11/10 - Sparkling Sunday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,096
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• WOW WOW x 1
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,343
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. afallstarxfall

afallstarxfall Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +149
    Title: Academic survey | PANDA
    Requester: CeDEx - Nottingham [A1V7W9RIFE74GH]
    TurkerView: [ $16.31 / hour ]
    Description: Short academic survey, about 10 minutes long.
    Duration: 30 Min
    Available: 0
    Reward: $1.25
    Qualifications:
    • Beranek-Castillo-2019-SD DoesNotExist
    • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98,
    • Location EqualTo US,
    [3NAD71TD7UOOXZN3I6F3RI79EEBL25]

4. Yuk

Yuk Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,121
    Were you in the panhandle? Thats where I'm at, in rural parts :emoji_racehorse:
    It does get windy but the police have been fine from what I've seen so far. Wind doesn't matter cause I'm always inside turking anyways!

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 2
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,343
    I drove through Nebraska on my way to Colorado. I did a month long road trip a couple years ago and drove from Ohio to California & back. I just remember my car getting pushed around so much bc of the crazy wind. & I only say the police seem terrible is because I saw an INSANE amount of them.. I saw some people that were pulled over with their luggage getting dumped on the side of the road (I assume looking for weed)

[​IMG]

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,343
    ALSO yeah me too. Even more so because I just moved to Tennessee and it was so hot during summer and now it's 2cold5me. I'm a freeze baby. >.<

7. Yuk

Yuk Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,121
    Oh yeah, they turn nasty if they suspect the devils lettuce on their roads. There was this whole thing where nebraska and a couple other states tried to sue colorado after they legalized weed. lol

• Love Love x 1
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,343
    Yeah it was scary.. Because let's just say I MAY HAVE brought some of the Devils lettuce... and.. Devils waxes & lotions home with me.

Another state I dislike is Utah. It's honestly really pretty there.. But the people seemed weird (Sorry if anyones from Utah I'm sure you're the coolest<3)

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. afallstarxfall

Ratings:
    +149
    Well this sucks, another power outage but at midnight....last time that happened it was because of a college drunk driver hit a major power line area. I'm not sure what the cause is, but I hope the power gets back on by morning.

10. Yuk

Yuk Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,121
    Get a UPS! And I don't mean the delivery people. It'll save your survey at least, and it's nice to keep internet up for phones othrwise.
    That reminds me @Razr , one definite disadvantage of nebraska is that a UPS is pretty much required for turking. Tstorms are super common, and so are small outages sometimes when it gets windy during that. But at least i was able to write it off on taxes :cj:

11. afallstarxfall

Ratings:
    +149
    Thankfully I didn't have anything in queue but still that wouldn't help me out if Internet is down....can't be doing everything on my phone.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,343
    Damn I never though about writing it off on taxes, haha. I have three UPSs. I had terrible power outages at my last house and got sick of being kicked off the internet when I was gaming lol.

Unfortunately with my current Mesh wifi system I can't plug it into a UPS because it uses power over ethernet to boost speeds. :emoji_tired_face:

13. Yuk

Yuk Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,121
    Yeah, if the outage hits the node a UPS won't do anything. But so far in all my outages the node was still alive so my modem ran off the UPS and I still had internet.

• Love Love x 2
  14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,343
    @Yuk are we friends now?

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  15. Yuk

Yuk Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,121
    I just have 1. It'll run my computer + 3 monitors for 45 minutes. Nothing I can do a raid in WoW on but it's enough to save my q.
    With just the modem it'll run for like 5 or 6 hours

16. afallstarxfall

Ratings:
    +149
    Good point, ya I think I'll consider the UPS. Also Charter has odd times where their internet goes out...not cool but that's the only Internet that runs this area.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,343
    I started with just one but it wasn't enough to run my three monitors+modem+PC so I bought two more. :p I haven't plugged them into my PC to see how long they last but they will keep stuff on long enough. I used them during a power outage in the summer to run my fan because it was stupid hot.

I'm likely gonna plug all of them into my Raspberry Pi & link them up to Home Assistant so I can monitor them remotely. Whenever I stop being lazy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yuk

Yuk Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,121
    This is kind of funny to me btw. Usually people use power over ethernet to avoid wifi altogether or when the wifi is too poor to reach a room.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,343
    Yeah, I know. I have no way of really measuring if it helps or not, but it was a good deal on Prime day and I needed to upgrade. They claim on their (TP-Link) site it can provide 60% better speeds over wifi.

20. afallstarxfall

Ratings:
    +149
    On the brightside with this power outage I may as well go to bed. Hopefully it'll be back on in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.