06/24 - Keep Movin' Through Thursday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Jun 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianSage

ObsidianSage Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,154
    No clue honestly, game has been in development by a small team (previously a single person if I remember correctly) since 2012 so there's a possibility of that or the reverse.

2. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    8 MB instead of 8GB..........8GB is just ridiculous

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
    It's honestly one of the deepest games I've ever played (except maybe Dwarf Fortress). Can be pretty daunting at first and I highly recommend trading or exploration before jumping into combat activities

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  4. WalledPillow

WalledPillow Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,634
    The shows I'm thinking of came out in the last 5 years or so, so unless parts of the story line are just common sci-fi tropes, I'm thinking some hollywood writers play this game too

5. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    there are tons of great games that don't require a lot of system power... depending on what you like. I really enjoy a lot of arcade twin stick style games... great for quick plays that don't require a lot of commitment. One of the main reasons I never get around to playing a lot of stuff is I just dont feel like setting aside the time

As much as I've always loved playing games, I just feel cracked out a lot these days after playing for hours

• Like Like x 2
  6. LumosDC

LumosDC Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,429
    Title: Complete a 2 minute survey--quick payment! FOR DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS ONLY(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
    Requester: CB Researcher [A2JU7B5WFNY9DN] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$9.01] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=2.98] [Fast=4.90] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=4.80] [Reviews=64] [ToS=0]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 0.20
    Duration: 30:00
    Available: 1
    Description: Complete a 2 minute survey--quick payment! FOR DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS ONLY
    Qualifications: Exc: [9498462-302405] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

7. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    In all honesty it is hard to recommend a GPU right now because of how the market is, I think. I bought a used GTX 1070 SC almost 2 years ago on Ebay, and last I checked they now go for $400 :emoji_thinking:

Hopefully it will get back to normal sooner or later.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    yep the market is screwed due to shortages... there are all kinds of shortages in different product categories right now. Even weird small things...

• Like Like x 1
  9. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
    I got mega lucky and snapped up a RTX 3070 at original MSRP in February. I think if I was in the market for a GPU right now I'd just find another hobby for the next year.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  10. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    My brother somehow got his hands on a 3070 the other day.

• WOW WOW x 1
  11. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    yup i bought my RX580 8gb like 2 years ago for barely $100 on ebay, last i checked a few weeks ago (i wanted another one for another system) they were pushing $400. fucking crazy cause of shortages and all the damn bitcoin miners
    few years the way it sounds like its going to be with all the BTC miners

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  12. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    That is impressive. You could sell that and exclusively live off top shelf caviar for the rest of your life!

• LOL LOL x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  13. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
    Didn't China just smack miners? But yeah, miners suck and while they're not the only issue that + global chip shortage has really screwed everything up.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  14. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
    Yeah when I saw the prices for mine my head spun. If I could get a 2xxx or 1xxx card for a good price I'd probably just sell the thing. Already got rid of my old 1070Ti before the prices rose for old cards, though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    There is something screwy going on with supply chains all around... lotsa factors at play I think, with situations unfolding for the past year

I'm always waaaaaay behind the times as for hardware so its not a huge issue for me. I'm barely sputtering along on my setup, hoping my harddrives hold out a while longer

• Love Love x 1
  16. WalledPillow

WalledPillow Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,634
    I was just going to say that. I saw a few videos last week of people snapping up graphics cards, like dozens of them, to build crypto miners

• Like Like x 1
  17. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    they say that but do you really believe that?
    i know its super cynical but really, i wouldnt really put it past a media stunt and they just take the stuff for their own governmental uses

• Like Like x 1
  18. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
    Honestly though when you do end up upgrading your rig it will feel so damn good. Incremental upgrading can sometimes feel a little less than exciting when it doesn't immediately/directly translate to quantifiable performance. I picked up NVME drives just for giggles last year and barely even notice a difference, for instance.

I'm sure if I played a lot of RTX enabled games I'd be more excited about my card, but not much has really sparked my interest (definitely hyped for BF2042 though) I figure at least I don't have to worry about an upgrade for 3-4 years.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  19. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
    My guess is they will unveil their own flavor of crypto and ban all others. Because fuck it, why not.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  20. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    sadly i would not doubt that one bit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.