Does 1000 HITS open up more opportunity?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Wfrty13, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Wfrty13

Wfrty13 Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    So I hit 1000 approved hits today.
    Saw it as a milestone.
    But ...
    what does this mean for me as a turker?
    what can I expect next?
    is 2000 hits where more hits open up or does this happen at 1000 as well?

2. lilmsmisses

lilmsmisses Active Turker

Ratings:
    +327
    You should notice a difference.

3. lilmsmisses

lilmsmisses Active Turker

Ratings:
    +327
    What's your approval rating?

4. Wfrty13

Wfrty13 Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    This AM, its at 97.48%. It seems high, but I get the sense we need to target 99%.
    I did a batch of HITS that seemed simple enough, if a bit time consuming, and was "hit" with like 20 rejections out of of 30 HITS.

5. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,145
    1k is a "milestone", but only if requesters set a threshold of 1k. Requesters can set the bar up to 10k, so shoot for that. On your way to 10k you should also erase the impact of some of those rejections. A general rule of thumb is it takes 1k in approved HITs to erase the impact of 1 rejection. 99% is where you want to be.

Having said all that, reaching these "milestones" doesn't always mean you are going to find opportunities. A lot depends on how many requesters are posting that day, if they have other quals (or disqualifiers) attached, the moon phase, etc... It's just reaching these points sets yourself up to be available when those opportunities arise. Every qual HIT you see, take it. Every qual test you can reasonable do, take it. The more quals you have, the more opportunities open up when requesters do post.

This is a good spot to check on quals. It doesn't always catch them all so always be hunting. https://turkerview.com/qualifeye/

• Like Like x 3