05/26 - Scrappy Sunday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, May 26, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,438
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. skittles

skittles Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +18,182
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 7
    Last edited: May 26, 2024
  3. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +33,426
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. beto

beto Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,835
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 6
  5. WimpLo

WimpLo Survey Slingin' Batch Masta Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +73,883
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 5
  6. classy meme

classy meme Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,260
    Turkguru only caught 2 HITs.

7. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,261
    Not bad for a holiday weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  8. classy meme

classy meme Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,260
    upload_2024-5-26_11-47-36.png

• Like Like x 2
  9. PinkLady

PinkLady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,987
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. KelKoval78

KelKoval78 Turker

Ratings:
    +77
    I'm sorry if someone else has brought this up and I have missed it. But I am having a problem logging in to Turker View Specifically qualifeye I cannot do anything with it it's just reloading the login screen and I don't know what to do.. the message banner has been at the top for quite some time about changes being made to the website and stuff so I just don't know if that is still in effect or not?

11. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,796
    Someone else also noted having the same issue yesterday. All we can do is hope that @ChrisTurk logs in and see it.

12. Squatcobbler

Squatcobbler Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,789
    yeah, that was me @Black Order

• Like Like x 1
  13. slewsky

slewsky Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,324
    Could someone send me a download link for QBC?

14. DuckDuckTurk

DuckDuckTurk Active Turker

Ratings:
    +736
    So Ben Peterson hits (specifically men's dating) they pay a whopping 0.03c for each one you do which means if you're going to do them, you have to do a lot of them for them to be worth doing if at even at all? humor me a minute :emoji_laughing: right so at 0.03c per hit if I do 33 of them it's 0.99c
    the rating photos give you a core choice of score from 0,1,2,3 and every Ben Peterson hit is structured the same way.
    I look at the photo and I give an honest rating of the photo and leave a comment, if there is sunglasses I use the sunglasses comment if it's someone looking away or not at the camera I choose ''eye contact'' then if they are a certifiable hottie then I pick <3 would date. This is all fair game right?
    Again, at 0.03c you have to do a lot of them in batches for them to be worthwhile.

Over the wk'end I decided to try them out for an extended run, I honestly didn't have much else to do and I figured that it would help pass the time while my kids were playing and I'd finished the house chores. I ended up losing the qual to it because I did too many of them in 1d, now they are back up again today :emoji_joy: so a soft ban?

Here is the issue, if the requestor soft banned me for 24hrs because I did too many then literally what is the point? If I was soft banned based on ratings given, again what is the point in offering a numbered system and comments section if you can't be honest? I saw something yesterday on reddit where someone said ''If you pick too many of the same numbers in a row'' that flags something in the system, well here is what I think, I think that sucks. Because now if I'm rating dating photos I can't be honest. What if Matthew from BC is really only a 1* on smartness 1* on trustworthyness and 1* on attractiveness? OH wait I can't rate him 1* because I rated George from FL 1* in the same categories too! Darn, so now instead of using my actual honest opinion in order to do this without being flagged I have to avoid repeating the same ratings? Doesn't that kinda seem counter productive?
    in a dating rating task that asks you to be honest?
    Okay Sam from Toronto you can have a 3* on Attractiveness you honestly are not a 3* looker but I have to do it to avoid being softbanned? :emoji_laughing:

Lets assume I wasn't softbanned for doing too many of the same ratings but instead, I was actually soft banned temporarily because I did way too many, okay how many is too many? Again, it's 0.03c per hit and if I do 33 hits that's only 99c, we are not talking cutting edge high commodities here are we? I'm not likely to rival Elon Musk tomorrow and start up my own rocket company on 99c. So lets say I do what? 66 hits of Ben Peterson that is still short of $2, infact, to get up to $5 you have to do 168 hits but at this point I'm blocked. I'm blocked for doing too many hits? On a hit that requires batching to even get anywhere with it?

That just doesn't make any sense at all.

15. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,796
    It's a nice to do HIT as a filler, but as you figured out, you will get an automatic soft block for doing too many. It's temporary. Definitely not something you can rely on as a batch.

• Like Like x 1
  16. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,321
    I hope you guys are making a lot of $$$ today! I have not turked at all today. but I am getting some other things done like spring cleaning a little post-surgery and with my broken wrist etc. also I was hoping today would be Sausage Sunday @skittles because yesterday was hot dogs maybe in the future :D

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  17. DuckDuckTurk

DuckDuckTurk Active Turker

Ratings:
    +736
    oh no turker! sorry to hear about your broken wrist, let us know if there is anything I can do from my end to help!
    I'm assuming the surgery went well.

[​IMG]

18. KelKoval78

KelKoval78 Turker

Ratings:
    +77
    It's been like this for me for several days and I don't know why. I don't understand what the hiccup is? I can't access any qualification tests or anything this way i'm not sure what to do.

19. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,724
    I didn't log into turk at all yesterday but I kept my computer open to prolific because that queue is full and I just wanted to keep an eye on it in case I felt like working. Several times throughout the day and night a new tab would open to a qual test page as if I had been logged in and wanted to take a qual test. Is anyone else having this issue? It's just weird because I didn't log into mturk or Turkerview at all...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.