[Please Help!] Ghosted by Queuebicle support

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Gary Hess, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Curtis and Michelle Lich

Curtis and Michelle Lich Turker

Ratings:
    +155
    Right I understand that but sending him a message doesn't help much if I haven't gotten a reply to the message I sent weeks ago. Also I'm paying for Queuebicle and having to turk without it negates the purpose of paying for it, but I understand what you are saying and I do appreciate your help. I will message him again and see what happens. Thanks !

2. Gary Hess

Gary Hess Turker

Ratings:
    +65
    This has been happening to me since the update as well. Right-clicking will copy to your clipboard, but the paste will not work in the Workspace. Once you copy (right-click or Ctrl-C) you can then use the shortcut Ctrl-V to paste in the field.

3. Gary Hess

Gary Hess Turker

Ratings:
    +65
    This has been happening to me since the update as well. Right-clicking will copy to your clipboard, but the paste will not work in the Workspace. Once you copy (right click or Ctrl-C) you can then use the shortcut Ctrl-V to paste in the field.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ginger

Ginger New Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +13
    @ChrisTurk ever since the update, the CAPTCHA Browser Fingerprint feature in the Workspace is rejecting any attempts to sign into Google, stating "This browser or app may not be secure. Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can try again to sign in."

No amount of retrying will allow for a successful sign in. I'm always signed into Google in Chrome, my default browser, but I don't see any way around this in Queuebicle. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

• Love Love x 1
  5. Ginger

Ginger New Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +13
    @ChrisTurk I thought I remembered you pushing a Queuebicle update the other day to v1.7.4 that addressed the Chromium issue, but despite running the update, my client is still showing v1.7.3 and the issue is continuing to persist with the CAPTCHA Browser Fingerprint feature not allowing me to sign in.

Is there a way that I can force the client update package to retry the install?

6. Gary Hess

Gary Hess Turker

Ratings:
    +65
    @ChrisTurk Is there a way of manually entering a bonus into QBC? I received a bonus, but the format of the requestor's email is a bit different and the "Add Bonus" feature will not recognize it.

• WOW WOW x 1
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  7. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Can you DM me the full email please? I'll get it worked in for this weekend's release

8. Gary Hess

Gary Hess Turker

Ratings:
    +65
    @ChrisTurk QBC completely broke on me. I was having problems with QBC picking up HITs for a couple of weeks. I tried DM'ing Chris last week but have not heard back. Now I can't return a hit in the workspace. Every time I try to return a hit, it repopulates, even after I've tried to block the requestor and HIT. These are not watchers I've set up, and have not messed with the settings at all. This happens even when I try to return them manually on my Mturk queue page. I have no idea what to do and have had to turn off QBC and revert back to MTS. I think QBC has so much potential, and I want to be supportive. I think Chris is the only one working on it, so it must be overwhelming. But, I am paying $240 a year for QBC, and the lack of support material is very frustrating. Not to mention, my earnings steadily going down. I hope it is a simple fix that I am just missing, but just don't know where to go from here.

9. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    Sucks that you are constantly having issues with QBC. I mostly Turk using a clean copy of Chrome to avoid Workspace issues, though Workspace has become my new favorite thing for batches that need loading.

I think that Workspace will always have weird issues crop up since it is dependent on Chromium. Seems like whenever there is a change it messes with the browser, or at least that is what I gather when Chris has responded to other Workspace issues that have cropped up.

I know this is not exactly the issue that everyone has been reporting, but have you tried cleaning out your Blocked Watchers tab? Perhaps some of your favorite Group ID's have been blocked. Some requesters use the same ID over and over, so might be worth looking through it.

upload_2022-3-2_13-23-16.png

10. Gary Hess

Gary Hess Turker

Ratings:
    +65
    @j0sh83 Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely give it a try. At the very least it seems like good housekeeping. This morning I completely uninstalled QBC and reinstalled it. It seems to fix the repopulate issue, but it doesn't always show the removal from the workspace of some HITs when returning. If I check my Mturk queue page I can see they have been returned, but I have to follow up by closing the corresponding window in the workspace. Otherwise, the list gets cumbersome. Nothing that I can't workaround.

I am still having a pretty big decrease in the number of HITs QBC is pulling. Now to be perfectly honest, this may be because it has potentially been a lean couple of weeks on Mturk. I am open-minded to that possibility. I continually qualifying, so I don't think that is an issue. I tried closing QBC if it doesn't collect anything for 20-30 minutes and then restart. This seems to wake it up and it starts collecting again. But, I am missing some of my favorites. If I am lucky, and I am in front of the computer and hear the alert, I can jump on Mturk and grab it.

I am tempted to run QBC in addition to MTS for just one or two watchers, just to see if I can collect some of those choice HITs, but that seems sketchy, and not sure it is worth the risk.

I have a month to fiddle with it, before I am charged again, so I will see what I can do to make work. I really hope so, because when I can get it to work I think it is very well worth the price.

11. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    Glad to hear some of the issues were fixed.

For me, it was pretty slow in February until the last few days. Yesterday was also decent, but today has been very slow.

This may not be your exact issue with picking up HITs, but QBC scrapes only new HITs every time you start it up. Anything posted before that does not get added unless the HIT is refreshed by Mturk. On slow days like today, I always go back to Mturk and look at HITs posted before I turned QBC on just see if there is anything still left over worth picking up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Guido1979

Guido1979 Turker

Ratings:
    +34
    I have SleepMode enabled and set to expire at 8:30 AM tomorrow. It just grabbed a Jury HIT however that expires in 60 minutes, which is not what I expected it to do. I do have a Watcher enabled for a Keyword (Jury) but do these Watchers ignore SleepMode then? That's the only thing I can think of as to why it accepted that HIT that expires in 60 minutes.

Luckily it wasn't an Empirical Jury that pays well and was a $2 one that takes 60 minutes that I'd never do in my wildest dreams.

13. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    When setting up my watchers, I always make sure I click this until I see it go off. Then I click it once more for it to go back on if I want my watchers to respect sleepmode. Essentially 3 clicks. I don't know if this is a glitch with my own QBC or what, but for me, if I click it just once, nothing happens. I have also had issues with Keyword Watchers in the past where I was catching random HITs without the keywords, so I just don't use them all that often.

upload_2022-3-3_22-34-44.png

14. Guido1979

Guido1979 Turker

Ratings:
    +34
    Awesome I'll give that a try then. I assumed it enabled on its own the first time but maybe it is a glitch then. Thanks for the help. After 2 months overall I'm pretty happy with the $19.95 investment each month for the peace of mind of letting it catch stuff for me. It does get me substantially more money each day also. Pays itself off in one day typically.

• Like Like x 1