07/31 - Send Ice Cream Saturday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Tripsa, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. test ing

test ing Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,014
    I just had one this morning. :emoji_rolling_eyes:
    "As mentioned in the instructions"
    Set up a qual, it exists for a reason. :emoji_face_palm:I think there are just requesters who want to use the platform on a simple level and put all the burden or accountability on the worker. Those 7/30/21 GROUP A ONLY DO THIS ONCE hit is annoying because if you don't have a log and scripts, imagine checking through mturk dashboard :emoji_joy:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    i think they more meant reviewing a compensation hit, but i could be wrong

3. Darkmage

Darkmage Active Turker

Ratings:
    +143
    Center for Media Engagement [A1GFR8HDSRKCK1] Perceptions of news stories(~ 10 minutes) - $1.21 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.15 / hour
    00:07:56 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 45 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [308494245-310225] DoesNotExist ; TP Panel: -381667766 N >= 100; Total approved HITs >= 50; HIT approval rate (%) >= 93; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Center for Media Engagement's full profile check out TurkerView!

4. FrayDCat22

FrayDCat22 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +727
    Is there a training course for using scripts and leaving reviews and zeroing out time etc that I missed somewhere beyond just script dumps for us to use? I assumed (and I know what that means) that most of us jumped on and figured it through trial and error and the infrequent question when stumped. I am pretty sure I have left 98% of a download to do a hit on my computer just now... I couldn't find an uninstall and so was forced to delete two exe files from downloads folder. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  5. Darkmage

Darkmage Active Turker

Ratings:
    +143
    usc [A3JVI4OT834NR3] Short Study (~ 5 minutes) - $0.35 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $10.00 / hour
    00:02:06 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 4 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read usc's full profile check out TurkerView!

6. michael rice

michael rice Active Turker

Ratings:
    +398
    Has anyone used Queuebicle. I have been using TurkerView JS with crazy panda but just started looking into using Queuebicle. I was wondering what the pros and cons are.

7. FrayDCat22

FrayDCat22 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +727
    I've been wondering, too. I am also wondering how user friendly it is to those who are still computer novices. I just had to send a message to my daughter asking her what type of internet I have because my bill just says internet. hahaha

8. Crawlerz

Crawlerz Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,322
    @CT

9. SamAnt

SamAnt Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +12,925
    Cons:
    • It is subscription based and costs 19.95/mo.
    • Can be a little buggy during updates but usually isn't a problem.
    • Some of the settings can require a little fiddling to set it to what you prefer.
    Pros:
    • Everything is in one Windows app. Meaning your scraper, catcher, workspace, Turkerview, etc. are all talking to each other and you are not needed to bridge any of them (copying HIT IDs, pushing PANDA buttons, etc.). This saves an enormous amount of time that is otherwise used to find HITs to work on.
    • It has Watchers that can be set to auto catch HITs based on criteria that you set (though this can backfire a little if you set it wrong since it'll catch ANYTHING that fits that criteria even stuff you don't want). But this will also catch some stuff right as it comes up instead of after someone has posted a review here.
    • It has push notifications built in. So, you can walk away from the computer and it'll notify your smart phone if it sees/catches HITs.
    As far as usability, I wouldn't consider it any harder than what is already out there like HIT Catcher or Finder since most of the basic functions and settings are similar.

More specific information here: https://turkerview.com/qbc/

There is also a seven day trial period if you just want to try it for a bit.

Personally, I've found that making back the subscription fee to be pretty quick. It's also 100% worth it to me to not have to be tied to the computer all the time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  10. Kathleen!

Kathleen! Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Title: Study of Public Opinion | PANDA
    Requester: POLS-Lab [A1U7G6G0EFMMQC]
    TurkerView: [ $20.71 / hour ]
    Description: Answer some questions about current events and political attitudes
    Duration: 120 Min
    Available: 1
    Reward: $2.75
    Qualifications:
    • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
    • Location EqualTo US
    [39RCRL1CODJSZ89J51F8MUHMUDD7SU]

11. wallace566

wallace566 New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Is there still a way to get the "CR Research Group #1 >= 100" qualification? Sorry if this is a bad question to ask.

12. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Main pro of using QBC: It'll catch pretty much every hit I'd try to catch myself but I don't have to manually do anything

Instead of spending all day watching hit finder and manually adding pandas from reviews in these threads, etc, I just sit and wait for stuff to come in (mostly). In the meantime, I can do whatever else I want

• Love Love x 3
  13. messica

messica Active Turker

Ratings:
    +342
    Is there a way to import your HIT Forker blocklist into QBC? Sorry if this is a stupid question and that I'm asking so many :bolt:

14. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    And I should add to that main pro: Its much better at being able to catch hits than I am.

Generally by the time I ever saw the best hits it was too late - I'd have to panda it and hope for it to show up. QBC will try to catch them as they appear

15. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Quick review SPAM for sure.

• Love Love x 1
  16. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Oh lord I'm sorry, it should be processed now. Someone linked your thread but 2 other requesters I also missed had hopped the line so I spaced again I apologize :flail:

• LOL LOL x 1
  17. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +355
    POLS-Lab [A1U7G6G0EFMMQC] Study of Public Opinion - $2.75 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.47 / hour
    00:08:56 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 16 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US;

To read POLS-Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

18. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +355
    Sanjay Goel [ABV5QGBWK548H] Answer a survey about workplace cybersecurity behaviors(~ 5 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $8.45 / hour
    00:03:33 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 3 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [1599247758-310250] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 1000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Sanjay Goel's full profile check out TurkerView!

19. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    :p

I felt compelled to pick my joke between this & the "a little buggy" and decided to save my ego a bit because I've learned a lot today and am still dumb as a brick used 50 times for a 25c survey

Really wish I could go back in time, find "YOLO CODE IT" CT and beat him to death before he had a chance to do 3 years of YOLO work :emoji_joy:
    No, Forker stores its data in a specific way that makes it unsuitable for importing into an app like QBC that uses specific types for performance boosting functions like pattern matching (blah blah blah).

Plus, most users importing from Forker are going to have large include lists of requesters better covered under automated watchers. My honest recommendation has always been to heavily audit the list you're bothering to import into QBC, because really 9/10 imports should only be batch type requesters and you absolutely want to fine tune the settings on those individually anyway.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  20. Jonathan Rodriguez

Jonathan Rodriguez New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Yagiz Savas [A2CN9JRG198OIV] Goal Recognition in Robot Motion Planning - $0.40 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.00 / hour
    00:01:20 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Claims I failed an control question. Which is hard to believe considering how careful I am with my HITs

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 6 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Already completed the survey DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs > 10000; HIT approval rate (%) > 98;

To read Yagiz Savas's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.