AcademicEDGAR (directEDGAR) HITS

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by AcademicEDGAR, May 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. largeeyes

largeeyes Active Turker

Ratings:
    +254
    Seems this was a learning experience for all. I would second the recommendation to use a Qual, either with trusted workers from this batch or with a Qual Test.

2. AcademicEDGAR

AcademicEDGAR Turker

Ratings:
    +51
    Yes this was/is a learning experience. The bad thing is that this is not the only thing I have to do and I spent a ton of time checking through the first batch. Some of you have already contacted me as you noticed that I released a new batch but added a qualification. This was the result of the analysis I did with the first batch. I have reached out to only two people so far based on their results. I have some more I need to reach out to as there are about 4 others that did a super job. Others however I need to create some guided practice for before I can let others (those not in the initial group of six) have the qualification. I just haven't had the time. I did reach out to AWS today to ask for some help on creating a qualification test and my AE said he would have a technical support person reach out to me tomorrow. I hope that will go fast because I did spend three hours today doing research and it was not time I wanted to spend.

Enough about that - I will observe that this first experience was great but I am overwhelmed right at this moment trying to keep up and get things better organized. I definitely want to add more of you to this and I think there is more than enough work between this and the next step to go around quite a bit.

It is a little complicated as when I was trying to decide how much to pay folks I don't want to be the cheapest miser on the block. I am paying too much to have 3 people do each HIT. I think my pay is fair but it is only going to work if I manage this correctly so I can have good validation processes and have probably less than 2% that need to be checked and or corrected. I had to check about 500 (~25%) hits and about 150 (~7.5%) had errors. More than 125 of the errors were tough to sort out as anything other than maybe not enough focus <- trying to tread lightly here. The rest of the errors were my fault as not having a good enough description of the issue. I am just darn glad I did not do what I almost did and dropped 5,000 hits initially.

I appreciate your patience

• Like Like x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. AcademicEDGAR

AcademicEDGAR Turker

Ratings:
    +51
    Some of what I am having to contend with is my fault. So for instance, I am going to make a small change for the future ones that do not have the MD&A in the 10-K but have a reference to where the MD&A is located in the Annual Report (A/R). Before I was asking you to give me the line numbers where the reference was located. That did not work out so well after looking at the results. I actually need more information so at a glance someone can identify where this will be located in the annual report.

Last time around the line numbers corresponding to this would have been acceptable
    [​IMG]

The problem with this is when I was verifying it I could not always be certain that particular reference was to the location in the A/R for the MD&A or if that was a bad TOC entry. So when I saw this I had to verify that it was a reference to the A/R (there were some where the person (I hate the word Worker) did give me the TOC entry. To check this I then had to go open the original file so there were quite a few steps involved.

Further, the next step of this project is to pull from the A/R the MDA - I need to be able to provide good guidance for the next step. So from now on I am going to ask that you provide enough line numbers so that a person reading it can clearly tell the place to find the information. So in the next round I would like line 359 and line 381. The reason I would want those lines is you can probably see that a reader should be able to clearly understand that they need to look on pages 15-33 of the A/R.

I will also note that I want line 381 because it makes it so much easier to check these when I can have to computer pull the first and last line numbers I get from you and dump them into a spreadsheet and then scan them.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  4. largeeyes

largeeyes Active Turker

Ratings:
    +254
    ::checks email:: No Qual.

:emoji_pensive: