Good Afternoon!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cfergirl, Nov 16, 2018.

1. cfergirl

cfergirl New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi everyone! I am fairly new to mturk. I have been watching this website for a week or so, I discovered it when I was seeking information and it led me here! So I decided to make an account with hopes of learning as much as I possibly can. I have only been on mturk for about a week and a half and currently, I am working mind-numbing survey HITS. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it! I am still trying to learn the lingo and understand the tools on this website. I am pretty confused on what scripts are, and if anyone could guide me on where to start, I will forever be grateful!

Outside of mturk I am a SAHM trying to earn some extra side cash to pay for my wedding in May. I love photography and that will be my end goal for my career, but in the meantime I am going to school and trying to earn some extra spending money.

• Like Like x 2
  2. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pronewbi3

Pronewbi3 Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +27,839
    Welcome to the hub ;) I would suggest visiting the daily thread as it's the easiest place to ask questions about scripts/hits and to pick up work. There are so many different scripts and tools many of us use that it would be hard to give advice on every single one all at once. I'm posting from my phone or I would link everything but panda crazy, mturk suite, and hit forker/scraper, are all popular tools and are a great place to start.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. cfergirl

cfergirl New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you I appreciate it! Would you be able to clarify what exactly a script is? I am so confused on this... I feel really dumb asking, but need to know!

6. HardWorkingTurker

HardWorkingTurker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,932
    In computer programming, a script is a program or sequence of instructions that automate the execution of tasks that could alternatively be executed one-by-one by a human operator.

In layman's terms, if you install browser scripts, each script will do stuff for you that you'd rather not do yourself, like adding up daily earnings, checking how many HITs are pending, finding out how much you made so far in the month, or how close you are to your daily goal. There are scripts that do all these things and more. The time you save not checking things manually is time you can use to Turk.

Read up on scripts. Choose the ones that work for you. Stay up to date with changes. Oh! And one more thing...

[​IMG] to the Hub. :ag:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  7. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Hi!
    I'm a few days late with this, but here's a post I wrote in another thread to help someone else who was new to scripts.