Hey all.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Whit32, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Whit32

Whit32 New Turker

Ratings:
    +6
    No..the hit isn't in my completed overview page. So, you know you do hits, complete them, green hits submitted message. Click dashboard, look at what's pending for today..etc. Never showed up there. The job it self pays both a BASE pay and a Bonus pay (this you get e-mail notification about). I did two of these hits in a row, then went to look at my dashboard, only one showed up as pending. However, the requester paid me a bonus for both jobs. This is Crowdsource work, so they have their whole work history there you can look at too. Luckily both of these hits were QC'd (reviewed by another person and then graded) and I was able to pull the work/hit ID from that as well.

Anyway, you can see how if you're doing a batch of hundreds of these and they DON'T have a bonus, you would never know you weren't paid for work. See, this doesn't show up as anything on stats...not as a return, approval, submitted, rejected, nothing...

Either way, Mturk said it's not their problem, and the requester is so far ignoring me. Ohh, so where does MTS come into this? Google "Mturk hits not showing up as completed" with quotes. Appears that people blame the scripts for the jobs not getting submitted correctly.

My thing is Mturk saying it's not their problem. Acceptable answer with some of the work, because it takes you out of the platform (opens a new tab/whatever), but with Crowdsurf, you're still within the Mturk platform, and they have to be able to track that work ID to ...no where in this case (or some setup account to catch vagrant hits).

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Hmm. I understand what your saying now. The only time I can think of that I've had submission problems is when I've been logged out of mturk while completing the hit and then the hit didn't get submitted right, because I had to relog. For some of the hits that open in their own mturk frame I've found from emailing that they got the data, but the hit never went through. This doesn't sound like what happened to you, but maybe? I can't imagine what MTS would have to do with a hit not being submitted, but maybe someone with more scripting experience can pipe in.

If you weren't just doing the Crowdsurf hits for numbers, let me recommend working through their platform. They pay about $0.02 more per hit and also pay out bonuses for total work for the week. https://turkerhub.com/threads/hello.1802/

3. Whit32

Whit32 New Turker

Ratings:
    +6
    I've e-mailed them twice - once about moving over to their platform (over a week ago now) and once about the above issue. I haven't heard anything back (Yes I check spam). Yes, their bonus structure is the reason I want to be over there, plus the automatic 10% pay improvement per hit. I got a friend into doing this and he's already been accepted on their platform after FAILING their test on mturk and e-mailing them about it. lol...**** kills me sometimes.

4. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    They're quite slow at responding to emails if I remember correctly. I would recommend just going through the signup steps on their site and taking the test on workmarket. It's been awhile, but I think it got approved in 2-3 weeks.

5. Whit32

Whit32 New Turker

Ratings:
    +6
    I've already finished 230-240 on mturk. I'll just do the 500 and fill out the promote thing. If I get around to it, I think I'm just going to apply over at 3Play Media and call it a day.