05/05 - Fifth of May on Friday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joie de vivre

joie de vivre Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,313
    I grew up in KY. I've been to the infield for 15 Derbys, spent 5 years working at a racing bar. I'm kind of bitter about not getting that qual, sigh.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
  3. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    I'm not into it at all but that is a bucket list item of mine.... I was hoping Tom Brady would invite me this year but he took Garoppolo and Brissett :(
    [​IMG]

4. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    I thought Tom Brady was some kind of football person, but it's entirely likely that I'm wrong about that. I'm in the deep South now, but I'm not kidding. When I lived in KY and worked at that horse bar, there were (Irish folks) who recommended bets. They were trainers and foalers. I used to make a fair amount of money off of those recommendations. I have some sentimentality for those guys.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    Ouch. Snubbed. There's always next year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    [​IMG]

7. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    So a horse is sitting at home watching TV, and --------
    He's watching a heavy metal music video, and the guitarist plays an amazing solo. The horse says "that looks amazing, I want to do that!"

The horse goes to the phone book, looks up a music teacher and calls him. "Hi, I'd like to learn to play guitar." Says the horse.

"Sure," says the man on the phone. "Just come to your lesson and we'll get you started."

"There's just one problem," says the horse. "I'm a horse."

"Not to worry," the man says. "We have new state of the art technology to teach horses. You'll be playing like a pro in no time."

Sure enough, the horse gets really good at the guitar and he can play that amazing solo. He wants to show his friends, so he picks up the phone and calls chicken.

"Hey Chicken, come over!" he says. Chicken comes over, watches horse play the guitar and thinks it's pretty cool. Chicken watches the music video and says "hey, that drum part is pretty cool, I want to learn to play that."

Chicken goes to the phone book, looks up a music teacher and calls him. "Hi, I'd like to learn to play the drums." Says the chicken.

"Sure," says the man on the phone. "Just come to your lesson and we'll get you started."

"There's just one problem," says the chicken. "I'm a chicken."

"Not to worry," the man says. "We have new state of the art technology to teach chickens. You'll be playing like a pro in no time."

Sure enough, the chicken gets really good and begins to jam with the horse. Eventually, they think that something's missing. They watch the video again and realize they need a bass guitarist. They call their friend Cow and show them what they've been up to. Cow thinks it's pretty cool, and wants to learn how to play the bass guitar.

Cow goes to the phone book, looks up a music teacher and calls him. "Hi, I'd like to learn to play bass guitar." Says the cow.

"There's just one problem," says the cow. "I'm a cow."

"Not to worry," the man says. "We have new state of the art technology to teach cows. You'll be playing like a pro in no time."

Sure enough, the cow gets really good at the bass and the animals have a nice band going.

One day, while they're practicing, a man walks by and hears them. He goes up to the animals and says "hey, you guys are pretty good! I'm from a record label, I'd like to sign you!"

The band records an album, puts out some singles and becomes a massive success. They go on a worldwide tour and make tons of money. Right before the last show of the tour, which is supposed to be in Vegas, Horse gets a call. His mother is in hospital.

Horse goes to visit her before the show while the rest of the band goes to Vegas to set up. It turns out that she's all good, it's just a cold. As horse is leaving the hospital, he gets another call. The private jet that was carrying the band and their producer crashed into the ocean, and there were no survivors.

Horse is devastated. All of his best friends are dead, he's out of a job and he's stuck with nowhere to go. He breaks down in tears and decides he'll drink himself to death.

So the horse walks into a bar.

The bartender asks, "why the long face?"

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    Do any of you understand why the best race horses come from certain spots in Kentucky and Japan? And Ireland actually.

9. WimpLo

WimpLo Survey Slingin' Batch Masta Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +73,361
    Title: Rate Java method recommendations | PANDA
    Requester: Shashank [A3PFFLNIJ0XEJ9] (Contact)
    TO: This requester currently has no TO reviews. [url=Leave one!
    Description: In this task, you will be writing java programs (one method each) for two problem statements. The objective is to search for similar samples and rate them based on whether they were relevant in helping complete your task
    Time: 50 minutes
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $2.00
    Qualifications: None
    This HIT was posted through TurkerHub xPort Script v2.1 • Learn More • Install Here
    good? bad? no idea

10. WimpLo

WimpLo Survey Slingin' Batch Masta Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +73,361
    Title: Survey about news story (3 mins.) | PANDA
    Requester: Lucinda Atkinson [A1MVUMLFCSM760] (Contact)
    TO: This requester currently has no TO reviews. [url=Leave one!
    Description: Give us your opinion about a brief newspaper story (less than 3 minutes)
    Time: 3 hours
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $0.25
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US;
    This HIT was posted through TurkerHub xPort Script v2.1 • Learn More • Install Here
    little over 1 min

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    I'll do a better job next year applying pressure to his :emoji_football:Balls .....:emoji_joy:

• LOL LOL x 1
  12. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313

13. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    See even a Pats fan can make a deflategate joke :emoji_wink:

14. Saqfish

Saqfish Active Turker

Ratings:
    +557
    Pattrick fans?

15. Mallan627

Mallan627 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,448
    No idea what you're talking about, but here's a funny pic!

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  16. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    [​IMG]

17. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    It's the limestone beneath the soil. It's something that is prevalent in each of those three locations. Evidendtly that legend is pertinent enough to convince folks in all three of those countries to try real hard to train horses to run for the roses so red.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    I never would have known....interesting and now I want to Google and read
    [​IMG]

19. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    Shit, sorry. I was being a know it all.

20. un_in

un_in Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,330
    Tried to get tacos for Cinco de Mayo, the place I wanted to go to was closed early. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.