason he was in it was because he kids loved street fighter and he wanted to do something for them before he passed.
    Also, that scene is pure big dick energy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. coffeeowl

Ratings:
    +10,064
    Texas is opening up vaccines to everyone on 3/29 if anyone here still needs one. I got my first dose of Moderna last Friday.

• Like Like x 4
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  14. test ing

test ing Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,014
    I used to get confused seeing the lower approval ratings with no rejection reviews. I'm still a noob but I noticed the "Not available" ratings as being new requesters? Not sure if that's right. But then approval rating being listed would be the same as our AMT approval rating, as such for total work /accepted/rejected.
    If I see 72% approval rating with no rejections on TV or TO I just ditch it. My understanding was ~30% of the HITs that requester posts are rejected.

15. Kirk Staley

Kirk Staley Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,614
    Slow day today.

16. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    All of this.

And also, if you post a batch and get 50% bad data, you basically have to reject the entire batch because figuring out what is good/bad completely negates the entire point of using MTurk. You'd have been better off just doing the entire project yourself :emoji_joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Crawlerz

Crawlerz Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,322
    Called insurance. Yeeeeeech

• Yikes Yikes x 1
  18. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173

you forget this man who also was (apparently) dying of cancer

[​IMG]

see thats one of the major issues im bringing up worded almost exactly how people see it. you can never be sure if its ACTUALLY 72% approved and nearly 30% rejected or if its just still catching up approvals as they go.
    AMT tends to really half ass its metrics on things like this is seems, i swear it seems like they just have the AMT team throw code at the site and see what sticks

yup, and with doing that the metrics are going to be WILDLY inaccurate, i mean look at that scammer from a few weeks back about the "Maslovian" hit. they popped pretty much every one (and then hilariously moved to Shitlific) and they still had a 30ish% approval rating. HOW? if you mass reject on that scale, HOW can you have that high of an approval rating? the metric is just broken of its calling for data from some netherworld where up is down and cats live with dogs

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  19. Kirk Staley

Kirk Staley Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,614
    Going to email requesters for my own TP Panels.. :)

• WOW WOW x 3
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  20. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    There are panels for toilet paper?!

• LOL LOL x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.