04/23 - Twice Thursday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Tripsa, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripsa

Tripsa ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็

Ratings:
    +30,599
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  2. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    @Azazael
    At any rate it is the bane to my existence right now as I have a niece AND nephew sending me "facebook" messages but can't see their stuff unless I download apps to my phone or tablet. I just want to see it on a PC so wondering if anyone figured a work around?

• Like Like x 1
  3. awdrf

awdrf Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,459
    New Requester Profile!

INSEAD Entrepreneurship competitions [A2RQAB2TF81KO] Evaluate venture teams for a venture team competition - $0.50 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $6.82 / hour
    00:04:24 / completion time
    Pros:
    -Got to read some interesting concepts that may or may not be real.
    Cons:
    -Not really worth it at all. Just did this hit to throw a review on an unreviewed acct because I was bored.

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 24 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 100; HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US;

To read INSEAD Entrepreneurship competitions's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 2
  4. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    OK I'll try this one more time.... see if anyone on the late night crew knows the answer.... apparently in order for me to receive facebook KID (niece/nephew) messages without downloading the apps to my phone or tablet (which I don't want to do because I hate the constant notifications even after turning off notifications) - I have to put something called Blue Stacks 3 on my computer... why? I don't know.

I also don't know what Blue Stacks 3 is? Anyone have any experience with it?

https://verticalgeek.com/facebook-messenger-kids-pc-windows-mac/

• Like Like x 1
  5. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,122
    made a whole bunch of extra money from surveys in the last few hours thanks to people here telling me I could TY! also might be naptime.

• Love Love x 3
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 2
  6. THFYM

THFYM Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +23,050
    BlueStacks is an Android emulator for PC.

This is the equivalent of wanting a picture of a tiger on your wall, so you remodel your entire 30 acre oceanfront property into Joe Exotic's zoo.

You should be able to just use your Facebook account (in web browser) to chat w/ someone using FB Messenger Kids?

Source: Some cursory online research because I'm obviously not hitting up kids on FB, nice try FBI

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    you beat me to this. bluestack is an emulator, which you *shouldnt* need to use just to chat with them. you *should* be able to just use FB webpage on chrome and you can disable notification noises and such that way (this i know cause i did that to mine since i have a few people that love to drunk message at like 4am)

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. emamaya

emamaya Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,405
    SocialWorlds [AB73KPC4T4J2R] Survey about your experience on Mechanical Turk - $2.75 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.03 / hour
    00:09:09 / completion time
    Pros:
    Easy
    Cons:
    in the I-frame
    Many ACs

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 10 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: 20200416-1942094EFJmTIjSIh3IPGJhNjrHoBXwM7aibrpWsPJ0mJipx22UKNdSc DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location EqualTo US;

To read SocialWorlds's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  9. emamaya

emamaya Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,405
  10. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    OK the imagery is fantastic.

However... in my Facebook account (in web browser) I get a notification when niece and nephew try to message me that says:

"_________________ kid sent Aunt a message! Download Messenger Kids on Aunt's tablet or phone so that Aunt can see it."

so....then googling... I find out the app is apparently only available on android, fire or apple... and I can NOT see their messages in regular facebook account.

Thus ended up on the "do I Blue Stacks this thing" or "just suck it up and put facebook on my phone or tablet" loop.

I really only want a picture of the tiger. In black and white.
    No zoo.

• Love Love x 2
    • WOW WOW x 1
  11. T Mon

T Mon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +383
    Anton Gollwitzer [A6G6SE8CEMK99] ~12 to 16 Minutes. Demographics Survey - $1.75 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $8.99 / hour
    00:11:41 / completion time
    Pros:
    Quick. Not a ton of writing.
    Summary at beginning was transparent about mobile screenshots
    Depending on how quickly you can upload photos (I'm okay), pay could be Good
    Cons:
    Have to upload screenshots
    Screener

Catchability: Expiring Soon (HIT Last Seen: 92 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 100; HIT approval rate (%) > 97; Location EqualTo US;

To read Anton Gollwitzer's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  12. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Getting that it's an emulator... (which is a word I learned yesterday lol)- trying to trouble shoot this with 10 and 12 year olds - but really feel there is some work-around here that means I don't have to bluestacks this (also a word I learned yesterday) to chat with them.

I ran some tests with friends on the facebook account and we can "Messenger" (adults)... and they can see if I post something to a general "Aunt" account - but the kids can't communicate with me and share the zillions of pictures of their pets they are trying to send.

I keep trying to convince them to gchat but apparently this facebook kids messenger is a "thing" and as an Aunt I guess I have to figure it out???? Argh - thanks ya'll for your help so far!

13. THFYM

Ratings:
    +23,050
    That's super unfortunate. The documentation says:

Approved adults can easily message and video chat with their kids via the Messenger app — no additional app download is needed.

That led me to believe that it would also work in browser,
    [​IMG]

However...

You're now asking yourself if you'd rather put Messenger on your phone/tablet, or create an emulated environment on your computer that mimics the functionality of your phone/tablet and then dump it there. I think that choice should make itself :emoji_joy:

Alternatively, you can just cut off contact with the kids until they're 18. They're much more mature and less hostile at that age, anyway. I've been telling @ChrisTurk he could always just put his in foster care for the next 17.5 years and then reunite on her 18th bday. He'd save TONS on childcare, but "noooooo THFYM blah blah blah I love her blah blah blah familial bonds". Wuss.

• LOL LOL x 6
  14. Masterbah

Masterbah Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +15,296
    I half-read what's been said here, and only noticed you saying you want to chat on facebook messenger on your desktop. I use "Caprine" for that, which is a desktop client for facebook messenger. Might help you :dunno:

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  15. THFYM

Ratings:
    +23,050
    Also note that BlueStacks is s u p e r resource intensive. You're essentially running an entire mobile OS within your own OS. If you have a great computer, you might not notice a big perf hit... but this is seriously the equivalent of setting off a small nuclear bomb to get rid of a spider (which, tbh, would be more justified :p )

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 4
  16. Masterbah

Masterbah Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +15,296
    I prefer Nox to BlueStacks and find it less resource hungry.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 3
  17. THFYM

Ratings:
    +23,050
    Considering your VR usage and the strong probability that your rig costs more than my car, I'm hesitant to trust your judgment of the subjective "resource hungry" :p

• LOL LOL x 6
  18. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Ok I mean the obvious choice is to be a terrible aunt and ignore all these stuck-at-home-kids and NOT try to see all the pictures they are taking of their goldfish.....

But....clearly I want to see those goldfish...

With the choice you just gave me - of putting kid messenger on my phone or dumping it on my computer... I may be leaning toward computer, because I am not sure if I can bear the incessant facebook nonsense on my phone.

[​IMG]

19. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Googling Caprine.....

• Love Love x 1
  20. THFYM

Ratings:
    +23,050
    Assuming it interfaces properly w/ FB Messenger Kids (it should), that's probably going to be your best bet.

Can't say for sure because I've never used it, but the documentation looks like it checks out well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.