1. The forum & main site will stay up indefinitely after MTurk shuts down in case anyone needs anything. I assume a handful of things will break after MTurk vaporizes & I'll fix it as fast as I can to keep the two main parts of the site online.
    Dismiss Notice

10/08 - Treats Thursday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ChrisTurk, Oct 8, 2026 at 7:12 AM.

?

School project: animal diorama - do we make candy glass animals to bribe judges (older kids)?

This poll will close on Oct 9, 2026 at 1:08 PM.
  1. Absolutely

  2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tripsa

    Tripsa Moderator???

    Messages:
    12,553
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +33,144
     
    • LOL LOL x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spicy Lettuce

    Spicy Lettuce Active Turker

    Messages:
    398
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +1,506
    I know I'm late to the party, but RIP Mturk! Wasn't really on there for the past four or so years but I had some good times doing 5 minute long 30 cent surveys and 1 cent receipts.
     
  3. LucusNon

    LucusNon Well-Known Turker

    Messages:
    1,601
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,517
    A post on Reddit (with a video) from Panos Ipeirotis,
    who ran the the long-running MTurk Tracker project and its demographic surveys.


    He noted (in a reply comment) that increased presence of bots had been an issue in recent years:

    "... Lots of bots in the last few years, and it was very obvious from the aggregate data. For some bizarre reason, I kept it running, just because it ran for so long that I did not want to stop it."​
     
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2026 at 10:21 PM