11/06 - Fear Not, It's Friday!!!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Nov 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph Dubrowski

Joseph Dubrowski Active Turker

Ratings:
    +197
    Joshua Hart [ABD30ZXCET8EC] Answer a survey about your opinions - $0.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $13.85 / hour
    00:02:10 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 98; Total approved HITs > 50; Location EqualTo US;

To read Joshua Hart's full profile check out TurkerView!

2. Moridin

Moridin Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,904
    Joshua Hart [ABD30ZXCET8EC] Answer a survey about your opinions - $0.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $21.95 / hour
    00:01:22 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 98; Total approved HITs > 50; Location EqualTo US;

To read Joshua Hart's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. zoozoo

zoozoo Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    I'll obey from now on, but I sorta don't get it. I mean, any batch is public. Anyone can see it. It's not secret.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Jfc.

I love y'all, but anyone whining about this is legitimately just brain off.. which I'll give a pass to up until this moment because.. well.. same dude what is sleep zzz's don't hurt me, no more.

But yo, it's one of the most well known requesters on the ENTIRE PLATFORM. The sheer # of HITs available is bonkers, and it's qualled out the ass. Moreover, the requester is well known for REJECTIONS AND BLOCKS.

Someone coming in to ask for some reassurance so their fucking account doesn't get nuked shouldn't be harassed in THIS SPECIFIC SITUATION. Please, if it makes you THAT irrationally angry that another HUMAN BEING might need a little guidance on how to safely work on the platform PLEASE go punch a wall or turn on the news and get your rage boner off there.

Plus, no one comes to the forum to snipe batches in 2020 my columbus. Heyzeus Christmas Almighty. At least stick to complaining about batch reviews, which is actually a fair QQ topic.

I'm seriously not having it be what I gotta read all weekend waiting for cap resets. Don't come to the daily if somehow chatter of this topic irks you.

• Love Love x 16
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Soldan

Soldan Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,523

Sorry mate. I'm grumpy and in a mood. Hey @zoozoo sorry for real. Lots of stressors out here getting to me. Didn't mean to fire off at you.

<3

• Love Love x 3
  6. Tiger33

Tiger33 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,695
    I’m gonna clicky

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    bang bang

8. lapetitebaker

lapetitebaker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,895
    UPenn Researcher [A2M70XENI0CWIR] Behavioral Survey (~ 2 minutes) - $0.25 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $27.27 / hour
    00:00:33 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [19-256083] DoesNotExist ; cbabc011 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;

To read UPenn Researcher's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. Pronewbi3

Pronewbi3 Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +27,826
    Oh...

oh no

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  10. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    That's absolutely not really directed at or limited to you man. It's literally everyone, myself included. And as someone who wants this to stay up all weekend myself and someone who 3 years ago when I was RA Advanced Edition would have already told everyone here to hop off a cliff & off my batch I FULLY understand the sentiment.. I'm spirit animal on the side of no one else being allowed to work on HITs I want to do but in this case it's just so nutso to argue over :emoji_joy: No one is hiding fking 400,000 HITs on MTurk

• Love Love x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Soldan

Soldan Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,523
    I can't even work on teh batch in question cause no masters, just in general talking about batches publically grates my nerves, and I'm only on coffee pot number 1. LOL

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    I'm just sitting here wishing I had masters so I could get in on some of this action

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Soldan

Soldan Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,523
    It dons on me that normal people don't measure coffee by number of pots brewed. 0.0

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  14. InfiniteChanges

InfiniteChanges Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +9,937
    I'm just sitting here glad I don't have masters so I can laugh at the drama. :D

• LOL LOL x 5
  15. InfiniteChanges

InfiniteChanges Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +9,937
    People who don't are sad and wrong.

16. lapetitebaker

lapetitebaker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Angelica Leigh [A2R2BLIB2RPETS] 2020 Election Follow up Study 2(~ 7 minutes) - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $22.22 / hour
    00:02:42 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Writing x2

Qualifications: Exc: [256673-256084] DoesNotExist ; Inc: [8167926-256084] Exists ; Location In US;

To read Angelica Leigh's full profile check out TurkerView!

17. Soldan

Soldan Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,523
  18. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    @Rin is here! The day is okay!

19. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    You have every right to come here and post whatever you want as long as it isn't about non-mturk topics.

In this instance, the requester is fairly well known for sometimes arbitrarily going off the rails and rejecting/blocking. That's kinda just how it is. You can't ever fully trust rejection/block discussions because sometimes workers do scam, so it's iffy. The "proper" evaluation is to never risk more than 1% of your total approved HITs on a single requester, because you have to operate on the assumption they can mass reject and ruin your account.

But risk/reward assessment is mostly up to individuals because you know the specifics of your account & quality of work better than everyone else. I'm not saying you're dumb, but some people seriously are, and they just do work incorrectly even if well intentioned, so if a requester is 99.9999999% safe it might not be safe for some individual person. Like me, if I work on a fashion batch I almost 100% eat some rejections because I'm an idiot on that topic and invariably do not parse what the requester actuallys WANTS correctly and instead substitute my own judgement/perception of the task and submit work that, to them, is wrong. Wrong to the requester on MTurk means a rejection, just how it be. Most people here legitimately don't chit chat about batch work because, yeah, it's frowned upon in general but seriously in this instance you SHOULD seek out information because I, personally, would say it's marginally more risky than a random roll of the dice batch requester.

But this is actually kind of a bad place to ask about this specific requester because more people here have the padding/wherewithal to YOLO even regardless of the anti-batch chat sentiment. This might be the only instance in history I'd legitimately recommend going and reading all the reviews on turkopticon for that req. He has like a dozen different accounts though so don't just use that one profile. Actually reddit search too because there are always tons of discussions about him there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  20. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +355
    UPenn Researcher [A2M70XENI0CWIR] Behavioral Survey (~ 2 minutes) - $0.25 | PANDA

Good

<24 hours

Unrated
    $12.50 / hour
    00:01:12 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [19-256083] DoesNotExist ; cbabc011 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;

To read UPenn Researcher's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.