[Please Help!] Any way to push Chrome notifications to Android?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Eisenpower, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Eisenpower

Eisenpower Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,870
    I've tried searching for an app or something that pushes Chrome's desktop notifications to my phone, but I've only seen things that go the opposite direction. Some people have suggested using Growl, but I haven't found a way to connect it to Chrome on Windows. So, I'm pretty much at another dead end. Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    pushbullet ..I think? what exactly are you trying to push?

3. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    I tried pushbullet. It only goes the same one way unless I'm not doing it right. I'm trying to set it up so the notifications I get from PC, Turkerhub, OW, and all the other stuff that I use my desktop to monitor will mirror the notification on my phone.

4. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    This is why I just use SoundWire when I need that.. TTS's audio is much easier to push through then fucking with push notifications.

hit finder has pushbullet support though and I would assume that Hit catcher will at some point as well.

5. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    I was trying to find a way for my desktop to do all the heavy lifting in a way where I don't have to be tethered to it. Like if I went somewhere, PC would still be running and I could get a notification when I get a HIT or someone shares one here; or if I was visiting family somewhere; or if I was off doing a photoshoot or timelapse or something. I could periodically check in and add new PANDAS or pause what I'm doing to complete a HIT I catch. Plus, I'm always listening to my iPod, so there's no way TTS would work for me.

Do you think the pushbullet stuff could be manually added into the other scripts?

6. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    What you are saying it is certainly possible but will be a lot of work to get working. @Kadauchi prob knows the most about pushbullet out of anyone on the forum though so you are better off asking him.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kadauchi

Kadauchi Administrator Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +8,589
    Yes it could be added to any script, you would more than likely need a paid account since you would probably hit the free limit pretty quickly.

8. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    On a scale of 1-10, how hard do you think it would be to implement for someone who has little experience coding or scripting?

9. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    Depends on how well you can pick it up, the code to send messages to Pushbullet is like a 3/4 maybe, but PC and other scripts are monsters to read.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    What language are these in?

11. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    All javascript.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2