10/24 - Tubular Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totally Not Salem

Totally Not Salem Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,034
    Gotta be careful when you put the colon and D together. Turns into a smiley face.

• LOL LOL x 2
  2. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    :D it doesn't work with me but the doc says that I should grow out of it eventually.

4. lisa7417

lisa7417 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +344
    I think me and my husband have settled on analyst for my job title. He tells people I work for amazon, google and that I do stuff for a facial recognition company (noblis) and stuff with satellite images (pfa). :emoji_smile:So hard to explain mturk.

5. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    It's kind of relevant though because that's the face I make whenever I see a TLDR :behindsofa:

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    You's dirty. ;)

7. Momof1

Momof1 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,909
    I am inbetween the 35 and 40 so I added my down stage.
    • $35/day - you finally quit reddit for good, and are leaving 1.12s on 24/7 on worker while accepting surveys off an improperly config'd scraper and/or the forum
    • 35-45 a day-**mom who thought reddit was never great anyhow and does Pins,Rekogs,etc when her family isn't bugging her but rarely does c-sats because they sort of gross her out (which makes no sense since I used to change diapers and worked for a daycare for a year).**

• Love Love x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. Abscheulich

Abscheulich Active Turker

Ratings:
    +541
    [​IMG]
    I'm doing okay for being on Turk since October 2nd, but at the same time, I feel like there's a lot of extremely obvious stuff I'm missing. Like how include lists work.

Mostly I'm just lazy though. That's on me. I could have done about 3x more rekogs than I actually did but I decided Destiny 2 was more important than making mad stacks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  9. purplepoppi

purplepoppi Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,591
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Momof1

Momof1 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,909
    They don't get it at all and when mine acts like I have done nothing for 4-6 hours a day I want to wring his neck..

11. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    that's very good for less than a month on your first month.

12. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    [​IMG]

Imma keep doing it anyway bb!

Long ago, when the forum was in its infancy, @ChrisTurk posted a long, very important, forum PSA. I just replied with a tl : dr squirrel gif. 100% appropos for the moment.

• LOL LOL x 2
  13. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    My first month was scary because I needed enough money to pay rent lol :flail:

14. Cosmo

Cosmo Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,140
    I'm a $20 to $30er out of personal choice, my wife and I make enough to make ends meet. But when I don't make OT at work, I can't afford to buy the extras. Rail freight has been down for the last 2 years so I don't make as much OT, so I needed something else that allowed me to work around my crazy non-steady railroad hours and make a lil extra so I can stay somewhere near cutting edge in the geek factor.

I just bought the SmartThings module today for my nVidia Shield that I bought thanks to turking.. and I'm going to start dabbling with more smart home stuff soon.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  15. knottypiper

knottypiper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +12,728
    That starts next month for me. Except it's a mortgage, and utilities, and home renovations.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  16. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  17. Totally Not Salem

Totally Not Salem Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,034
    Relative to how much I probably could make, I don't make much on mTurk at all.

I don't have any long-term plans for mTurk, and the daily $250 ceiling @ChrisTurk posted is still around half of what I was making last year sitting on my ass playing CSGO all day.

$20 a day is fine for me. As long as it puts food in the belly and a roof over the head, or fills some downtime while I come up with my next big plan, I'm good. That's why I don't mind bullshitting around with you guys. It's mostly fun and games to me.

It's nice to know the ceiling is so high if things don't go so well, though.

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. lisa7417

lisa7417 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +344
    Exactly! My husband tried turking but said his time was more valuable.Most of the time if someone asks me if I work I say no because I don't want to explain it to people, but then I get the "oh what do you do all day?" question.

19. knottypiper

knottypiper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +12,728
    Btw, this is accurate af:
    • $50-$60 - you've got a requester include list that now has a few decent batch work recurring requesters like Pins, Rekogs, etc. Your work flow is still garbage, but that's OK because the basics are down pat.

• LOL LOL x 1
  20. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Turker

Ratings:
    +427
    Anyone that started when I did 4 years ago likely went down this road their first week. ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.