10/02 - Money Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ChrisTurk, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +11,423
    https://turkerhub.com/posts/376304/

The tough part about this is I don't think anyone is actually incorrect in their interpretations. The instructions/Qs/answers are truly that awful. Also, an ARI req putting up 200k+ without any prior batch runs is very uncharacteristic. The only thing I can think of is they want their ENTIRE dataset to be categorized from the beginning to start drilling down from the results of this batch.
    The work is all gonna get done no matter what, might as well be a part of it. :emoji_sweat_smile:

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  2. WildFlower

WildFlower Survey Slinger FF Champion II

Ratings:
    +4,950
    I'm reading it this way,

the question is Does the product name suggest a pack / a set / number(2x or 3x) of single product?

When the question could've been just Does the product name suggest a pack / a set / number(2x or 3x)?

If they didn't want it to be about the single product, that phrase wouldn't have been included. But clearly :dunno: which is why I'm not killing this batch like everyone else.

3. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    I'm just gonna return anything that isn't single product / no

:|

4. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Yeah, I'd honestly be more worried if it was a small/medium batch. I don't imagine a scenario where they mass reject and it doesn't get fixed.. they'd probably take down a ridiculous percentage of the active masters pool lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. Melting Glacier

Ratings:
    +11,423
    yah.. if they're following the rest of the typical ARI playbook, they have a golden set that they agreed on and those are a non-negotiable rejection if a worker disagrees. Otherwise, they know that workers are going to disagree with each other so they'll re-run the ambiguous ones with (hopefully) clearer instructions. They never do something like "okay, 5 people said this is a bundle, 4 people said it wasn't, reject those 4 because their answers are incorrect." To them, pretty much all data is good data for strengthening their Skynet thingies.

i guess, idk. :dunno: :lol:

the real joke is that many folks here think Masters is a blessing when it's actually a curse. :emoji_joy_cat:

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Melting Glacier

Ratings:
    +11,423
    :emoji_joy::emoji_joy_cat:
    I think Waffles is my favorite amazon doggo tho

• Love Love x 1
  8. GooseMcD

GooseMcD Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,286
    Do I need to worry about these shoes rejecting?

9. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    we will all find out in 3 daze, either we will be happy, or we will be mad as hell or fucked beyond repair L O L

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  10. WildFlower

Ratings:
    +4,950
    FWIW, if you decide to do this type instead of returning, I've marked it as multiple as well. Looks more like the stereo example to me than the battery one. They aren't identical even if they are similar, like the speakers, even though for me at least, that link says it should be a TV and HDMI cable so :hitwithrock:

• LOL LOL x 1
  11. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    They almost certainly have some golden/known answer HITs sprinkled in, so if you get those wrong you'll get a rejection but don't worry about it, as long as you have even half an eye open you'll do fine.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  12. WildFlower

Ratings:
    +4,950
    If you're careless, they might reject ones they are checking, but they won't mass reject.

13. Melting Glacier

Ratings:
    +11,423
    Pretty much everything I said a few posts up holds true for A9, as they are exactly who I had in mind. They have a golden set in there where you have to agree with the A9 team's answers. You should be okay though, I only had 1 rejection from A9 out of some 20k. Stupid employee badge with a name in the corner got me (didn't mark for personal info). :emoji_unamused:

14. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    I hate that stereo example with a passion though (which amazon seems to think is a TV and an HDMI cable for whatever reason). That shit is a surround stereo system. It's not a set. It's just like what you would normally purchase if you want a surround sound stereo system. What if you bought some pajamas that come with pants and a shirt. That shit is just like your normal pajamas you buy, you don't think of it as a set of multiple products. In essence it truly is just one product. or a salt and pepper shaker or whatever

I hate this HIT lol

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  15. GooseMcD

GooseMcD Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,286
    I dont see how someone could get that many wrong. They are pretty straight forward answers. I'm just really cautious I guess. Everything is scared money to me.

16. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    yeah, my return rate is gonna be shit after this batch lol

17. WildFlower

Ratings:
    +4,950
    Yeah, I'm gonna skip heavy returns for now. My return rate definitely took a hit with those broken Rekogs, full queue returns a few too many times. So, so broken so, so often.

18. hvnnvr

hvnnvr Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,132
  19. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. dan