05/24 -The Fattest Squirrel Friday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by skittles, May 24, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skittles

skittles Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +18,181
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Good Review! Good Review! x 1
    Last edited: May 24, 2024
  2. beto

beto Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,835
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 5
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,724
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 7
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,796
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 6
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Trucker

Trucker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,727
    Morning.

[​IMG]

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 10
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. classy meme

classy meme Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,260
  7. classy meme

Ratings:
    +2,260
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 2
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
  8. WimpLo

WimpLo Survey Slingin' Batch Masta Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +73,883
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  9. APFan

APFan Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +602
    Hello all! I'm just dropping in to share an encounter I had with a requester yesterday. I've been lurking for probably 15 years and have had to contact requesters about rejections maybe 10 times. Sometimes they're a little snippy, but usually pretty polite and professional. Maybe I caught Cesar on a bad day or maybe there was a language barrier, but....read for yourself.

Requester: Cesar Rubio
    Title: Experiences and Habits at Work
    Rejections Reason Given: "The duration on this survey was way too long (3 days)."

Email Chain:

ME-
    Cesar Rubio,

I have no idea what this rejection feedback means. I received and took the survey yesterday afternoon. Please reverse this rejection, it impacts my ability to get other jobs. Whatever data you're seeing that says '3 days' is wrong. It's not even possible for me to hold on to a job for 3 days.

MTurk's contact form doesn't allow for formatting and has limited space, so I've used a third party tool to generate a page which also has documentation and helpful requester resources to help overturn the rejection, you can access the page for this rejected HIT here:

https://turkerview.com/bridge/rejec...SZSX5/lock/OJPO3W1GVD4LZR16G6XK5M0Q6NY927XEJ/

Thank you for your time!

REQUESTER-
    There is no way to confirm your claim , but my survey shows that you started the survey on 5/17 and ended it on 5/22 (see below), so the duration of the survey is too long for approval. Also, I want to hear from people who can hold jobs for more than three days, so they can answer the questions better.
    ******** Screenshot containing row of dates and numbers with no identifying information saying 'Accepted - 5/17, Submitted - 5/22' ************

ME-
    What are you talking about with the three days? Your last sentence sounded pretty rude and condescending for someone who’s so far off base here. Did you set the hit timer for 3 days? If not, it’s obviously not possible for me to have worked in it for 3 days. That screenshot shows me nothing to indicate that I picked up and held that hit for three days without submitting it. However, I have included a screenshot from my account showing that I did your hit on the 22nd, and it had a very high hourly pay rate. So it very clearly could not have been started 3 days prior, otherwise the hourly rate would have been much, much lower. Please reverse the hit and pay me as agreed on when I did this work for you.
    ********* Screenshot containing Hit Tracker data showing what day I did the hit ****************

REQUESTER-
    I am not trying to be rude. Your image does not mean anything to me either. I could find out from MTurk, but you disclosed that you don't hold jobs for over 3 days, so you are not the population that I am looking for, so you are disqualified because I cannot use your information. I don't even know how long you took on this survey. This would affect the reliability of this research.

ME-
    ****** CC'd his IRB Director and Assistant Director on this one **********
    Hi Cesar, I did not, in fact, disclose to you that I could not hold jobs over 3 days. At no point in this conversation have you and I had a discussion about my ability to hold a job. Taking something I said in an email completely out of context and using it to disqualify me from a study that I completed in good faith would actually be a pretty shocking thing for a university researcher to do. I'm also not sure how you both rejected me for taking '3 days' to do this survey and somehow don't even know how long I took on the survey. This is honestly the most ridiculous conversation I've had with a requester in the 10+ years I've been accepting jobs on the Mturk forum. I think you probably should go ahead and 'find out from MTurk' because you seem confused about how these HITS work. Did you or did you not set the HIT timer for multiple days? Pretty easy way to solve this confusion. If you didn't, how could I have possibly accepted the job on the 17th and submitted it on the 22nd? I have no reason to believe this is anything besides data theft, as I can see on your TurkerView profile that you don't have many reviews yet. That means you are either new and confused, or experienced in ripping off workers and jumping from requester profile to requester profile. Either way, I did this work, which I am qualified to do, and I should be paid for it.

REQUESTER-
    If you cannot hold a job for three days, then you do not have the ability to hold a job. Those are your words not mine, and I am just interpreting your words. You are the second person that registered a time over 3 days to complete the survey. I am just reading what I have to validate you. Your survey ID showed the time you started and ended, and I showed you that. I am new to MTurk, and I don't like what I've been getting from participants and experience.

I have the right to refuse your survey no matter what, but I will reverse the rejection so you can get your $8 dollars, but I will not be able to use your responses, as if you cared. I am no longer using MTurk for any research projects due to your tantrum and the quality of the participants. Enjoy your day and my eight dollars!

Cesar

FIN

I don't do well with confrontation at ALL. Like, my hands were shaking as I was typing. Tell me, was he way out of line, or did I fly off the handle?

• Yikes x 3
    • WOW x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Good Review! x 1
    • Love x 1
  10. classy meme

Ratings:
    +2,260
    Might be the guy who also took my money.

11. APFan

APFan Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +602
    And here's my fattylumps, Jabba as thanks for reading.

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 4
  12. KelKoval78

KelKoval78 Turker

Ratings:
    +77
    Omg! He sounds like a total idiot to me (just saying). The researcher didn't even comprehend what you were telling him and how its impossible for you to have had it for three days ect.. smh Then his condescending BS at the end it would have pushed me over the edge. I would not have been able to maintain any longer and would have finally lost my cool. Sorry that you had to go through that. I see where he said he would reverse the rejection did he end up reversing it?

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. classy meme

Ratings:
    +2,260
    // @contrib , - this jerk demands proper coding design structure.. pfft

14. classy meme

Ratings:
    +2,260
    What's the difference between paying for QBC and paying for a TV API key? Convinience of QBC's all in one?

15. APFan

APFan Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +602
    Oh yes, I should have included that. He IMMEDIATELY reversed it after sending me that last message.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  16. PinkLady

PinkLady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,987
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 5
    • Love Love x 3
  17. Janya

Janya Active Turker

Ratings:
    +484
    [​IMG]

Happy Friday Yall.

And today I learned - while I KNOW how squirrel is spelled, I cannot type it out?? HAHA

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  18. classy meme

Ratings:
    +2,260
    How to block a requester in Firefox? In TV?

19. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +33,426
    [​IMG]

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  20. classy meme

Ratings:
    +2,260
Thread Status: