04/12 - Fine Friday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Apr 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluAngel

BluAngel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,046
    ESClabs [A1U8RL0GPUGR86] Study on problem solving | $2.00 | 15-20 minutes - $2.00 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $22.29 / hour
    00:05:23 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 100; Gender - Female EqualTo 1; Sam Social innovation DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) > 97; Location EqualTo US;
    To read ESClabs's full profile check out TurkerView!

2. Rin

Rin Thread Destroyer TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +451
    AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] Listen to a folk song and answer a survey about it. - $0.34 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.27 / hour
    00:02:12 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Likes Folk Music >= 1; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location EqualTo US;
    To read AudioKite's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] Listen to a electronic song and answer a survey about it. - $0.13 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $5.38 / hour
    00:01:27 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Likes Electronic / Avant-Garde >= 1; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location EqualTo US;
    To read AudioKite's full profile check out TurkerView!

4. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    Primate Gestures and Signing [A3SSV1QDNYABDC] Short video study (5-6 minutes) - $0.30 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $7.77 / hour
    00:02:19 / completion time
    Pros:
    Fun video survey/experience!
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Completed video study DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Primate Gestures and Signing's full profile check out TurkerView!

5. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    ESClabs [A1U8RL0GPUGR86] Study on problem solving | $2.00 | 15-20 minutes - $2.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $28.35 / hour
    00:04:14 / completion time
    Pros:
    Super quick!
    Cons:
    I feel like I probably didn't write enough at the beginning, but as someone who likes to keep things short and clear on questions/answers, I felt it sufficient.

Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 100; Gender - Female EqualTo 1; Sam Social innovation DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) > 97; Location EqualTo US;
    To read ESClabs's full profile check out TurkerView!

6. sarin

sarin Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +4,286
    Hunter Thompson [A7KYQQNZIOHRM] Image Rating and Selection Tasks - $5.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $37.42 / hour
    00:08:01 / completion time
    Pros:
    University of Ontario Institute of Technology

Honestly one of the best survey taking interfaces I've seen, you get to use keybinds that can make the survey go way faster. There is an accurate progress bar, there is no scrolling needed, and the images load quickly.
    Cons:
    There are two videos you need to watch that total 2 minutes and 46 seconds, but it instructs you on how to use the keybinds to make this survey go faster.

There is some writing at the end to explain your choices.

Qualifications:
    To read Hunter Thompson's full profile check out TurkerView!

7. kapnobatai

kapnobatai Turker

Ratings:
    +12
    I've had this hit in PANDA for the past 4 hours but I can't seem to catch it :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. savetheunlikely

savetheunlikely Active Turker

Ratings:
    +430
    KU Applied Behavioral Economics Lab [AJJCWXG0JIKS5] Survey on Food Purchases - $0.60 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $4.72 / hour
    00:07:38 / completion time
    Pros:
    Literally nothing.
    Cons:
    Underpaid, endless garbage. Would barely be worth it at $2. The progress bar is accurate...it's unbelievably personal, bad, detailed, sliders, etc. AVOID like the plague,

Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 100; HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US;
    To read KU Applied Behavioral Economics Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. Luis Alves

Luis Alves Active Turker

Ratings:
    +125
    Good morning, everyone.

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  10. Luis Alves

Luis Alves Active Turker

Ratings:
    +125
    Tonight I'll be experimenting with the spacedesk app, to see if i can use my phone to still turk around the house without being stuck at my desk or laptop. Anyone here ever try that?

11. JeffP

JeffP New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
  12. Tymers112

Tymers112 Turker

Ratings:
    +15
    Wow! it's really slow this morning. Super slow.

13. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Happens sometimes. Just gotta go with it. It will likely splode into oblivion in a few hours then life will be good.

14. Tymers112

Tymers112 Turker

Ratings:
    +15
    Hope that it can turnover soon, and we can get our fingers moving.

15. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    after doing a google search, it looks like it would be more hassle than its worth. :/ May as well just get a tablet. I've been watching craigslist for cheap Surface Pro's.

16. Luis Alves

Luis Alves Active Turker

Ratings:
    +125
    I have a tablet, and I love it as a second monitor. But to go around the house doing stuff, while keeping my phone in hand to turn pandas on/off or just monitor a scraper (assuming I have my include list in order), this seems like it could help. Not for main work, of course. Just to minimize the chances of losing something good while I'm doing something else.

17. Luis Alves

Luis Alves Active Turker

Ratings:
    +125
    Then again, it may not work at all. Still, it's worth a try ;)

18. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    Ahhh. So to use it more of a Panda Monitor? That could be useful.... I was thinking a Windows based tablet since it would provide a lot more functionality for turking than my phone could ever do. Plus, i could bring it to work to tackle all the inquisits that pop up that I usually end up throwing back because I cant download anything at work and Im too lazy to break out my turking laptop and walk to a quiet corner.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Luis Alves

Luis Alves Active Turker

Ratings:
    +125
    Yep, more or less like that. :) Except this would connect the phone as a second monitor to an existing computer, so it would need to be in the same network to connect. I'm sure there's remote connection apps that would let you leave the house and still make it work, but I don't think that would work with this one.

20. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    I've considered options like that(virtual remote while not on the LAN), but i would be curious if the cost would outweigh the benefits since you would be leaving your desktop on all day. I know for a fact my rig will suck up as much energy as it can while its on. lol. That, and data usage since you are constantly streaming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.