11/26 - Time To Tame A Turkey Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Nov 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    These are the ones we use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S8NXDD2/?tag=thtv02-20

purely because I carry them in my purse for using when dining out and their carry case makes that soooooooooooooooooo much more sanitary!

• Love Love x 1
  2. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    I. I think. I think that's a punch!

3. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    Someone got me a custom carry case for my birthday this year. I was delighted. :emoji_heart_eyes:

I'm a full on straw tsar. :emoji_imp:

• Love Love x 2
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  4. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Title: Game Demo Test (20min-2.50 reward ) | PANDA
    Requester: M. Jarrell [A18SR9PPKGWUOY]
    TurkerView: [ $ / hour ]
    Description: Evaluation study of an educational game developed for children conducted by Clemson University
    Duration: 180 Min
    Available: 0
    Reward: $2.50
    Qualifications:
    • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 96,
    • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50,
    [3LV0310AAZ0NXXJEN4AOEJNU8TADKW]

5. salexa3118

salexa3118 Turker

Ratings:
    +61
  6. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    We still have "single" use straws in our house only because I bought them forever ago and we barely used them. Kiddo drinks lemon aid every night with dinner (made with local honey to control allergies) so I rinse the straw he uses each night and we use it several times before tossing. Once we finally finish all of those up, then it's either paper straws or stainless steel ones for us from here on out.

My entire goal is to make anything I have that is a "single" use plastic into at least a double use. For example, I buy a lot of frozen veggies. I neatly cut the tops off of the bags after we eat the veggies, dry them out, then they become dog poop bags. Maybe not perfect, but it does take away the "single" use, and dog poop has to go in something, so why not a frozen broccoli bag?

• Love Love x 4
  7. Hatticus

Hatticus Grinch

Ratings:
    +15,999
    Ok. So maybe I'm a psycho (I mean we all know that's a yes but just hear me out) but I had rather use the reusable straws that are made of plastic (yeah I know defeats the purpose but they last for forever) because I have this abnormal fear someone around me is going to trip and land on one, or I'm going to trip using it then I/someone is missing an eyeball or has a hole through the back of their throat......... Nobody has ever tripped with a drink around me, but those things terrify the shit out of me for that reason.....

• Love Love x 2
  8. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    They're telescoping, so they would collapse, lol.

Also, um, I'm more terrified of what the broken glass that was holding the drink that the straw was in would do to them.

Or them falling on a knife.

Or let's get real here, wooden spoons are really bad.

And anyone seen Castle Rock? An ice cream scoop is terrifying now.

(you know I :emoji_kissing_heart::emoji_heart_eyes: you, girl!)

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. awdrf

awdrf Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,459
    Information Researchers [APW743VML2AOF] Quick Survey About Photos - $2.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $75.79 / hour
    00:01:35 / completion time
    Pros:
    -Very well paid
    Cons:
    -Basically have to re-fill the screener you took to get access to this hit in the first place

Qualifications: PhotoSurveyPilot DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) > 98; Total approved HITs > 5000; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Information Researchers's full profile check out TurkerView!

10. bmt

bmt Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +961
    Katie Howie [AFY8SWBWLTKNC] Brand Boycotts - Must qualify to participate (~ 10 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $5.19 / hour
    00:05:47 / completion time
    Pros:
    None.
    Cons:
    Asks you for your email address at the end if you want to qualify for further surveys.

Qualifications: Exc: [5919382-184661] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;
    To read Katie Howie's full profile check out TurkerView!

11. Hatticus

Hatticus Grinch

Ratings:
    +15,999
    I know right! Like all those are "eh whatever. the chances of that are almost none" but the second someone puts a metal straw in their drink everyone within a mile radius is going to trip and impale themselves. lmfao. I didn't say it made sense.

• LOL LOL x 2
  12. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    @Hatticus

True story. First time ever kiddo was helping me make chocolate chip cookies. He was mixing in the flour with a wooden spoon.

Darn thing snapped in half, sending wood splinters flying, and suddenly he was holding a home made shank.

So yep, I do see where you're coming from!

• WOW WOW x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  13. Hatticus

Hatticus Grinch

Ratings:
    +15,999
    Damm. Does he take lifting classes with Bone Crusher?!?!?!

I'm glad he was ok though!! I don't use wooden utensils either for the same reason.

• LOL LOL x 1
  14. afallstarxfall

afallstarxfall Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +878
  15. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    I bought myself a sturdy set of bamboo ones after that and tossed the ones that were probably 10 years old or older. Bamboo is way stronger and to my knowledge doesn't splinter like that.

• Love Love x 1
  16. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
  17. Hatticus

Hatticus Grinch

Ratings:
    +15,999
    Mine are all stainless steel and a few rubber ones for baking. I need some bamboo ones, but I don't have any cookware that has a teflon surface so I really don't care about that much.

• Like Like x 1
  18. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Bamboo is also a terribly invasive weed that makes going through your backyard feel like you're navigating a jungle in Vietnam and is awful and terrible in every way.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    Except that property is exactly why it's an awesome resource for textiles and flooring, etc. It's incredibly regenerative. Super eco-friendly.

However, that shit belongs in pots. My neighbor has it and keeps it in pots thank goodness otherwise it would be in my yard, too, and it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of. It's just as bad as mint plants. Both send runners out under the soil and you're helpless to stop them once they move in.

We had one rental so overrun with bamboo we just gave up on the damn yard.

• Love Love x 1
  20. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    You have to dig up the entire yard to exterminate all the runners. It hasn't infested just our yard, though. It grows up and down the entire next street over. The power company that owns the small empty space behind our house comes and mows it down every year on their side, but ours is just overgrown and choked and it kinda makes me sad because when I was a kid there obviously wasn't as much bamboo and we had like muscadines and everything running the length of the ditch in that little area. Now it's just bamboo.

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.