1. API Information

The TurkerView API page has instructions as well as contact information for support in getting set up with our new API infrastructure.

You can also email us directly at hello@turkerview.com if you run into any problems!

Dismiss Notice

Bonus Tracking

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by EsaEinai, Feb 6, 2019.

1. EsaEinai

EsaEinai New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi! What Script do you use for keeping track of expected and paid bonuses? I can use excel and the emailed bonus payment notices if I have to, but scripts while working might be faster. Thanks!

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,917
    I just use TV bonus tracker. It's not perfect as you have to review the hit for it to show up there, but it works well except for that limitation.
    https://turkerview.com/account/bonus/

I don't think there's a script that will just handle it for you due to the way bonuses are handled by mturk. Since the only notification is by email, if you wanted to write a script it would need access to your email and would probably only work for the email client it was written for.

3. EsaEinai

EsaEinai New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Thank you for the helpful information! I wasn't sure if email was the only way to find out about bonuses (except for the Hourly Script, which only shows a bonus paid that day as a total). I will start using both excel and the turkerview tracker. As you noted, it's not perfect (some bonus amounts are unknown until they are paid). Thank you! I appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,917
    I usually put those in as either a penny or a reasonable estimate so that they appear on the bonus tracker page. The one's I mark as a penny are usually ones where I'm not sure if I'm getting a bonus or not so I just go in and delete the bonus after a month rather than marking the bonus unpaid. I've only got 6 unpaid bonuses out of 310 expected bonuses so it seems most requesters are pretty good about paying up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. EsaEinai

EsaEinai New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks! That sounds like a good routine to try.

6. gener

gener Active Turker

Ratings:
    +710
    Good tip @Ornac I had been contemplating how to handle these myself.

• Like Like x 1