07/11 - Slip 'N Slide Saturday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by IcyTundra, Jul 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brone

Brone Active Turker

Ratings:
    +440
    @Kadauchi or anyone that might know the answer

hit tracker is giving me incorrect information when I attempt to sync 45 days.
    this is because when I had last sync'd it was correct, but then I went like two months without really using mturk, and never synchronizing. today I tried to sync, and because the previous payments-in-waiting are older than 45 days, they are not being cleaned/removed

2. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    you might have to export the dbase, clear it, and import it. it kinda does the same issue with the mturk $0.00 qual hits

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. RicanGuy86

RicanGuy86 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,138
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Brone

Brone Active Turker

Ratings:
    +440
    not sure how to clear it though

5. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    quick question

this is good, right? it means the laptop is operating optimally and as expected, and nothing at all is wrong, right?

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 4
    • WOW WOW x 1
  6. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    clear cache

MB/MBP 2013-2017?

8. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    2018... :emoji_sob:

Back to my 2012 for now. I have an appointment next Saturday.

• Love Love x 1
  9. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    will it still turn on and such? back up everything *NOW* apple store is gonna try and dick you around and instead of replacing the battery, swap your laptop out to another. they do it *ALL* the time

• Love Love x 1
  10. WimpLo

WimpLo Survey Slingin' Batch Masta Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +73,160
    darriel harris [A3CA0SHCDHGIN1] Answer a survey about your opinions on the persuasiveness of 3 videos - $7.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $40.91 / hour
    00:10:16 / completion time
    Pros:
    Watch three short videos and answer questions after each.
    Cons:
    One short open-ended question.

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: one minute ago)
    Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) > 98; Location EqualTo US;

To read darriel harris's full profile check out TurkerView!

11. Brone

Brone Active Turker

Ratings:
    +440
    oh the CACHE. I thought you meant the cache, but here you meant the CACHE!

anyway, worked perfectly, thanks

• LOL LOL x 2
  12. WimpLo

WimpLo Survey Slingin' Batch Masta Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +73,160
    I saw this one on Reddit. Apparently, I still have r/HWTF :behindsofa:

• Like Like x 1
  13. leafs4_cup

leafs4_cup Ugly Mug

Ratings:
    +31,260
    Maybe everything you type won't have 8 o's in a row now

• LOL LOL x 1
  14. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    I was originally going to ask if anyone has any experience with them so I know what to expect. It's bad enough that I have to go outside during covid, lol, but then deal with Apple on top of it. For as long as I've used Macs, the only time I've needed to use their genuises was for a 3GS phone a million years ago. It was painless then, but for something like a MBP, I can't imagine it'll be a fun ordeal.

But yeah, thanks for the heads up! As soon as I noticed it, I backed everything up, wiped all my important stuff, and put it on the shelf to collect dust for the next week. I'm actually totally fine if they want to swap it out, the butterfly keyboard gave me all sorts of problems, some keys were already wearing out, and it was increasingly crappy. I'm shocked that it has given me as many problems as it has in the year and a half I've had it, when this 2012 is a friggin beast and its only issue is it doesn't hold a charge.

• Love Love x 2
  15. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    it was SUPER weird but the pay was great

yeah i deal/dealt with them a TON. the assplodey battery issue i didnt know went into 18s but ugh. does it have like a....fruity kinda smell? thats how i found out mine was going bad. it didnt even puff up for awhle but i could smell this like.... fruity gum smell. but yeah, they dont actually really do repairs at the apple store unless its something so simple anyone can do it. you MIGHT get lucky but more than likely they are going to want to send it out

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    I didn't realize how that keyboard was wearing on my confidence. I thought for sure my typing skills were declining after not doing transcription work anymore, but being back on a real keyboard on a real laptop, I haven't had to backspace once this whole message. <3

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  17. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    yeah im used to about a typo a message. when mine was going bad i couldnt get two or three words in before i had a bad typo. the backspace key went out soon after and i was like, wtf did i do?

• WOW WOW x 2
  18. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    Weird! I didn't smell it, but now I'll have to, if I can get over my irrational fear of things exploding near me. I googled up a storm this afternoon and saw how all of the older models are covered for swollen batteries but not the 2018 yet, though there are a ton of people with the issue on 2018s and people say they either shipped it out to fix or just replaced altogether. I hope especially right now, they'll want to usher as many people out the door as quickly as possible, so I really, really hope that's the case.

• Like Like x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  19. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    I'm so glad it's not just me lol. I had the sticky key problem with a few letters, especially the O, which I guess is common on the butterfly keyboards. I always took the time to correct myself unless I was talking to leafs, then I was like, "Yuooou caaan ju st dea lll with whaateevevrr is haappneinng riight noowooowoo."

• LOL LOL x 3
  20. emamaya

emamaya Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,405
    The 2018 model sucks so much. I had to replace my old one when my screen cracked and a month in, it started making a weird popping noise and overheating issue. Took it in a couple months ago and they said it was a fan issue but they didn't want to send it out for a replacement until it got worse and just cleaned it out. A week later, it started over again and now I'm like will today be the day this goes up in flames lol I'm waiting for cases to go down to take it in again to see if they can send it out. Don't get me started on this keyboard tho lol

I'm seriously considering having my screen replaced for my lovely 2014 to have an actual good laptop again

• Yikes Yikes x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.