11/10 - Sparkling Sunday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    I can't imagine handling 3 to cycle in to run my pc longer lol. I'm already dreading spending money on a new battery for this 1 when it inevitably starts yelling at me. Monitoring them at all is something I should do. I'm always home, so it isn't such a big deal imo, but it could definitely be bad if you leave it without setting up the remote app on your phone or something lol. Power goes out and it just sits there screaming for 50 min til both it and your computer die, then what was the point of getting 1 right.

I mean, you can't beat prime day. I'm surprised you found anything that wasn't a spatula or a pair of goggles.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Razr

Razr Jive Turkey

Ratings:
    +2,723
    I don't cycle them in. One of them is for monitors, one for my tower and other small stuff. Last one is for my modem, Raspberry Pis and a security cam.

Yeah I should probably check the health of mine. Two of mine are getting old (I think maybe almost 2 years?)

I was only looking for a decent mesh wifi system on prime day and basically just watched all day only for that item lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    Oooh yeah that makes a lot more sense :emoji_sweat_smile: I don't think i even have enough room around my desk for 3 UPS even if I wanted to. I'd have to stack them and I'm no electronics expert but I don't think that'd be a good idea. It doesn't bug me to not have access to my computer after the 45 minutes or whatever (ends up being like 5 most of the time, i just finish my q, save stuff and then shut 'er down). But that's probably only because I have a switch to play with
    Mine will apparently tell me when the battery needs to be replaced. Should I still be checking it regularly? I should know this lol

4. Razr

Razr Jive Turkey

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Here's a picture of my set up (on the left) Sorry it's an awkward picture (it was cleaning day), it's the only kinda recent one I have. You can see 2 UPSs under my desk.
    Also the ballin picture of me on the wall from when I was a child at Disney world.
    [​IMG]

Honestly, I'm not sure. I haven't checked mine since I bought it. Like.. I assume if you check it now and it's still got a good amount of health you can just put it off another few months lol.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    That's a nice setup you have. Very clean looking, which makes sense with it being after cleaning day lol. Your UPS are pretty small. Mine is like another tower by itself, so that was I was going off of in my head. If I had ones like yours I could probably make it work.
    I'd show you my setup but the most recent picture I have is from back in idaho lol. It's very generic looking, nothing special. Pretty much like yours, except my desk is like half that size and I have 2 of my monitors on a mount and the 3rd one on a keyboard box to make it level with the others :emoji_sweat_smile:
    Speaking of how ghetto my shit is, I literally have an SSD velcro'd to the inside of my case because I didn't have enough room.

6. Razr

Razr Jive Turkey

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Hey that's fine honestly. If I didn't have enough room I would totally do that lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. mountainturk

mountainturk Turker

Ratings:
    +44
    UCLA Anderson Researcher [A3F2ELCFTPI9GB] Consumer Decisions(~ 15 minutes) - $1.50 | PANDA

Fair

<24 hours

Unrated
    $8.46 / hour
    00:10:38 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [-1053778344-180795] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;
    To read UCLA Anderson Researcher's full profile check out TurkerView!

8. mountainturk

mountainturk Turker

Ratings:
    +44
    SCIP Lab [A6YR6DJM3TQ2L] Reactions to various situations(~ 15 minutes) - $1.50 | PANDA

Generous

<24 hours

Unrated
    $15.88 / hour
    00:05:40 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: TP Panel: -727007145 N >= 100; Exc: [2074738505-180253] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;
    To read SCIP Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    So after accidentally rejecting my original hit while on "auto pilot" (her words) requester sends me this this morning

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well.

You recently took part in a survey about the ways in which you schedule your time for AMT work and non-work activities.

I would like to invite you to take part in a follow-up diary study, outlining your daily activities. The information we collect is used to understand how you spend your time (whether it’s working on AMT, relaxation or helping and caring for others). As a thank you for participating, we will give you $20.

I assigned a HIT with the instructions for the diary study via the qualifications system on AMT. The HIT is titled “Everyday Life Diary Study”.

I hope that you will be able to participate in the study on the days mentioned in the instructions (Sunday evening and Monday throughout the day).

10. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    New Requester Profile!

mary mount [AK6TFYORHWEMK] Answer a survey about facility booking - $1.85 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $12.54 / hour
    00:08:51 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 5000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 97; Location EqualTo US;
    To read mary mount's full profile check out TurkerView!

11. Terp

Terp Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,288
    Kirsten Cornelson [A35L5GBLFNN3BC] Respond to round 6 of a survey on political opinions - $0.75 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $36.00 / hour
    00:01:15 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Completed Round 1 Exists ; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Kirsten Cornelson's full profile check out TurkerView!

12. moonshay76

moonshay76 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,279
    Francesca Gino [A2V4OCAP4XYFG9] complete a mock job interview (~15-20 min) - $3.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.72 / hour
    00:09:37 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Gender - Female EqualTo 1; Employment Status: Unemployed EqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Francesca Gino's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  13. Terp

Terp Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,288
    New Requester Profile!

Crisis Computing [A3H11QLYYVI6ZB] Disaster-Related Tweets Categorization 2 - $0.15 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $3.86 / hour
    00:02:20 / completion time
    Pros:
    Qual test attached
    Cons:
    Nothing else. Did one just to get the hourly. It is judging 25 tweets for 15 cents.

Qualifications: Disaster-Related Tweets Categorization Qualification >= 70;
    To read Crisis Computing's full profile check out TurkerView!

14. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
    Yoav Ganzah [A1S7KD6YGZACGG] A short study about emotions and memory - $0.60 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $25.71 / hour
    00:01:24 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Short timer

Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Yoav Ganzah's full profile check out TurkerView!

15. Terp

Terp Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,288
    Disaster tweet batch does have auto AA so guess thats a plus too.

16. AMindAtTurk

Ratings:
    +39,565
    Positly [A20SRJ4UG9W0H0] Interesting psychological study (~2.5 mins) - $0.30 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $13.67 / hour
    00:01:19 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: 34ee50c9eacb4e076cedf82013242ddbbbff8013 >= 70; 80412233201bcb15666b2ac446860a99b1c3bf42 DoesNotExist ; 799ea5dfa364efa477b02b12fce61a3b19f7f6eb DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 500; HIT approval rate (%) >= 96; Location EqualTo US; ab5c70a2a750f5b115e550db4b754b92dfd32213 DoesNotExist ;
    To read Positly's full profile check out TurkerView!

17. AMindAtTurk

Ratings:
    +39,565
    They auto reject if you select too many unknown/other information so heads up

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  18. Terp

Terp Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,288
    ooh, yikes. Guess i will stick with just doing the one.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  19. BluAngel

BluAngel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Good Morning Folks![​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  20. AMindAtTurk

Ratings: