DAC7 Implemented do Americans have to?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Bigmomma, Dec 30, 2022.

1. MechaTurk

MechaTurk Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,980
    Legalese is far from my strong suit, but I would think this definition would exclude me as a casual seller. I definitely am making more than 2000 Euros in a year's time, and complete thousands of tasks (even if relevant activities are just tied to withdraws, that is happening on a weekly basis). Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. NorthoftheBlueMts

NorthoftheBlueMts Turker

Ratings:
    +89
    I think we'll be alright providing we don't rent out our AirBnB on the French Rivera more than 30 times per year OR complete more than 2000 Euros worth of Hits from EU universities/entities. I'm just going to limit myself to Hits from US based entities until there's a little more clarity from Amazon and their on-again / off-again directive.

These are the general guidelines of the Model Rules for Reporting by Platform Operators with respect to Sellers in the Sharing and Gig Economy
    via The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)

Definition of:
    B. Reportable Sellers, p 11

1. A “Seller” is a Platform user that is registered at any moment during the Reportable Period on the
    Platform for the provision of Relevant Services.

2. An “Active Seller” is any Seller that either provides Relevant Services during the Reportable
    Period or is paid or credited Consideration in connection with Relevant Services during the Reportable
    Period.

3. A “Reportable Seller” is any Active Seller, other than an Excluded Seller, that is resident in a
    Reportable Jurisdiction or provided Relevant Services for the rental of immovable property located in a
    Reportable Jurisdiction or is paid or credited Consideration in connection with Relevant Services for the
    rental of immovable property located in a Reportable Jurisdiction, as determined based on the due
    diligence procedures set out in Section II.

4. An “Excluded Seller” is any Seller:
    a) that is an Entity for which the Platform Operator facilitated more than 2,000 Relevant Services for
    the rental of immovable property in respect of a Property Listing during the Reportable Period;
    b) that is a governmental entity; or
    c) that is an Entity the stock of which is regularly traded on an established securities market or a
    related Entity of an Entity the stock of which is regularly traded on an established securities market

plus

D. Determination of jurisdiction of residence of Sellers, p 23
    1. A Reporting Platform Operator must consider a Seller resident in the jurisdiction of the Seller’s
    Primary Address.
    2. Notwithstanding subparagraph D(1), a Reporting Platform Operator must consider a Seller
    resident in each jurisdiction confirmed by a Government Verification Service pursuant to subparagraph
    B(3).

• Love Love x 2
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  3. MechaTurk

MechaTurk Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,980
    :emoji_joy:

• Love Love x 1
  4. NorthoftheBlueMts

NorthoftheBlueMts Turker

Ratings:
    +89
    The lastest news ~
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the support team. I understand you have a question about DAC7 Tax Interview. Your concern has been noted. DAC7 interview form have been taken down temporary to implement some fixes.

We will reopen the interview once we have all the issues fixed and allow extended time to complete the interview. Currently, we do not have a timeframe on how long the fix will take. Please keep an eye out for our email update.

*For customers who filled the form out will not be required to redo the form.*

Best regards,
    Genesis
    Amazon Web Services

• Like Like x 4
  5. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,115
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  6. David E

David E New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Hmmm, nothing after Mar of 23'? Anyway, I absolutely did NOT bend over and comply and give my tax info, and if you did you've enrolled yourself in the NWO. The EU has no authority to make up laws and impose them on the rest of the world; they're unenforceable, as they have no power at all over citizens outside of the EU. As to Amazon, they SHOULD say buh-bye to Europe... the EU would change their tune with a quickness. I'm still able to do hits, btw.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jdhenry19

jdhenry19 New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't been using mturk for a few years so I missed all of this about the DAC7. I logged in today and my account still looks normal and I'm able to do hits. Will my account get shut down since I never did the tax interview?