10/20 - Too Scary Tuesday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexZ

AlexZ Distinguished Butthat

Ratings:
    +45,934
    Sup late night crew.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. brobinson2001

brobinson2001 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I don't normally either, but I don't have a massive buffer so when my Spidey-sense tingles, I listen to it. If the link had been clickable OR they'd required a code, OR they'd had a 98% rating, I would've done it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Penelope

Penelope Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,684
    Just logged into to say I received mine too. :)

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  4. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Now for the MBDU/NHS ones...

5. Penelope

Penelope Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,684
    Received already. You probably did too. She approved the half-done one and bonused $7 and $6. Pretty good requester. Much better than most.

6. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Nope. They're still pending for me. If they switched accounts, I'll probably just have to wait for autoapproval and eat the $9 in bonuses.

7. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Oop. Stand corrected. They approved at some point since around 3p when I last checked on them specifically. Fingers crossed the bonuses come through.

8. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,114
    *falls asleep trying to turk*
    might have to try this again at day change or later tomorrow

• Love Love x 3
  9. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Did you do it in the middle of a decently paying HIT though, only getting woke up by PC screaming the 4 minute alarm? THAT always sucks.

• Love Love x 1
  10. WalledPillow

WalledPillow Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,634
    I just did a second one because of you lol. Good luck to us both :emoji_smile:

I had been doing the IC3 hits with no issues. I was worried about rejections because I did like 60 of them, but I didn't get any. I even got a few bonuses from them. Last night I did a hit from the $1 batch they have up now with no issues, but today it seems like I don't qualify for them anymore. :dunno: Still no rejections though.

The Jayme Mercado ones pay WAY better than the IC3 hits and give better examples, but it still feel like a toss up to do these really subjective rating hits. If you've got better hits coming your way, it's probably best to stay away.

• Love Love x 1
  11. Spilota

Spilota Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,543
    Just remember that I came here because I was wondering if I was doing a dumb :emoji_joy::scaredmoney:

• Like Like x 1
  12. bmt

bmt Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +961
    Amy Douglass [A2W621YX69OVCF] Evaluating fictional character(~ 15 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $17.65 / hour
    00:01:42 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 14 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [253088-252499] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Amy Douglass's full profile check out TurkerView!

13. WalledPillow

Ratings:
    +8,634
    I'm just glad you mentioned it. I didn't even realize that you could do more than one. Hopefully your 4 get approved so I can do the same thing tomorrow.

Truer words were never spoken

14. Moridin

Moridin Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,904
    IC3, MLDSPA, agspav are all super reliable as long as you have a consistent mental framework for how you rate. Gotten the top performer bonus on every batch of theirs I've ever done. Even Foobar never rejected me back when I was dumb/desperate enough to work for them. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a rejection for subjective ratings on anything as far as I can remember, outside of one new requester back in march. That's the best part of subjectivity, you can't be wrong :) Just be consistent and don't sweat it. :)

I'd do Mercado till my ears fall off.

• Like Like x 1
  15. WalledPillow

Ratings:
    +8,634
    Boy you could fill a library with all the thing I don't know about mturk. I had never heard of the others you mentioned. I appreciate the comment :)

16. Moridin

Moridin Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,904
    No problem man, just keep learning. I only started back in Jan and there's still tons I don't know, but you can improve your earnings on here considerably by just studying, learning and networking. And grinding, obv.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Darkmage

Darkmage Active Turker

Ratings:
    +143
    saurabh bhargava [A369XDKM3XLEA3] Opinions survey(~ 10 minutes) - $0.75 | PANDA

Low

<24 hours

Unrated
    $7.09 / hour
    00:06:21 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 5 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [79199243-252586] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read saurabh bhargava's full profile check out TurkerView!

18. Darkmage

Darkmage Active Turker

Ratings:
    +143
    The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Decision Study(~ 2 minutes) - $0.20 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $10.91 / hour
    00:01:06 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    JFC quit asking me this. Minimum wage in AZ is 12/hr, higher in other places. This clocks in below that. They need to follow the law(s) of their workers' locations and pay accordingly.

Catchability: Impossible (HIT Last Seen: 15 hours ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 500; Exc: [249300-252307] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 97; Location In US;

To read The Wharton School's full profile check out TurkerView!

19. Darkmage

Darkmage Active Turker

Ratings:
    +143
    Riven wang [A2JU0S631PXNR] Personal experiences and consumption - $0.60 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $5.97 / hour
    00:06:02 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 1000; HIT approval rate (%) > 98; Location EqualTo US;

To read Riven wang's full profile check out TurkerView!

20. WalledPillow

Ratings:
    +8,634
    I'm really confused about one of the MLDSPA hits I'm doing. Half of the audio samples are straight gibberish... am I evaluating how clear the gibberish is, or should I mark the ones I can't understand as bad? It's so strange, it's like I'm listening to one of those ghost "recordings" o_O

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.