11/17 - Factoring in Friday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    yeah, i hardly use that, even tho I could on many of these, but I feel funny doing that and don't want to lose the qual, so I just go translate, but it cuts into your time badly. I guess some are using the don't know a whole lot, and are able to do a ton

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Good morning, Co-Turkers!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    Try messaging the requester to see what's up if you want. You don't have anything to lose but time! Losing your horn (people with 0 rejections are known as unicorns :unicorn:) sucks!
    https://turkerhub.com/threads/contacting-a-requester.97/

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. THFYM

THFYM Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +23,050
    Ditto. Video game commentary as well. I mainly use "Don't know" for discussion or lecture/speech type videos, where the category would be dependent on what's being discussed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GooseMcD

GooseMcD Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,286
    I havent translated any of them, but i also don't rush through them like crazy. I make sure the options i'm picking are correct to the best of my ability. If i really can't figure it out by watching I choose that option. Like you I don't want to lose that qual. I'm not making $30 an hour like some people and i'm usually one of the last to hit the cap, but i'm making well over minimun wage still, while being safe and i'm okay with that.

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  6. Alliecat

Alliecat New Turker

Ratings:
    +19
    They put

The reason your work was rejected are one of the following reasons: 1. No record was received of your completed survey/work on our system. 2. Your work/survey did not fit the inclusion criteria. 3. You selected a number other than "7" for Question 5 and therefore, did not follow the instructions of the survey.

I know I followed all the questions correctly so I guess they just didn't like my responses

7. smiley edna

smiley edna Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,743
    Title: Short Psychology Experiment | PANDA
    Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
    Requester: Social Cognitive Science Research Center [AGNA99S29MTHA] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 4.16] [Fast: 4.94] [Comm: 4.25] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 95] [ToS: 0]
    TO 2:
    [Rate: $3.93/hr] [Pen: 4.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
    Description:
    5 minutes psychology experiment from Brown University
    Time: 4 hours
    HITs Available: 24
    Reward: $0.50
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Location EqualTo US;

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 8
  8. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    I would personally try sending a polite message about how surveys are meant to gather all data that people are qualified to provide. If you weren't qualified, you should've been screened out. You have a right to receive compensation for the time you spent to provide quality data. You can take it far, depending on whether or not the survey was academic, but that is up to you.

• Like Like x 3
  9. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
    I can usually tell pretty quickly if it's a show or a movie based on the timing of the video. 30-60 minutes will most likely be a tv show and anything longer than that a movie. If there is a person talking for a long time with music or prayer at the same time I choose Society, Religion, Speech or lecture. Just about the only time I use Don't know is if it is just a wall of text.

• Like Like x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  10. GooseMcD

GooseMcD Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,286
    Yes this. if the commentary stuff is just a person talking with no pictures or anything and i have no idea what the subject is I use the foreign language button. But things like food or music or makeup, thats stuff is pretty obvious. its mostly people talking that i use it for.

• Love Love x 1
  11. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
    Also for the video games with foreign languages for the most part I choose, Let's Play because it seems as if they are talking about their gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  12. Alliecat

Alliecat New Turker

Ratings:
    +19
    Thank you! I will send a message and hopefully get my horn back!!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cosmo

Cosmo Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Good luck. Surveys are pretty tough especially since they say it might be an attention check item. Out of the 5 of mine, only 1 requester responded and refused to work with me. I would've had 9 by now, but I've had 4 reversed after discussing it with them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alliecat

Alliecat New Turker

Ratings:
    +19
    Hopefully I can get it reversed, but I'm not holding my breath.

15. smiley edna

Ratings:
    +2,743
    Out of the 9 rejections I have only 2 of them were my fault.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tecnique

Tecnique Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,981
    I have 19 all 19 were definitely my fault :emoji_joy:

• LOL LOL x 2
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  17. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    I have 120.. 6 were my fault :emoji_sob:, the 7th they sent money to me on paypal instead of reversing xD
    The other 113 are from a majority rules that they decided they didn't like the responses as a whole so they rejected every single person and re uploaded lmao

18. SmokedKipper

SmokedKipper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,207
    Good morning.
    I just hit 10k hits :)

• Like Like x 4
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 3
  19. smiley edna

Ratings:
    +2,743
    Well, all of them are my fault for picking lame ass requesters who rejected everything, or the dreaded "oops, my survey was wrong, I'll have to reject you all." He promised to fix that one but...nope.

20. BadPanda

BadPanda Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +54,826
    [​IMG]
    Good morning!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.