10/30 - What's In The Fog Friday!?

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Oct 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leafs4_cup

leafs4_cup Ugly Mug

Ratings:
    +31,260
    forum ghosts

• LOL LOL x 2
    • WOW WOW x 1
  2. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    There's no subtle way to brag about this but last year I went to a horror convention and I met the twins from the best horror movie ever, The Shining.

[​IMG]

Also other icons like Bruce friggin Campbell, a few of the Jasons, Keith David, most of the cast from Scream, Billy Zane...

But... The Shining.

• Love Love x 4
    • WOW WOW x 1
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  4. Terp

Terp Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,288
    Tyler D Milfeld [A8EY2J5H2ZVT] Marketing Issues & Attitudes Survey - $0.70 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $12.23 / hour
    00:03:26 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 6 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: RH20 DoesNotExist ; Essay 1 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs > 500; HIT approval rate (%) > 97; Location EqualTo US;

To read Tyler D Milfeld's full profile check out TurkerView!

5. Srndpty

Srndpty Active Turker

Ratings:
    +349
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 3
  6. AlexZ

AlexZ Distinguished Butthat

Ratings:
    +45,934
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
  8. Squatcobbler

Squatcobbler Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,781
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  9. AlexZ

AlexZ Distinguished Butthat

Ratings:
    +45,934
    Off to watch Sinister, apparently I haven't seen it yet. :dunno: Y'all have a spooky Friday night!

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  10. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
  11. Tiger33

Tiger33 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,695
    Bruce Campbell is awesome I wish I could go back in time to the 70’s, be awesome, then make a living off being awesome. That would be awesome

• LOL LOL x 2
  12. Squatcobbler

Squatcobbler Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,781
    [​IMG]

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Tiger33

Tiger33 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,695
    [​IMG]

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  14. WalledPillow

WalledPillow Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,634
    Here's a story that's not related to Sinister, but it is a little spooky.

I was sitting downstairs eating my lunch when I hear something rattling my doorknob. I paused the tv so I could hear it a bit better. At first, I thought it was just the wind, but I started to hear my door rattle too. I get up to go check it out, and the noise gets louder and more aggressive. I'm starting to think that I should've grabbed a knife, but I kept going since I was almost to the door. I peek through the window on the door, but no one is there. I figured a fallen tree branch must be brushing up against the door, so I chill out a bit. When I turn to walk away, the door and the knob start rattling again. This time it's so bad I can actually see the door shaking, but there was still no one at the door. Just before I pee my pants from fright, I see a woman at the door. She doesn't look frightened or frantic, so I'm super confused at this point. Before I open the door (like a dummy), she looks towards the ground and I hear her say, "how many times do I have to tell you not to play with other people's doors?!?". She bends down and picks up this tiny little boy and carries him away.

Apparently my neighbor's son's new hobby is trying to open peoples front door. :emoji_unamused: My legs were jelly for the rest of the day :emoji_sweat_smile:

• LOL LOL x 4
    • WOW WOW x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  15. WalledPillow

Ratings:
    +8,634
    Oh My Gosh! I tried these the other day. They are soooo good!
    [​IMG]

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  16. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    I live near a busy intersection, so I get a lot of broken down cars near/around/in my driveway. I looked out one night and saw one sitting there, not too weird, not too out of the ordinary, whatever. But it stayed there. Nobody getting in or out of the car, no lights on. Little weird. I live alone, so I'm a little hyper-cautious about those things. I lay down on the couch just in case I need to react to anything. The other side of the couch is the front porch which has a super loud screen door before you step on the porch and get to my front door, so I wouldn't be able to miss a sound before someone got to my door. But, somehow, someone's on my front porch, at my front door, tapping the quietest little taps. Like, literally, tap one finger as lightly as you can but still make a sound, that was the noise. WHO DOES THAT? And how did they get on my porch without me hearing? I stay completely still so they don't see me through a window or hear me, they tap a few more times, then I hear their car door shut. I called a friend and asked him to come investigate for me, and pretend he lived here.

Turns out the guy broke down, didn't want to wake anyone, so he only wanted to see if someone was awake to hear his tiny taps. He just wanted to know if he could leave his car there without it getting towed before he'd move it in the morning. :emoji_face_palm: I felt like such a jerk, I left an apology note on his windshield and waved at him in the morning. He said it was fine, he said his wife would never open the door for anyone in the middle of the night either and he understood. I still feel bad to this day.

But now I have multiple security cameras. :emoji_sweat_smile:

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  17. WalledPillow

Ratings:
    +8,634
    :emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:
    I've definitely done the light enough to be heard, but not loud enough disturb anyone taps lol. I never realized how much of a creeper I was being :emoji_smile:

I was imagining this dude while I was reading that
    [​IMG]
    So I'm glad you're ok lol

• LOL LOL x 4
  18. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    Meanwhile, I imagined Chucky at your door in your post, lol.

[​IMG]

I have seen way too many horror movies to ever assume anything other than badawfulscary things, instead of any completely logical and innocent scenario.

• LOL LOL x 3
  19. WalledPillow

Ratings:
    +8,634
    LOL! Chucky scared me so bad as a kid :emoji_sob:

I won't lie, I definitely had an image of a severed hand coming to get me floating through my mind :emoji_sweat_smile:

• LOL LOL x 2
  20. MEC

MEC Active Turker

Ratings:
    +358
    Suthan Krishnarajan [A3OD1FP66BF9J5] Very short, repeated 3-min survey about the presidential election(~ 3 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $4.49 / hour
    00:06:41 / completion time
    Pros:
    None
    Cons:
    Underpaid and write-in answers with extremely short character limits.

Catchability: Very Low (HIT Last Seen: 40 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [8169184-254822] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 50; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Suthan Krishnarajan's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.